Thai police chase taxi driver accused of trying to rape passenger

webfact

Police chase taxi driver accused of trying to rape passenger
By The Nation

eeb566a6ba4030eb171c39d2fae27775.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- An arrest warrant has been issued for a taxi driver who allegedly tried to raped a Myanmar passenger, while the police expressed confidence that they would be able to capture the suspect soon.

Metropolitan police chief Pol Lt-General Sanit Mahathavorn said on Sunday after the court issued the arrest warrant for Khomsan Totim, a 34-year-old fugitive, that the investigation team was tracking the suspect’s escape and would apprehend him soon.

“We believe the suspect is on the run and have found that he packed his belongings and headed to Phetchabun’s Lom Sak district. It is possible that he is trying to flee to his hometown in Loei and may cross the border into a neighbouring country,” Sanit said.

The Criminal Court issued the arrest warrant for Khomsan on allegations of rape, assault and depriving someone of his or her liberty.

Khomsan also faces another arrest warrant issued by the Rayong Court in November 2015 on allegations of sexual harassment of a youth less than 15 years old, confining the youth, assault and theft.

Khomsan allegedly tried to rape a 27-year-old Myanmar passenger on Saturday, but she was able to escape after fighting off her attacker.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30311095

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-03

Taxi again, tarnished layers are so thick,

scrutiny of applicants is a right the public deserve, 

not being a woman and not knowing the lady 

who knows how long her fear will last,

her trauma should be added to his custodial sentence 

in years served , not concurrent 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Metropolitan police chief Pol Lt-General Sanit Mahathavorn said on Sunday after the court issued the arrest warrant for Khomsan Totim, a 34-year-old fugitive, that the investigation team was tracking the suspect’s escape and would apprehend him soon.

“We believe the suspect is on the run and have found that he packed his belongings and headed to Phetchabun’s Lom Sak district. It is possible that he is trying to flee to his hometown in Loei and may cross the border into a neighbouring country,” Sanit said.

It is also possible that the fugitive is reading what Sanit is proclaiming and change his escape accordingly.

btw Sanit, what makes you think that this arrest warrant will work better than the one 2 years ago? Because this time you really mean it?

" Khomsan also faces another arrest warrant issued by the Rayong Court in November 2015 on allegations of sexual harassment of a youth less than 15 years old, confining the youth, assault and theft."

So there has been a warrant for him for kiddy fiddling for 18 months and yet he hasn't been arrested. That's utterly disgraceful.

Cops would have been after him pretty quick if he had said something nasty about Prayut on Facebook though.

1 hour ago, seminomadic said:

We don't need Uber!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................. public transportation's just fine the way it is, General Prayut. Keep up the good work.

You obviously don't live in Pattaya or any of the other holiday destinations where it is impossible to find a taxi that will use their meter.

Another fine example of Thailand's courteous, customer oriented, and safe taxi drivers.  

No Uber?  Don't kid yourselves.  

I gave up on Bangkok taxis as soon as Uber appeared.  Call me fickled...

13 minutes ago, Bartman1369 said:

You obviously don't live in Pattaya or any of the other holiday destinations where it is impossible to find a taxi that will use their meter.

I think the poster you quote was being ironic. 

With the way most Thai men ogle over Thai women & beautiful women in general..  It's surprising rape occurances such as this aren't reported on more openly than this! As I'm sure it's not the first time. Another GREAT image for tourism!!! Keep it coming Thailand- Hating us although you depend on us for those sex tourism dollars because anyone who believes Thailand to be a family destination has to have their head all up in some sky.. ?????

I bet she wished when she asked for a ride the taxi driver would refuse like most do when you ask to them to take u somewhere Who do they think they are Taxi drivers lol Oh my mistake No they just people who sit behind wheel of taxi and look good 

Really feel sorry for these immigrant workers.  I suspect she was targeted because the perp knew she was from Myanmar (accent etc) and assuming the high possibility that if she was an illegal she would not dare go to the police to report it or at worst if he killed her the case would be less rigorously followed up without relatives to push on it.  This Thai mentality towards migrant workers is both racist, opportunistic and unjust and we as thais should be ashamed of it.  I hope he gets his karma payback as I don't have high hopes on the police unless women's protection rights groups and social media follow up on it.

What's all the fuss about? The gal is from Myanmar, and therefore inferior. He's a great Thai man. She should consider it an honor to be sexually molested by a Thai.

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Hard to tell which it is with some posts.

Or even if it is genuinely felt...

Actually, I looked up the word and I am wrong and you are completely correct.  Today I learned. On thaivisa of all places!