File sharing

janclaes47

I used Google Drive in the past, but I think it limits you that you can share only with other google account owners.

Today I signed up with dropbox, but it gives you only 2Gb of free storage, which is pretty useless.

So which service is to be recommended these days?

6 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Last I looked you could share w/ anyone who has the link and you could also "share with web." Why isn't that still the case?

Probably my wrong, because when I click shareable link I see the following.

drive.JPG

Edited by janclaes47

Again, Janclaes you're misinformed. You can share with anybody on Google Drive. However, if it's copyright material you share, Google Drive flags it as non shareable. But there are may pirate movie sites (123movies) who stream from Google Drive accounts by using scripts.

I personally have a 100TB GD and love it. But then again I dont share and use it for backup only.

Just now, sniffdog said:

Again, Janclaes you're misinformed. You can share with anybody on Google Drive. However, if it's copyright material you share, Google Drive flags it as non shareable. But there are may pirate movie sites (123movies) who stream from Google Drive accounts by using scripts.

I personally have a 100TB GD and love it. But then again I don,t share and use it for backup only.

Are you stalking me?

On 4/7/2017 at 11:36 AM, sniffdog said:

I personally have a 100TB GD and love it. But then again I dont share and use it for backup only.

What on Earth do you need 100TB of backup space for?

There are some free accounts worth while but not many. Mostly they have some kind of things you have to do for earn your space. In reality means that you have to work for your space instead of paying for it.

I am using ADrive which works fine for me. They have an account with 100GB space with no commercial that you can try for free 60 days. After that you choose to cancel or continue pay about 10 dollar a month.

I think that´s almost free and a very fair price. Have a small software that works in the background syncing everything too.

120 dollars per year is not exactly almost free. My 100TB Google Drive (it is actually unlimited) is a one time 15 dollars. If you backup movies, 100GB is not a lot. I currently use 625 GB. Furthermore by buying IT stuff you get usually free space, my Seagate Backup drive came with an extra 100Gb (in addition to the free 50 I already had) on OneDrive. I sync automatically with the desktop app that came with my Seagate Backup drive. Before I used bSync which was 99 cents per month. Both work really well.