breakfast sausage

8 minutes ago, turnpike said:

lots here.

i find it much easier just to make the mixture and make it into patties.

http://thespicysausage.com/sausagemakingrecipes.htm

Same here. Make smaller ones for breakfast sausage patties then from the same batch just double the size and make up some burgers to pop in the freezer for an easy lunchtime snack.

You can experiment with various ingredients until you hit on a mix you like the best.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Same here. Make smaller ones for breakfast sausage patties then from the same batch just double the size and make up some burgers to pop in the freezer for an easy lunchtime snack.

You can experiment with various ingredients until you hit on a mix you like the best.

agreed.

i bought the old hand crank grinder....the same thing my grandmother would have used.....with the sausage attachment on the end....bought casings....etc etc.

sausages are nice but a lot of work and a lot of clean up before and after the job. i finally just decided it wasnt worth the bother....i men...all you are missing is the hog casing...and i think more fat bleeds out of a pattie than a sausage so theres that too.

and agree again. experimenting is part of the fun.

On 4/8/2017 at 2:41 PM, Denim said:

+1

most breakfast sausage don't use casings...give yerself a break and just use a spiced up mixture with beef, pork and etc and make some patties...less preparation muss and fuss and freezes easily...

bangers and mash on the other hand, etc but ye don't usually eat that fer breakfast...and ye can get ground pork at any tescos and frozen ground beef at makro as well as some nice spices...

gonna make some meself soon...good thread...