Two day midweek umbrella ban and no food as Pattaya beaches "returned to tourists"

webfact

1 hour ago, Encid said:

The few shady areas on the beach are always full of packed up umbrellas and seating. :dry:

You could in parts of Jomtien beach... not Pattaya beach though.

17 years in Jomtien tells me your wrong

unless you hid in side a sandcastle.  :jap:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it stays with proposals they still not have anything to worry about.

Pattaya beach is not really something to look forward to as a tourist. Those beach operators and vendors do at least make it a little bit appealing. Without them
nobody will be using those beaches anyway.

Those vendors not really bothered me that much, it is easy if an icecream vendor passed by to get something refreshing, or get sold cold drinks from the operator without 
having to run around buying it from 7/11 and bringing it back to the beach. At least those operators provide a waste basket (at least some do) for your garbage, without them
the beaches will be more polluted with waste. And if you find those vendors too annoying, just ignore them, they move on eventually.

1 minute ago, onemorechang said:

17 years in Jomtien tells me your wrong

unless you hid in side a sandcastle.  :jap:

Perhaps it's the glares they get from my Thai missus? :whistling:

Why not alternate the days for different beaches?  That way if you want to sit on the beach with an umbrella you could go to Jomtien or Naklua when Pattaya is given back to the tourists?  Makes sense to me. That way they could keep the beach cleaning crew 6 days  per week,

2 hours ago, CliffH said:

Things for the visitor to do in Pattaya on Wednesdays and Thursdays....

1)  Sit on the beach where there is virtually no shade and get fried

2)  Walk aimlessly around shopping malls

3)  Sit in a bar and get drunk

4)  Sit in the hotel room

Is there anything else you can do in Pattaya?

Go and look at all the wonderful nature and wildlife!:cheesy:

13 minutes ago, llttf said:

Why not alternate the days for different beaches?  That way if you want to sit on the beach with an umbrella you could go to Jomtien or Naklua when Pattaya is given back to the tourists?  Makes sense to me. That way they could keep the beach cleaning crew 6 days  per week,

They actually are not giving the beaches back to the tourists on those cleaning days :D

More like giving the beaches to the cheap charlies during those 2 days. Anyone of sound mind does not call Pattaya beach any kind of resort beach. 

1 minute ago, Bastos60 said:

They actually are not giving the beaches back to the tourists on those cleaning days :D

More like giving the beaches to the cheap charlies during those 2 days. Anyone of sound mind does not call Pattaya beach any kind of resort beach. 

I agree.  I have no interest in sitting on Pattaya Beach, the odd time I feel like a beach day I go to Jomtien and when  get there I realise it is Wednesday, as I tend not to keep track of what day it is when I get to Pattaya!!

Just look at that pic of all those hideous giant umbrellas packed in like sardines. It's gross!  I go to beautiful beaches all over the world ( unlike Jomtien) and NONE  of them have those monstrosities. If you want an umbrella buy a small one that clamps into the small chair you bring.  The beach is for sun and fun. 

We had a total ban in Phuket but that's now been overturned with a limited number of beds, umbrellas and vendors.

The same will probably happen in Pattaya.

What annoys me most is always the decoration that they're doing this for the tourists. Have any of the officials in charge, either in Phuket or Pattaya, ever bothered to survey the tourists to see what they actually want?

3 hours ago, CliffH said:

No! Absolutely nothing else:cheesy:

8 minutes ago, madmitch said:

We had a total ban in Phuket but that's now been overturned with a limited number of beds, umbrellas and vendors.

The same will probably happen in Pattaya.

What annoys me most is always the decoration that they're doing this for the tourists. Have any of the officials in charge, either in Phuket or Pattaya, ever bothered to survey the tourists to see what they actually want?

Imho i think tourists wants umbrellas chairs drinks and food and tables and most tourists do not want jetski rentals.

9 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Just look at that pic of all those hideous giant umbrellas packed in like sardines. It's gross!  I go to beautiful beaches all over the world ( unlike Jomtien) and NONE  of them have those monstrosities. If you want an umbrella buy a small one that clamps into the small chair you bring.  The beach is for sun and fun. 

This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Maybe they need to all be the same colour.

il_fullxfull.1052437128_dgrb.jpg

I've always thought the beaches in Pattaya and Jomtien were too narrow for all the umbrella/chair concessions.

If they ever add to the sandy area at Pattaya as proposed and doubled the depth, but kept the same amount of umbrellas/chairs, I think it would satisfy most everybody.   If you want a chair & umbrella, it'd be there.  If you want open sandy area without chair/umbrella, it would be there, too.

3 hours ago, CliffH said:

Short time seems to be a popular way to spend time in Pats any day of the week :drunk:

4 hours ago, webfact said:

4pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

This truly is an image of hell. Torremolinos and Benidorm all wrapped into one. Why would ANYONE want to go there? Where we live there are 5-7 mile long white sand beaches with nobody on them. You guys need to pack your bags and go and see the real Thailand.

Out of interest what are these beach hawks charging for a seat and an umbrella?

2 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

This truly is an image of hell. Torremolinos and Benidorm all wrapped into one. Why would ANYONE want to go there? Where we live there are 5-7 mile long white sand beaches with nobody on them. You guys need to pack your bags and go and see the real Thailand.

Out of interest what are these beach hawks charging for a seat and an umbrella?

The nerve of some people trying to work to make money.  It would be much easier if they were just all bankers.  Then you've got a license to rob everyone of their life savings with no consequences.  Rather than jail time you get huge bonuses!!!

Damn beach hawks!!!

2 minutes ago, joeyg said:

The nerve of some people trying to work to make money.  It would be much easier if they were just all bankers.  Then you've got a license to rob everyone of their life savings with no consequences.  Rather than jail time you get huge bonuses!!!

Damn beach hawks!!!

Sounds like members of your family own part of the business joeyg. Did I complain about people working for a living? Nope. However when a public beach has almost every square meter of it taken over by umbrella and deck chair mafia's then there is an issue. As i said the photo is an image straight out of hell. If you are the type happy to sit in that environment then it tells me enough about you. Adios. 

7 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Sounds like members of your family own part of the business joeyg. Did I complain about people working for a living? Nope. However when a public beach has almost every square meter of it taken over by umbrella and deck chair mafia's then there is an issue. As i said the photo is an image straight out of hell. If you are the type happy to sit in that environment then it tells me enough about you. Adios. 

Pattaya beach already has lots of open beach/space every day of the week...