Pick-up seating ban: teacher writes poetry to say why the kids can go out no more

webfact

Pick-up seating ban: teacher writes poetry to say why the kids can go out no more

3am.jpg

Picture: Sanook

NAN: -- A teacher has turned to verse to explain her regret to her students for not being able to take them out again on fun trips in the future.

Teacher Phuthipong at Ban Ping Luang School in Nan in Thailand's north explains eloquently in the four verses in Thai posted on Facebook why trips out, activities, competitions and sporting events are off the agenda from now on, reported Sanook.

The poem begins:

"Kids please listen to me,

If you go out with me,

They won't let you travel in a pick-up,

or the cab - they say it's not safe".

The verses go on to say that all the fun things they were used to doing on days out can no longer be done because the teacher has no money to afford a van.

The verse continues:

"I have no money for a van,

Or a nice tour bus for you,

I got a pick-up for us all to use,

To take Thai kids to see nice things".

The verses were shared to a page called "Intensity Rottourthai" with many people commenting that no one could explain the feelings of regret at the government decision better.

PM Prayut has delayed the implementation of the rules about travelling in the back of pick-ups until after Songkran but said the law will be enforced thereafter.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-07

Why not write another one from the cremation palaces  about how 10 of them were needlessly slaughtered in an overturned pick up and send it to the ten parents.................theyll never  get it even when it  happens to them, personally let them slaughter themselves but leave me out of it, therein lies the problem.

I got mixed feelings about the whole thing, ofcourse its safer to follow the new rules. On the other hand a load of people will be deprived of fun and cheaper transport. This is how it was in Thailand and this hits the poor hard. 

I understand both sides.. not sure what i support, head and heart saying different things. 

5 hours ago, kannot said:

Why not write another one from the cremation palaces  about how 10 of them were needlessly slaughtered in an overturned pick up and send it to the ten parents.................theyll never  get it even when it  happens to them, personally let them slaughter themselves but leave me out of it, therein lies the problem.

well just produce a new one and get on whit your live 

I also have mixed feelings, can we emphatically state that riding in the back of a pickup is a no no under any circumstances.

We are living in a country that has scant regard for laws that we take for granted, road rules do not exist for many Thais, how can this be changed?.

I think that the only way to address the problem is by education, it is not the vehicle that kills, it is the driver. 

Everyone is up in arms about the pickup, what about the scooter with three or four people onboard, standard practice for a family, do the police enforce this?

I could go on for ages from my point of view but have to remind myself that I have mostly lived in countries that have a more rigid respect for road rules, I am now in Thailand.

TIT

23 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

There was a young teacher from Nan

Who kept her pickup in the barn.

It was not safe for the kids on the tray,

So no one could go out to play. 

Minister of Education couldn't give a darn!!!

:sorry:

There was a young teacher from Nan,

upset by the pick up truck ban,

Wrote a poem for the class,

proving her a dumb ass,

Sack her as quick as you can!

“A teacher has turned to verse to explain her regret to her students for not being able to take them out again on fun trips in the future.

What happens when the fun trip results in a deadly road calamity? It doesn't matter. You are poor, and concern for safety is only for the rich and educated. This is a perfect example why the education system here is inadequate. You have people, who are not able to see beyond their selfish needs (fun), in positions as educators. Critical thinking does not appear to exist in most of this society. Just act on the first thing that comes to mind, with no  attention to the possible outcomes.

Edited by jaltsc

2 minutes ago, jaltsc said:

“A teacher has turned to verse to explain her regret to her students for not being able to take them out again on fun trips in the future.

A teacher has taken to verse to explain to her students why she can no longer recklessly endanger their lives.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

personally let them slaughter themselves but leave me out of it, therein lies the problem

Therein lies the problem. Get in your vehicle and hit the road and your in the accident gun sights. No doubt after your hit you will get a full apology or a Graab (my new word for the day)

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I got mixed feelings about the whole thing, ofcourse its safer to follow the new rules. On the other hand a load of people will be deprived of fun and cheaper transport. This is how it was in Thailand and this hits the poor hard. 

I understand both sides.. not sure what i support, head and heart saying different things. 

Poor yet can buy a pick up?

Probably a  good  compromise would be to say NO ONE  in the back of a pick up but  ok in the rear seats of the smart cabs, at least they have some chance of survival...............yes I know they might  kill the belted passengers on the way past in an accident

DieterWiehe

That was a lovely, heartfelt post.I wonder if you would feel the same if it was your kids that got killed.

Also, aren't you simply quoting the policeman who said the same thing to a mother whose daughter died over here?

Sometimes, i wonder what makes people like this post such hideous replies.

Real missed opportunity for the teacher. Could have made it a positive. Send her this.

Dear Thai children this is what's up,
It is not safe in the back of a truck.
We love you all so very much,
We cannot rely on blind dumb luck.

You may well feel that it's unfair,
Please realise it's because we care.
Understand, please please try,
Our hearts would break to see you die.

To go on trips is surely fun,
But your safety is our number one,
Your bodies are young and easily break,
This is a risk, we will not take.

Rose's are red
Violets are blue
Hang off the back of a sonthaew
Smart cab only fits 2

Every bodies happy,
Pleasing every punter,
Until some old woman wearing trousers pulls this traffic law stunta

Stunta stunta you naughty naughty junta.

A poem by Tukky

8 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Rose's are red
Violets are blue
Hang off the back of a sonthaew
Smart cab only fits 2

Every bodies happy,
Pleasing every punter,
Until some old woman wearing trousers pulls this traffic law stunta

Stunta stunta you naughty naughty junta.

A poem by Tukky

All's well that ends well

If it did not end well 

Well your not here to tell. 

this teacher has started something, she has brought out all the poets on TV

and the poems are good, more of please. Don,t think much of her,s.

I wonder will she reflect on what she was doing, Hats of to the government

it has just saved 10+ lives

Smart Cab Blues

You can only sit 2 in the front

You can't sit any in the back

You can't sit on the bonnet

You can't sit on the roof rack

This is what the policeman said smiling full of cheer

As a sontaew went speeding past with 2 kids hanging off the rear

A mini-van got pulled over and opened up its sliding door

The police officer counted 13 seat belted to the floor

Next they stopped a mercedes and the driver shouted "You suck"

"I'm calling your superior".

"Please don't, Oh fiddlesticks"

The thing is ... maybe ... where does one stop ..

Have a shunt or a roll over in an old car and you are much more likely to be injured/killed than in a multi airbag modern one.