India

teddog

Just had a really good time..Goa.    One way tix into Bangalore, one hour from Goa,cheapest place AA were doing to India,once there cheap as chips to fly/bus/train etc,exit through Calcutta to BKK cheap,book a few weeks in advance.  Got my prostate operated on @arpound one tenth Thailands prices, all procedures are cheaper (and better there)glasses,shirts made to measure etc   all so cheap compared to Thailand.   Indigo ,paid around 500baht extra for flexi tix  weight allowance up to 30 kg on exit change flights for nothing.  Visit the Queen Victoria memorial in Calcutta..fantasic  hotels,beer food  all half Thai price.   Out of season now  but Ill be back in Oct    e visas available now

Edited by teddog

A friend  had a double knee replacement done last year in India.  The hospital arranged pick-up at the airport and nearby hotel, ect.  He was walking one day after surgery and out of there in a week (they wanted him to stay 5 more days) His Doctor called him twice a week in Thailand to check-up on him. Now walking great, no pain.  Total cost: $10,000 (B300,000) including airfare.  He had gotten several quotes from Thai hospitals, cheapest being B200,000 per knee.

He said the facility was very new and modern, clean and well run.

12 hours ago, dddave said:

A friend  had a double knee replacement done last year in India.  The hospital arranged pick-up at the airport and nearby hotel, ect.  He was walking one day after surgery and out of there in a week (they wanted him to stay 5 more days) His Doctor called him twice a week in Thailand to check-up on him. Now walking great, no pain.  Total cost: $10,000 (B300,000) including airfare.  He had gotten several quotes from Thai hospitals, cheapest being B200,000 per knee.

He said the facility was very new and modern, clean and well run.

India has come on in leaps and bounds,hardly recognised it from years ago,cleaned its act up too,no longer garbage everywhere.

Yes healthcare compared to Thailand is magnificent,but still need to do your homework...whatever wants doing  Ie knee ..put in google" knee replacement calcutta "for instance and see the results,I got my operation pricing down by 50% because I knew pricing packages beforehand,still same attention,fact is ID scream if anymore attention was paid to me whilst in that hospital.

Not the flying season at the mo,monsoon season on them soon and they cut back on flights sharply,instead of 4 or 5 a day ,maybe one a week,massive disruption through weather,have seen 1000 baht into Bangalore,same to Calcutta....good for shopping  pharmacy prices a third at least of Thailands     https://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiDs5TdgKjTAhWENpQKHUXVBtQQFgh3MAY&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.health-tourism.com%2Fknee-replacement%2Findia-c-kolkata%2F&usg=AFQjCNFeT4qIefHwjA59CAECXMC0vdccTw

Edited by teddog