Woman, 60, killed in hit-and-run accident in Prachin Buri

rooster59

Woman, 60, killed in hit-and-run accident in Prachin Buri

By The Nation

A 60-year-old woman was found dead with her body badly crushed on a road in Prachin Buri’s Si Mahapho district Saturday morning – the apparent victim of a hit-and-run by a truck.

Pol Capt Preecha Julpho, an officer at Rabaophai police station, said Naree Mongkol was killed on the Kabin Buri-Si Mahapho road in Moo 12 village in Tambon Huawa in Si Mahapho district.

Preecha said the woman was apparently walking on the roadside when she was hit and dragged along the road by truck, resulting in horrific injuries. The driver failed to stop.

Police will check security cameras along the road to try to find the culprit, Preecha said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30311749

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-08

I feel so sorry for this poor lady, it is so common. One of the big problems is that Thais love walking with the flow of the traffic. I just cannot get my partner to walk on the side of oncoming traffic despite my explanations etc. Thais are never wrong.

17 hours ago, Pepper1959 said:

I feel so sorry for this poor lady, it is so common. One of the big problems is that Thais love walking with the flow of the traffic. I just cannot get my partner to walk on the side of oncoming traffic despite my explanations etc. Thais are never wrong.

And the absence of clear pavements or verges.