requirements for converting a non o immigrant visa from Laos into a retirement visa (waiting less than 90 days)

3 minutes ago, paz said:

See how good others have been to you, you irrupted in a thread just to ask something for which you can find the answer on Google in 2 seconds, and still got an answer.

If a doctor was visiting you for a serious matter, would you like any idiot to open the door ans ask about their nose itching?

OK  I am sorry just have to be more considerate, thanks for your  advise anyway

1 minute ago, kraxlhuber said:

I live since  1981  in Thailand  married to the  Thiai  wife since  23 years, not one single Thai immigration official had pointed out that I have could  applied   for an retirement visa  when I was 50 years old I had to travel to Singapore  and  Germany to get me  a visa  and  cost me  an arm and a leg even my own wife must have  known about the 50 years old  rule but was MUM

No, you haven't to travel to Germany. Not sure if has been said already but you can go  to Savannhaket  Laos for a Non-imm O visa based on having a Thai child. No money needed. Don't let the rage take over you.

• Like 1

Just now, paz said:

No, you haven't to travel to Germany. Not sure if has been said already but you can go  to Savannhaket  Laos for a Non-imm O visa based on having a Thai child. No money needed. Don't let the rage take over you.

You can imagine how I feel  having all the  wrong advises  and  requests  from officials, I had even to return on my first  attempt to get a  non O or any other visa  at the thai  Embassy in Vientienne  after I travelled  alone  at night  with my car from Chiang ai to Nong Kai for  14 hours ( inclusive  naps and coffee breaks only to been told to return to Thailand and get a new medical and  a police  clearance nice treatment from  somebody

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

You can imagine how I feel  having all the  wrong advises  and  requests  from officials, I had even to return on my first  attempt to get a  non O or any other visa  at the thai  Embassy in Vientienne  after I travelled  alone  at night  with my car from Chiang ai to Nong Kai for  14 hours ( inclusive  naps and coffee breaks only to been told to return to Thailand and get a new medical and  a police  clearance nice treatment from  somebody

Paz means  Peace /upon you

Pls  explain  what I have to bring with me  if I travel to Savannaketh/Laos  to apply for a Non Immigrant O visa I still have the medical report and the police  clearance have  over  480 000 baht in my bankaccount ( that was interrupted by a  unknown to me  withdrawal of  30.000 baht when conducting a deriviate sale ( sorry  a mistake the  security  sales  agent said) well I was  sorry too, hope they return the money to me as promised. You are looking at a really p....d off  fellow  senior member now I have  to probably wait again for   2 months  to season the  485.000 baht by then  my visa from Laos  will expire on the  5th of July

8 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

Be positive. Now you can count on the advice from UbonJoe and few others which is 100% correct, always.

Once I had to fly twice to Europe from another country (not Thailand)  because Immigration did not wanted to move an appointment a week earlier. I regret to not have handled the problem another way, but I was of too high ideals at the time, and didn't knew better. The time and money you've spent trying was in the best interest of you and your family, so look at it with pride. Unless others that waste time here spewing hate fueled by alcohol  and delusions.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kraxlhuber said:

Pls  explain  what I have to bring with me  if I travel to Savannaketh/Laos  to apply for a Non Immigrant O visa I still have the medical report and the police  clearance have  over  480 000 baht in my bankaccount ( that was interrupted by a  unknown to me  withdrawal of  30.000 baht when conducting a deriviate sale ( sorry  a mistake the  security  sales  agent said) well I was  sorry too, hope they return the money to me as promised. You are looking at a really p....d off  fellow  senior member now I have  to probably wait again for   2 months  to season the  485.000 baht by then  my visa from Laos  will expire on the  5th of July

that  unsolicided withdrawal of a fee for  another transaction was taken out of my Savings account which I  keep updated for the  visa  application and now the proverbal... hits the fan

have  immediately  topped up my savings acc

3 minutes ago, paz said:

Be positive. Now you can count on the advice from UbonJoe and few others which is 100% correct, always.

Once I had to fly twice to Europe from another country (not Thailand)  because Immigration did not wanted to move an appointment a week earlier. I regret to not have handled the problem another way, but I was of too high ideals at the time, and didn't knew better. The time and money you've spent trying was in the best interest of you and your family, so look at it with pride. Unless others that waste time here spewing hate fueled by alcohol  and delusions.

if you look at my other posts  here in TV forum since 2009 you can draw a picture of me, was  once or twice kicked out of the forum for  a few days  som nana  b'cause  I spoke  my mind   and that's  what a forum should be 4

3 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

I have  to probably wait again for   2 months  to season the  485.000 baht by then  my visa from Laos  will expire on the  5th of July

No, you will be able to extend 60 days, total 120. Relax, it will be OK.

• Like 1

Just now, kraxlhuber said:

that  unsolicided withdrawal of a fee for  another transaction was taken out of my Savings account which I  keep updated for the  visa  application and now the proverbal... hits the fan

have  immediately  topped up my savings acc

if you look at my other posts  here in TV forum since 2009 you can draw a picture of me, was  once or twice kicked out of the forum for  a few days  som nana  b'cause  I spoke  my mind   and that's  what a forum should be 4

I posted  apic of my daughter  just  20 min a go and was  scolded by Paz  why I

Just now, paz said:

No, you will be able to extend 60 days, total 120. Relax, it will be OK.

I went to Chaeng Wattana  immigration in Bkk and they said  I must show a residence  document in Bkk to do any  extension or conversion, they said  go back to chiang rai to the e mpty house  the kids  are now  both in Bangkok  so  am I

Yes ir  I am positive that this  saga  will have  a good end.
when I visided  a few days ago an travel agency cum visa  help agent there was  an old  brit a year younger  with the samestory as my  with  visa  problems  alike  and he  has gone  the hard way  and forked  29 000 baht out  and got his  non ) and  retirement  visa But is not possible  to apply for  a re- entry visa  with that !!! ??? AND when I left the  travel agency  cum  visa  help agency three other  old  boys like me  were  waiting for their turn to get their visa the lady  said  WE cover everything 800000 Baht surety  applications  etc etc  just hand over the DOUGH

Cannot the  1/2 year term fee for my girl is due   in a weeks time  just have to pay again 50 000+ baht

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you do unless from a country that is visa exempt for Laos. You get a visa on arrival at the entry point.

Inof and fees are here: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/visa-on-arrival.html

be  aware,  Laos  issues  a full page  visa  for  entry  and uses  an empty page for  exit stamp took  5  pages out of my passport  as the thais use an empty page as well for  exit and entry better  staple  2 empty pages  together,? to no avail they removed  the  staple and Happy Stamping on the  reminding  pages, now I have to wait for my new passport in Bangkok takes  3-5 weeks