requirements for converting a non o immigrant visa from Laos into a retirement visa (waiting less than 90 days)

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, Ubonquest said:

Would you share which visa service you used in Vientiane? And did you have to provide the Medical and Police records?

on my first attempt to obtain a  visa  at the  Thai embassy in Vientienne I was shown a slip of  paper  stating that  the Embassy requires  from me  a police report ( Forensic) and  medical examination report from a good Hospital ( did mine at the UEK Ubon cost me  8000 Baht)

unnecessarily as I used on my second attempt the service of  an agent  sitting outside the embassy on a chair  and  handling visa applications for a fee. So I paid the man 6000 baht and got the filled -in form from him and  2000 baht return for the visa  fee  from him, in that case I paid only 4000 baht  for my visa non O valid  for 3  months which is now  slowly expiring as the income letter from my German consulate is  expiring  on May 28 and I must get another one  takes  about 3 weeks or if I show up with the papers   = on the spot, which I might do now  at the German consulate  in Pattaya, BUT my visa  non o- is  expiring on 6th of  July,

On top of all that  some sticky finger got into my  bank-account  and withdrew  30 000 baht and  do not now have the  continuity of the  savings  account for the combined  method (800000) baht  parked in my savings  account,

I have  the  sum required  now again for te  combi 800000  but must wait  again for 2 month and  by then all is lost and  expired, very frustrating situation I am in, I separated from my wife  in December  as  I found out  about her  deceptions

there is  something fundamental wrong to go to  such steps

Any rescue  here  to still use  my non O visa from Laos??

50 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

My non O visa  for Thailand is still valid for another 40 days and I have to hurry up to get a new  non O, ( retirement visa) also I was told that as of now its difficult to get a multible entrance  visa for  whatever

You certainly are going about this the hard way.

It used to be that...

- you'd get a simple Tourist Visa (TR), or Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) outside of Thailand,

- enter Thailand on the Tourist Visa

- go to either Bangkok or Pattaya (Jomtien immigration)

- apply for a 90 day Non-"O" immigrant visa [actually an extension] (with at least 15 days remaining on your current entry)

- so 2 trips to immigration to get the visa and entry stamps.
- completed TM87 form with an attached 4cm X 6cm photo attached to apply for the visa.
- financial proof needed is 800k baht in the bank, or 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.
  (To prove income you will need to do statutory declaration with your Embassy).
  The money in the bank would be proven by a letter from the bank confirming you balance, and your bank book.

- getting the Non-"O" 'conversion' stamped in your passport 

Then...

you apply for a 12-month extension of stay based on Retirement.

(with same financial proof used before, documents within the required timeline)

Oh, and since you'll be receiving a new passport you'll need keep and show BOTH Passports.

1 minute ago, RichCor said:

You certainly are going about this the hard way.

It used to be that...

- you'd get a simple Tourist Visa (TR), or Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) outside of Thailand,

- enter Thailand on the Tourist Visa

- go to either Bangkok or Pattaya (Jomtien immigration)

- apply for a 90 day Non-"O" immigrant visa [actually an extension] (with at least 15 days remaining on your current entry)

- so 2 trips to immigration to get the visa and entry stamps.
- completed TM87 form with an attached 4cm X 6cm photo attached to apply for the visa.
- financial proof needed is 800k baht in the bank, or 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.
  (To prove income you will need to do statutory declaration with your Embassy).
  The money in the bank would be proven by a letter from the bank confirming you balance, and your bank book.

- getting the Non-"O" 'conversion' stamped in your passport 

Then...

you apply for a 12-month extension of stay based on Retirement.

(with same financial proof used before, documents within the required timeline)

Oh, and since you'll be receiving a new passport you'll need keep and show BOTH Passports.

Negative  tried that on e  at Chaeng Wattana immigration office but was told that for obtaining an extension  I have to have  a residency or  a rented  space in Bangkok and a yellow tabian baan book  with the proof  of  either  a rental contract or  proof of ownership of a house or condo with the Chanote  and  ownership papers.

I have a Foreigner  'Pink ' ID card  which is superceding the yellow Tabian book, to no avail some  officer have not even seen the new ? ID card .I have split with my wife  and don't live  anymore  at our house in Chiang Rai Province, the wife moved out as I found out that she sold the house and land  and my 3 cars  as well, the 2 kids  are in Bangkok and  study, I cannot go back as I am  afraid  that I can go to harm alone, now staying with the kids in Bangkok and try to get my non o  extendet or get a new one  from somewhere, my present non O visa from Laos is expiring on July 6th

1 minute ago, kraxlhuber said:

Negative  tried that on e  at Chaeng Wattana immigration office but was told that for obtaining an extension  I have to have  a residency or  a rented  space in Bangkok and a yellow tabian baan book  with the proof  of  either  a rental contract or  proof of ownership of a house or condo with the Chanote  and  ownership papers.

I have a Foreigner  'Pink ' ID card  which is superceding the yellow Tabian book, to no avail some  officer have not even seen the new ? ID card .I have split with my wife  and don't live  anymore  at our house in Chiang Rai Province, the wife moved out as I found out that she sold the house and land  and my 3 cars  as well, the 2 kids  are in Bangkok and  study, I cannot go back as I am  afraid  that I can go to harm alone, now staying with the kids in Bangkok and try to get my non o  extendet or get a new one  from somewhere, my present non O visa from Laos is expiring on July 6th

Rich Cor, good post but not accurate,

I tried  all tha had all the right certs and  proofs  but there was always a snag, I am sitting here now having spend  for the  non o visa  the better part of  100 000 baht  as I had to wait 3  weeks for the requested  police  clearance ( Forensic and the medical report and now  waited 2  months   before  applying for the extension which was  again denied,

I come to think; I am not tooo ugly to deserve such mistreatment from  someone  sitting in an office chair and issuing at will some  visa/ extension or not most time  as I travelled I stayed  at some hotel, really not  a nice  period  in my life.

How is it? Is it difficult to get  a visa  based on  supporting my Thai Kids in University did any member of TV tried to obtain  a dependent support visa, there is  such thing !!

Rich Cor, good post but not accurate,

I tried  all tha had all the right certs and  proofs  but there was always a snag, I am sitting here now having spend  for the  non o visa  the better part of  100 000 baht  as I had to wait 3  weeks for the requested  police  clearance ( Forensic and the medical report and now  waited 2  months   before  applying for the extension which was  again denied,

I come to think; I am not tooo ugly to deserve such mistreatment from  someone  sitting in an office chair and issuing at will some  visa/ extension or not most time  as I travelled I stayed  at some hotel, really not  a nice  period  in my life.

How is it? Is it difficult to get  a visa  based on  supporting my Thai Kids in University did any member of TV tried to obtain  a dependent support visa, there is  such thing !!

9 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

I have split with my wife  and don't live  anymore  at our house in Chiang Rai Province, the wife moved out as I found out that she sold the house and land  and my 3 cars  as well, the 2 kids  are in Bangkok and  study, I cannot go back as I am  afraid  that I can go to harm alone, now staying with the kids in Bangkok and try to get my non o  extendet or get a new one  from somewhere, my present non O visa from Laos is expiring on July 6th

You are posting here looking for help (obviously) but you hold back on critical points of your situation in each post, as the omissions make it very difficult to offer advice directly applicable to your unique and evolving situation.

The normal coarse here is to have you go to either Bangkok or Pattaya and ASK the Immigration office what their requirements are to get a Non-"O" Extension based on 'Retirement'.  Get the list and timeline, then do it.

You may need to apply for an extension to your current permission of stay, as you say the monies will not yet be 2-month in the bank and 'seasoned'. One your funds and paperwork are in order, and you have met all the other conditions Immigration is asking, then apply.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

The worst part pf all that mishap for not getting the required   visa or any visa is that my passport has  all the pages  stamped full, had to go to Bangkok to  apply for a new one and by way of  express service hopeful get  a new one  in 3  weeks, but what I do then?  I am not  a whinger but had my fill

2 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

all the pages  stamped full, had to go to Bangkok to  apply for a new one

FYI

Once the new passport arrives, rubber band it to the old passport.

They will now, unfortunately, have to live together and be presented together for a long while (as the old passport is the one you entered Thailand under, and you will be applying for an extension based on this 'entry' document, and the new passport will be used going forward).  

Thai Immigration will place 'conversion' stamps in your new passport, but as the 'conversion' and 'extensions' of the permission to stay were based on the Visa contained in the old passport. So for as long as you use and extend that original permission to stay you will need to retain and present that old passport with the new passport when dealing with Thailand Immigration or Border Control.  

• Like 1

my residency Yellow Tabian Baan is in Chiang Rai province,  everywhere I go for   a visa   or extension says , go back to  Chiang Rai and  apply there as  it is  the responsible  office for me, the Mae Sai immigration officer treated me with  disdain and  I really did not misbehave, I am just old,  73 this year

I better try the  Pattaya immigration office  and I shall print out all the good  advises in this topic and  remember the better part of it

has any member in this forum  good or bad  experiences with Pattaya immigration??

How did someone remove 30,000 from your bank (post number 27) without it being you?

22 years in Thailand and this happens. Everyone take note.

How did she sell your car. Was it in her name?

Sorry to hear about your woes and problems. Wishing you good luck. Please update us as to your situation

23 minutes ago, kraxlhuber said:

hopeful get  a new one  in 3  weeks, but what I do then?

As you say your 90-day permission to stay may not last long enough to complete the application process, you can either ask Immigration if it is possible for a temporary extension long enough to complete the process

...or you will need to exit Thailand and get another Visa.  

If you have to leave then I'd recommend you do the research on acquiring a 'Tourist Visa' in preparation for acquiring a "Non-O conversion plus application for 12-month extension" based on retirement (and the 90-day in-country reporting responsibility that goes along with it)  

--OR--  

go the 'other' route of getting an actual 12-month Visa (that unfortunately requires you exit and re-enter Thailand every 90-days).

my residency Yellow Tabian Baan is in Chiang Rai province,  everywhere I go for   a visa   or extension says , go back to  Chiang Rai and  apply there as  it is  the responsible  office for me

Forget this.  You said the house was sold, you don't live there anymore, so this isn't a current document any longer. Don't use it.

You need to find a temporary place to live, get rental documentation that will satisfy the local Immigration responsible for that location, then apply at that Immigration location.

1 hour ago, RichCor said:

As you say your 90-day permission to stay may not last long enough to complete the application process, you can either ask Immigration if it is possible for a temporary extension long enough to complete the process

If you have to leave then I'd recommend you do the research on acquiring a 'Tourist Visa' in preparation for acquiring a "Non-O conversion plus application for 12-month extension" based on retirement (and the 90-day in-country reporting responsibility that goes along with it)  

--OR--  

go the 'other' route of getting an actual 12-month Visa (that unfortunately requires you exit and re-enter Thailand every 90-days).

Forget this.  You said the house was sold, you don't live there anymore, so this isn't a current document any longer. Don't use it.

You need to find a temporary place to live, get rental documentation that will satisfy the local Immigration responsible for that location, then apply at that Immigration location.

I have checked  with a  Petchabaan office  and the computer says  the Yellow Tabian Baan book is  still valid, the house was  sold  with the right of  redemption the wife took all of the  850000 baht and run, my lawyer says, we must go to court  as I am a foreigner  and  proofing a Thai is  a criminal  when cheating  a foreigner  is  hard to proof, I am entitled to any  proceeding of  sale to a rate of 50%, the case  must be judged in Court and will cost me  about 120 thousand baht to start with for the lawyer,  to  make a court case  500 000 baht, forget it, the wife  goes  away with the loot unscratched, the money also belongs to our kids in school. I am soon be broke as  she has debts of  2,2 million baht proofed by claims from financing and  private people. In Her opinion  when the  wife or husband  occurs debts  the other partner has to share  the debt 50%, no way can be  cheating and stealing be condoned.

My lawyer went to court and the judge  said  *name edited out* should  divorce  his wife  and share the proceedings from the sale of assets, but there is no more money left from all that cheating and  stealing, all stashed  away or given away, but none for my children and me

Edited by Scott
Name edited out

19 minutes ago, RichCor said:

--OR--  

time is not on my side  and I soon run out of  funds my pension from Germany is very low there is nothing left in assets to be sold  all gone the  money  squandered by my wife

1 hour ago, kraxlhuber said:

I have split with my wife  and don't live  anymore  at our house in Chiang Rai Province,

On top of all that  some sticky finger got into my  bank-account  and withdrew  30 000 baht and  do not now have the  continuity of the  savings  account for the combined  method

Some unsolicited advice:  When you can... CLOSE  all of your current bank accounts, open new accounts at a different bank.  

It is all too easy to get access to monies in accounts if they know the bank, account holder name, and a bank employee sympathetic (or stupid enough) to allow the withdrawal.  Confuse them, change banks!  

Yes, you may have to wait until the current application process is completed. But please consider changing banks afterwards.

Yes, you can apply to live in Thailand long term if you have a Thai child or children.  It's yet another option that you'd need to research and talk with your local Immigration office about their requirements.  It's not a simple process.

• Like 1

Google police order 606/2006 look at rule 7.17 (5)

Allowing an extension based on a child supporting their parent in old age in keeping with the Thai way. Over 50

maybe still available and help you

6 hours ago, maprao said:

Google police order 606/2006 look at rule 7.17 (5)

Allowing an extension based on a child supporting their parent in old age in keeping with the Thai way. Over 50

maybe still available and help you

That police order was rescinded in 2008 when a new one was done and then that one was replaced by  327/2557 in 2014.

He could apply for a an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai if he has custody of his children. He would need 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income to apply for it.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He could apply for a an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai if he has custody of his children. He would need 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income to apply for it.

Given that the OP asked the question, "Is it difficult to get a visa based on supporting my Thai Kids in University", I'm guessing the children are much older so 'custody' may not be factor, though he may be paying for their extended education.

"Since you are married to a Thai, you only need proof of 400,000bht in bank ( or equivalent income) not 800,000bht"

I have been accompanied by my wife a every visa extension, and never has this been mentioned.

Two years ago, a Mae Sai, I tried to used our joint K-bank account and was refused.  Immigration officer said if 2 names in the bank book then I needed to have 2x800,000 baht (1,600,000 baht) and  seasoned for 90 days.  since then I have never used out joint account, but keep the required money in an account in my own name. 

At my last visit I was told that I should get the bank book updated at the beginning of each of the 3 months before applying for an extension.  This despite having letter from K-bank stating that I had more than 800,000 for 3 months.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, RichCor said:

Some unsolicited advice:  When you can... CLOSE  all of your current bank accounts, open new accounts at a different bank.  

It is all too easy to get access to monies in accounts if they know the bank, account holder name, and a bank employee sympathetic (or stupid enough) to allow the withdrawal.  Confuse them, change banks!  

Yes, you may have to wait until the current application process is completed. But please consider changing banks afterwards.

Yes, you can apply to live in Thailand long term if you have a Thai child or children.  It's yet another option that you'd need to research and talk with your local Immigration office about their requirements.  It's not a simple process.

Here I am, soon broke, have  money in the bank  which I cannot  touch, need it  for the  combined income  sum of 800 000 baht  Robin  hood was   a gentleman compared to ???

I have  2  children the girl 21  is attending  a  GOOD  expensive university and in the process drained  my resources as well 3 years  study  Art& design is no peanuts  but she insisted  3  years a go and I was still working the oilfields I am in expolraion of oil& gas,n Saudi, Angola  anme it ut since the oil price collapse have Zero work  same as many many of  my fellow  workers

My children are 10%  dependent to their father and the mother is  not contributing one baht to their livly hood   she made a run with all that ill-gotten money and  what  can I do have to stay until the Bitter End.

I don't ask  for much just for  a way out of this mess and nowhere to turn,  everybody says  Som Na Na or selfinflicted misery OOOH LOOORDY

OP, why are you posting pictures? What that has to do with your immigration problem, and I don't think it will help you? Are you OK? I'm asking friendly.

[edit]. I see that you've posted a bit more background about you. I think you should remain strong. If you have been told "som na na" and similar hate speech you were talking to the wrong people, avoid them in the future. Be aware that even on TV there are a lot of similar delusional characters hiding behind a nickname. Good luck.

Edited by paz

1 minute ago, paz said:

OP, why are you posting pictures? What that has to do with your immigration problem? Are you OK? I'm asking friendly.

has to do all  to do with my immigration problem don't be so heart-tless

9 hours ago, taff33 said:

I asked the question for myself,if you know the answer please let me know.

See how good others have been to you, you irrupted in a thread just to ask something for which you can find the answer on Google in 2 seconds, and still got an answer.

If a doctor was visiting you for a serious matter, would you like any idiot to open the door ans ask about their nose itching?

9 hours ago, Robin said:

"Since you are married to a Thai, you only need proof of 400,000bht in bank ( or equivalent income) not 800,000bht"

I have been accompanied by my wife a every visa extension, and never has this been mentioned.

Two years ago, a Mae Sai, I tried to used our joint K-bank account and was refused.  Immigration officer said if 2 names in the bank book then I needed to have 2x800,000 baht (1,600,000 baht) and  seasoned for 90 days.  since then I have never used out joint account, but keep the required money in an account in my own name. 

At my last visit I was told that I should get the bank book updated at the beginning of each of the 3 months before applying for an extension.  This despite having letter from K-bank stating that I had more than 800,000 for 3 months.

I live since  1981  in Thailand  married to the  Thiai  wife since  23 years, not one single Thai immigration official had pointed out that I have could  applied   for an retirement visa  when I was 50 years old I had to travel to Singapore  and  Germany to get me  a visa  and  cost me  an arm and a leg even my own wife must have  known about the 50 years old  rule but was MUM

has to do all  to do with my immigration problem don't be so heart-tless

I'm not. I'm just afraid that some scum here, from the safe heaven of their 1,500 pounds pension, will find amusing to make jokes about your family,  or insinuate that you're looking money etc. I happened before, many times. Fortunately mods are quick in removing inane posts.