Two killed and five injured when pickup truck smashed into a tree

webfact

Two killed and five injured when pickup truck smashed into a tree

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- Two people were killed and five others were injured when a pickup truck slammed into a roadside tree on the Petkasem highway in Kui Buri district of Prachuab Khiri Khan on Sunday.

The dead victims were identified by police as Ms Tharatchanan Duangpan, 42, the driver of the pickup truck and Ekachai Ponglikhit, 25, the front-seat passenger.

Thepickup truck was heading toward Hat Yai to celebrate Songkram festival from Bang Pakong district in Chachoengsao.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/two-killed-five-injured-pickup-truck-smashed-tree/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-10

Up & Running. 

These deaths will not count though,,,, they are too early.

I am not going to make comments on this subject anymore as it is a waste of time.

Watched the carnage for 23 years & the police & governments still think of it as a game, 

refuse to put 1,000 + mufti police on the road to really catch the idiots (they have a very good communication 

system to radio ahead) & if they do catch someone the courts let them off with a slap on the wrists.

Give me a yell when you want some advise on this subject.

Have a Happy Songkran everybody  (My car keys are locked in the safe) 

I can see Thais arguing for being able to sit in the back of the pick up on the grounds that the five in there survived, while the people inside did  not.

Just sheer luck but how many died in hospital?

Better argument is this http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/02/asia/thailand-highway-crash/

There are hundreds of deaths in pickups.

Your one off suggestions just ain't gonna cut it to convince anyone..

4 hours ago, fish monger said:

Well, there you go....Off to a good start I see...........

I hope that they will be included in the Annual Carnage List, since they admitted they were on the way to celebrate Songkran. Like to see the real number for a change :partytime2:

2 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Second ....more!!

I go for more  Last year 442 but i believe those numbers were much higher You cant give a medal to guy in transport dept if his numbers are really bad can you? Let me guess 550 dead

11 hours ago, steveyinasia said:

And people have been complaining that the pickup rule is unfair, is it unfair that people are killed/injured from such a dangerous practice?

They weren't riding on the back but no doubt would not have had seat belts fastened. Given the distance they were from origin of Chachoengsao, sleepy driver syndrome probably came into play

11 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

This would be before the enforcement of the rules.

There is never going to be any enforcement of the laws But hey they have great meetings the people in charge of transport They Talk talk talk talk talk smile after talk then give bullshit press statement  on what they are going to do All smiles for camera then go home forget about it The other problem is someone for got to tell the keystone cops they have to enforce the law See the cops here are like the taxi drivers in Bangkok They are suppose to be police but dont act like one just like the taxi drivers They suppose to be taxi drivers but dont act like one