PCX Owners - Hooking solution required

All,

Playing around with my new PCX and just find it difficult to accept that if I go and by a coke at 7-11 with it, when I come out of the shop I have to either drink it all or store it under the seat where it gets warm, or in the rear topbox where it gets bumped around so much that I won't be able to open it without it fizzling out of the bottle.

Just a practical example to put forward my problem... why didn't Honda add a hook below the handlebar where one can just hang a plastic bag?

Actually I have a bigger problem... and it's to do with everything which is between my leg (ha ha, no not what you think, that still works well), I mean storage: hooks missing and no storage space between my feet.

So I am thinking of solving the problem myself... and overdoing it a bit why not :) Can I ask for a sanity check here.

Two things I want to be able to do:

1 - Have one-two-three hooks for plastic bags and the like.

2 - A way to fit a bag between my legs and secure it a little.

I am thinking of solving the first point by sticking three hooks to the chassis, one in the center and two to its sides. Since I have no idea about this stuff, I am thinking of plastic kitchen hooks with superglue (limited weight support I know, but I'd have more than one). 

To secure a bag I'd add one more, stronger, hook to the lowest point of the steel handlebar, right in the middle. This could also serve to hang plastic bags.

Am I on the right track? :), better more elegant suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance, always valuable input from here.

straydog

You can buy a hook that clamps to you handlebar, metal not plastic. I put up to 5 plastic carrier bags full off shopping and it is no problem.

Also if you have a small rucksack that will fit it the gap between the seat and handlebar gap. Push the loop that comes with the rucksack through the gap under where the handlebars are clamped. Where the loop sticks out push a 3 or 4 inch bit of old waterpipe through it. The weight of the bag keeps it secure, this method also stops bag being snatched as in fact it is attached to the bike.

1 minute ago, chrissables said:

You can buy a hook that clamps to you handlebar, metal not plastic. I put up to 5 plastic carrier bags full off shopping and it is no problem.

Also if you have a small rucksack that will fit it the gap between the seat and handlebar gap. Push the loop that comes with the rucksack through the gap under where the handlebars are clamped. Where the loop sticks out push a 3 or 4 inch bit of old waterpipe through it. The weight of the bag keeps it secure, this method also stops bag being snatched as in fact it is attached to the bike.

Thanks, that's reassuring. If you get a chance could you post a picture of how you set up the hook?

Cheers,

straydog

12 minutes ago, canerandagio said:

Thanks, that's reassuring. If you get a chance could you post a picture of how you set up the hook?

Cheers,

straydog

Hi, for some reason this site won't upload the photo's.

PM me your email if you want and i will send there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2017 at 3:52 PM, chrissables said:

Thanks, just to let you know that I got myself a hook like yours and it's now secured to the handlebar (on the side). I'll buy a second one to make the think symmetric and still I want to find something which can be stuck in the middle on the plastic (vespa style).

I use the hook for my sunglasses and also to hang the helmet when I don't use the bike, and a plastic bag too, although I am miffed by the fact that such a high quality bike has such obvious limitations (the hook, and the associated plastic bags are actually turning every time I turn the handlebar, hooks should be there and should be secured to something which doesn't move like the handlebar).

Thanks for your advice anyway, the hook was 280 baht and I bought it in a small shop near Sukhumvit soi 44, right on Sukhumvit road Ekhamai.

On 5/2/2017 at 0:49 AM, canerandagio said:

Thanks, just to let you know that I got myself a hook like yours and it's now secured to the handlebar (on the side). I'll buy a second one to make the think symmetric and still I want to find something which can be stuck in the middle on the plastic (vespa style).

I use the hook for my sunglasses and also to hang the helmet when I don't use the bike, and a plastic bag too, although I am miffed by the fact that such a high quality bike has such obvious limitations (the hook, and the associated plastic bags are actually turning every time I turn the handlebar, hooks should be there and should be secured to something which doesn't move like the handlebar).

Thanks for your advice anyway, the hook was 280 baht and I bought it in a small shop near Sukhumvit soi 44, right on Sukhumvit road Ekhamai.

If you mount the hook in the middle of the handlbars, the bags will stay in the middle. :)

23 minutes ago, chrissables said:

If you mount the hook in the middle of the handlbars, the bags will stay in the middle. :)

The hook didn't fit in the middle (couldn't go through the lower part of the steel bar), but I'll get a twin one for the other side and look for a different for the middle, will post photos.

Thanks for your help.

straydog

• 1 month later...