Insurance for PCX 150

Hi guys,

Simple answer for simple question: I need a non-pricey motor insurance to cover all medical for myself, pillion and damage to third parties.

No need for theft coverage or damage to the bike.

Surely all scooter owners out there already have got something in place. If you could share with me it would be great, so I can just benefit from your previous research (surely extensive :))

By the way, if there are any deals to combine motorbike insurance with medical insurance I'd be interested.

Thanks as usual,

straydog

Hi,

The problem is that most insurances does not cover you well for medical expenses, they cover 3rd party injuries up to 10,000,000 baht but you own injuries it's something ridiculous like 50,000 THB.

For example, my bike being "old" i was only able to grab a 2+ insurance for 2,000 THB / year, here's what it covers :

Third party :

- Death / injury or compensation : 300,000 BAHT per person, up to 10,000,000 baht per accident

- Property damage : 600,000 baht

Own :

- Death / disability 50,000 driver + 50,000 baht passenger

- Medical expense : 50,000 baht

- Bail bond : 100,000 Baht.

So obviously it's not the best insurance, and what i'm gona say might be wrong but i think that even if you take a premium insurance you would be covered for 100,000 baht for your own medical expenses.

If you want to be covered for medical expenses, just take an health insurance, BUPA, AXA whathever, it's SO MUCH better.

Thanks, yes I agree it doesn't sound very good, hopefully I'll hear more from others.

Even 300,000 per person for 3rd party... doesn't sound sufficient if something serious happens.

Your point about health insurance, I will be looking into that, but are you confident that medical expenses deriving from a bike accident would be covered?

Hum

I "think" so even if fortunately i never had to try it.

Just emailed bupa about this, but i can't see anything related to "vehicules accidents" in their exclusion list :

Exclusion list (https://www.bupa.co.th/en/individuals/health-insurance/individual/detail.aspx?iid=13&ifid=45#tab)

• Pre-existing condition or any medical expenses for a sickness that happens in the course of 30 days from the initial effective date of the insurance policy
  • Treatment or correction of surgery for congenital anomalies or development disorders
  • Medical expenses incurred from the treatment for attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury
  • Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) including a complication or sexually transmitted diseases
  • Any medical treatment that is not conventional treatment, including alternative treatments
  • Health check-up or a hospital confinement or a request for surgery, convalescence which is not under medical necessity or medical standard
  • Pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage (unless the insuring agreement for maternity is purchased), contraception sterillization
  • Visual acuity, laser eye treatment, LASIK, dental treatment and aesthetics treatment such as acne, blemish
  • Sickness or diseases which happens within 6 months from the first day the Insurance Policy becomes effective including Tumors or Cancers, Polyps or Cysts, Hemorrhoids, Hernias, Pterygium, Pinguecula or Cataract, Tonsillectomy or Adenoidectomy, Stones, Endometriosis, Varicose Veins, Hallux Valgus, Ganglions