Article 44 won’t hurt Thailand’s international image: Don

webfact

Article 44 won’t hurt Thailand’s international image: Don
By The Nation

e8668afbca2b06a585de0aa30ee615ae.jpeg

Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai, centre, at a briefing session on the new charter draft for foreign diplomats ahead of the referendum at the Foreign Ministry in August, 2016.

BANGKOK: -- The international community was not concerned that the junta had retained absolute powers through Article 44 despite the promulgation of a new Constitution, Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said Monday.

“It [Article 44] won’t hurt our image. No one cares much about the Article because they have monitored our exercising of it and realised that the government has used it constructively to move the country forward,” Don said.

He said the international community had a good understanding of the new Constitution and the road map to a general election after the government explained the whole process. 

If any diplomatic groups or international organisation still had queries on the new charter , the Foreign Ministry was ready to hold an explanatory session, he said. 

The Foreign Ministry will later distribute an English version of the Constitution to foreign diplomats to give them a better understanding of the charter content, Don added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30311903

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-10

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said the international community had a good understanding of the new Constitution

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Foreign Ministry will later distribute an English version of the Constitution to foreign diplomats to give them a better understanding of the charter content, Don added.

one sentence he says the 'International Community' understand it and later he says an English version will be released sometime later so the 'IC' will understand it more. Umm, they either understand it or they don't. Though people of the 'IC' may have been briefed about the 'Con' by the Don and other Thai Foreign Ministerial personnel, i am guessing most 'IC' don't read or speak Thai to fully understand it properly.

Who exactly are these mysterious 'International Community' beings the Don speaks of that say they understand?

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

“It [Article 44] won’t hurt our image. No one cares much about the Article because they have monitored our exercising of it and realised that the government has used it constructively to move the country forward,” Don said.

He said the international community had a good understanding of the new Constitution and the road map to a general election after the government explained the whole process. 

Article 44 has already damaged Thailand's image outside of the junta's realm of influence. As a piece of the constitution it may not do further damage however it's use will show the Junta in a light they may not like. 

As to the road map to a general election, it will be a rather long and rocky one rather than paved highway.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

It looks like he is desperately trying to keep a straight face in the photo, which given this pile of utter twaddle, must be quite difficult.

Being a member of the International community I don't give a toss about section 44 because it can't be applied to me , however being a person or a business owner in Thailand,  now that is another matter, you can have section 44 applied against you and the end game begins.......................................................:coffee1:.. 

I wonder if the American Don will agree with the Thai Don?

49 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

It looks like he is desperately trying to keep a straight face in the photo, which given this pile of utter twaddle, must be quite difficult.

The utter twaddle, as you call it, was uttered on Monday April 9th  , while the photo of the Three Stagers was taken 9 months ago, probably just as confusing then as now..

Come on seriously this is a joke.  These people are Thailands finest political minds a soldier could gather from the bunks.  Are they actually that brain dead that they think the world supports and understands them?  They cant be that stupid and if they are they should go back to marching up and down and painting rocks like all ineffective armies do to kill time.

The international community, diplomats, the governments which they represent, international investors, all understand precisely what this regime is about. It doesn't chime with what "Don" and the rest of the Junta claim...

10 hours ago, Thechook said:

Come on seriously this is a joke.  These people are Thailands finest political minds a soldier could gather from the bunks.  Are they actually that brain dead that they think the world supports and understands them?  They cant be that stupid and if they are they should go back to marching up and down and painting rocks like all ineffective armies do to kill time.

I think the officers spend their time playing golf when not instructing subordinates to beat conscripts

He is right, if major sectors in international community actually gave a damn (such as the EU, the USA, Russia, China and just about everyone else) they would have acted but they don't, they cosy up to the government.

Stamp of approval.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

What sort of medicine is Don's doctor giving him ?  Is it legal ?  The political appointees or the career diplomats are just showing Thailand their party manners.   Truth is many non Thais have seen the change in Thailand and it is not viewed in a positive light.  Fun and opportunity are lacking in junta controlled Thailand.  

Most things have already been been said but it was the photo that caught my imagination.

Center. '....there you are all so simple isn't, no problem, everyone understands it now, don' they...'

Right. 'You speak for yourself, mate...I'm still on page one...'

Left. 'Whose idea was it for me to wear this tie...I look like part of the flower arrangement!'

Edited by TKDfella
delete brackets

"He said the international community had a good understanding of the new Constitution and the road map to a general election after the government explained the whole process."

And then...

"The Foreign Ministry will later distribute an English version of the Constitution to foreign diplomats to give them a better understanding of the charter content, Don added."

Don the Con must have meant the 'Thai-speaking' international community in the first statement. In other words, the rest of the world has no bloody clue.

Last but not least...

"If any diplomatic groups or international organisation still had queries on the new charter , the Foreign Ministry was ready to hold an explanatory session, he said."

What, organise a special, one-off attitude adjustment party for all diplomats and international organisations?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK: -- The international community was not concerned that the junta had retained absolute powers through Article 44 despite the promulgation of a new Constitution, Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai said Monday.

Astounding statement he must never leave the country. What is in those bottles sitting on the table. It just floors me that a man of standing here could make such a stupid statement. But then we are not the local sheeple who gave them a blank check on the constitution. 

20 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

I wonder if the American Don will agree with the Thai Don?

The utter twaddle, as you call it, was uttered on Monday April 9th  , while the photo of the Three Stagers was taken 9 months ago, probably just as confusing then as now..

Great minds think alike. I guess after the election they can hang article 44 in the hall of shame.

15 hours ago, JAG said:

The international community, diplomats, the governments which they represent, international investors, all understand precisely what this regime is about. It doesn't chime with what "Don" and the rest of the Junta claim...

I could not find a word that chimed rhymed with "Don" Con was gone so I ran the rest of the alphabet and came up dry. I guess entering next years scrabble contest is out of the question. 

Such arrogance. How does he know how much article 44 will/is damaging Thailands image, unless he does a survey of what all the other free countries in the world do actually think.Even then the results would never be made public, because,"no one must upset its minister's"The plain truth is that they don't care what anybody else thinks.

"we have a grip on this country, we have an apathetic populace who are stupefied and controlled by drugs and alcohol, do you stupid Ferangs think we will ever give this up?In this way, we will stay in power for ever , because no one is organised enough and brave enough to contest our law's or our combined police and military forces"

Really? The world will understand? Maybe "communist" societies will understand but democracies will not understand/agree.

I can only guess that Thailand does not want to be a responsible "citizen" country of the world. The Government is quite content to be the big fish in the small pond. Sadly, for average Thai citizen who will be forever ruled by a ruling class, treated like children and not have any real choices about who will govern them responsibly. Not a good track record on "responsible" government to date, either.

Governments will not or cannot learn from 50 years of Singapore history.

17 hours ago, JAG said:

Of course they do, they're professionals. Just as most understood what a bunch of crooks the previous lot were and who really controlled things.

But, while there's money to be made, the international community turns blind eyes and makes the occasional comment. 

There is no such thing a some shinning examples of democracies honestly run for the benefit of their people in an international community.

On 4/10/2017 at 10:17 AM, webfact said:

well, now, ... Don certainly lives in an alternate universe.

Now, he could say that Article 44 won't hurt the junta's image any more than it already has since the impact of Article 44 is arleady thoroughly baked-in to the Junta's reputation after 3 years... 

Moron.