Optician, Bangkok, Sukhumvit, Asok area if possible

Caps

Does anyone know or used an Optician in the Sukhumvit area,  who they can recommend.  I need to get my eyes re tested when I get back home.  My prescription is not your average one so a good command of english would be preferred.  I have my old prescription to explain to the Optician  hence the good english needed.  

Were they good and were you happy with the professionalism/knowledge of the Optician and the staff

Thanks in advance

If you are not getting the eye exam with the intention of buying eyeglasses from the same shop, then I would suggest instead of using a technician with unknown qualifications, you go to Rutnin Eye Hospital (Asok, Petchabury end) where for B1300 you will get a thorough eye exam, not just vision, performed by an opthalamoligist. 

Every Dr. I have seen there has spoken excellent English and several had been trained in the US.

www.rutnin.com  Walk-in's accepted but an appointment will save  lot of time. 

7 hours ago, dddave said:

If you are not getting the eye exam with the intention of buying eyeglasses from the same shop, then I would suggest instead of using a technician with unknown qualifications, you go to Rutnin Eye Hospital (Asok, Petchabury end) where for B1300 you will get a thorough eye exam, not just vision, performed by an opthalamoligist. 

Every Dr. I have seen there has spoken excellent English and several had been trained in the US.

www.rutnin.com  Walk-in's accepted but an appointment will save  lot of time. 

Thanks Dave I will have a look at that,  I will probably need a new set of glasses and lenses.  Do you know if they will give you the prescription to take to a shop to order new glasses?

6 minutes ago, Caps said:

Thanks Oxx have you used them?  How long is the turn around for new glasses.  I only have 3 week before coming back to work 

Been using them for around 10 years.  Can't remember exactly how long for new glasses, but certainly less than a week.

8 hours ago, Caps said:

Thanks Dave I will have a look at that,  I will probably need a new set of glasses and lenses.  Do you know if they will give you the prescription to take to a shop to order new glasses?

Yes, they will give you a copy of your prescription, just make sure to inform the ophthalmologist at the start of the exam.

In the past months, I have written posts about the very good experience I had buying glasses online:, great quality for a fraction of the expensive prices charged in Thailand.

PM me if you want details. 

I just noticed your post above where you say you have limited time.  Online Glasses took 2 weeks from order to deliver to me in Bangkok.  They can ship to your home country as well.

Archived