Scooter Rental With Insurance

ricklev

It would have been better if I had asked about rental companies that either limit the renter's liability in case of damage or theft and include that in the initial price or offer liability limits for an additional fee.  

There are a few companies doing that in Chiang Mai, but I don't really know which are the most reliable.  

Edited by ricklev

9 hours ago, ricklev said:

better than nothing but not very good, still be out of pocket if stolen or damaged, less than 149cc - if stolen renter pays 10,000 bht,  damage 3,000 bht, no cover for 3rd party damage. can only see big bikes on the site

if renting for a few months better to buy and then sell on.

Edited by steve187

Motorbike theft is not rife in Chiang Mai thankfully. Decathlon have some decent looking U-locks. Buy one of those put it through the wheel. There are so many motorcycles in CM I am sure a thief wouldn't want to bother with an average looking rental bike with a meaty looking lock attached to it. Just a suggestion that might give you some piece of mind.

4 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

Motorbike theft is not rife in Chiang Mai thankfully. Decathlon have some decent looking U-locks. Buy one of those put it through the wheel. There are so many motorcycles in CM I am sure a thief wouldn't want to bother with an average looking rental bike with a meaty looking lock attached to it. Just a suggestion that might give you some piece of mind.

Thanks.  I'm not overly worried about theft or accident.  However, I come to Chiang Mai fairly often and rent for a few days at a time so I prefer to minimize risk and deal with good people.   Knock on wood, the 2006 Honda Wave I bought new in Bangkok just turned over 20K with no accidents or injuries.  

I just discovered Decathalon in Bangkok last month.  I had never heard of it before. What a useful store and great prices!