• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 2:10 PM, marko kok prong said:

Well i love Pussy's.

. . . and indeed the ultimate observation. How language eventually caught up with reality. 

As our post author points out, it is in satisfying the owner of the pussy, that determines the fate

of a relationship with the human kind 

On 11/04/2017 at 4:30 PM, Kinnock said:

According to Darwin, Thai Girls and Cats should have headed off on separate evolutionary paths shortly after fish flopped out of the sea and started to crawl on land.  They've been going their own separate ways for over 40 million years - so if Darwin was correct, there should be few similarities in behaviors between these two different species.

So how come Thai girls and cats have exactly the same traits?

Both are lithe, beautiful creatures without any apparent effort.  Both can be affectionate one minute, then lash out the next minute.  Both like fish - watching or eating.  They are playful and seem to actively enjoy sleeping - at any time of the day or night.  And then there's the eyes.

My own 'catwoman' only watches two things on TV - Lakorn (of course) or National Geographic wildlife programs showing either fish or small critters running about.  She can sleep anywhere, including on the back of a bike, and if she's not sleeping, she's eating - yet she never gains weight.  She's utterly faithful, so long as I look after her well, buy her food she likes, and let her sleep, but if I failed to look after her needs, she'd be off.  And when I'm watching TV or working on my PC, she'll flop down with her head, hand or legs in my lap, and snooze contentedly ..... for hours!

Anyone with a cat will recognize these traits. 

And if a cat could operate a mobile phone - what would it do?  Play games and take selfies!   And what two creatures on this planet would choose to spend time perched on a windowsill, eating?

There's just so many similarities between the two species that cannot be explained by evolution alone.

Catwoman.jpg.e981174bee0ffb044068fd642d998496.jpg

A statement made by unqualified army people who can't even speak English.

You can make a immediate start and remove yourself and return the country you stole from the Thai people Your holding them at ransom to be a big tuff guy. Your not good for Thailand 

Country can grow in 5 years without you. Go rob banks.

• 2 weeks later...

Stereotyping Thai birds is harsh, but fair.  It's a bit like calling all British Leyland cars crap, whilst it is mostly true, good ones could occasionally be found.  You just had to watch out for bullshit mileage, knackered boxes on the Maxi, the Allegro's saggy suspension, Austin Princesses that looked good but fell to bits from day one, the pig-ugly but reasonable workhorse Montego and the scary as hell Dolomite Sprint (A decent brand till Leyland got hold of it).  

Everybody starts with a Mini, they have many experiences to report, mostly fantastic fond memories as they've had nothing else to compare it with being full of the joys of their first motoring experience. Totally unfazed by constant boiling over, awful reliability, rotten to the core under the shiny surface, leaks everywhere and terribly difficult to get rid of, basically nothing but trouble. They would often find out that the "one careful owner" as advertised was total BS and it had been thrashed to bits. Most owners smile on reflection but never, ever get a second Mini.

Now and again you would find a real bargain though, I had a great Morris Marina, true it had been touched-up many times and had a fair bit of body-filler with a lot of miles on the clock but it was cheap to run as it didn't drink much and nobody would dream of nicking it.  Sadly, I didn't like being seen with it so I traded it in for a brand new sporty job that bought nothing but grief.  It went like a rocket but cost a fortune to run as it gobbled fuel, needed new tyres every five minutes and everybody wanted a ride in it.  Ended up giving it away rather than fill it up again.

In the market for something different now, think I'll rent a pick-up.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Stereotyping Thai birds is harsh, but fair.  It's a bit like calling all British Leyland cars crap, whilst it is mostly true, good ones could occasionally be found.  You just had to watch out for bullshit mileage, knackered boxes on the Maxi, the Allegro's saggy suspension, Austin Princesses that looked good but fell to bits from day one, the pig-ugly but reasonable workhorse Montego and the scary as hell Dolomite Sprint (A decent brand till Leyland got hold of it).  

Everybody starts with a Mini, they have many experiences to report, mostly fantastic fond memories as they've had nothing else to compare it with being full of the joys of their first motoring experience. Totally unfazed by constant boiling over, awful reliability, rotten to the core under the shiny surface, leaks everywhere and terribly difficult to get rid of, basically nothing but trouble. They would often find out that the "one careful owner" as advertised was total BS and it had been thrashed to bits. Most owners smile on reflection but never, ever get a second Mini.

Now and again you would find a real bargain though, I had a great Morris Marina, true it had been touched-up many times and had a fair bit of body-filler with a lot of miles on the clock but it was cheap to run as it didn't drink much and nobody would dream of nicking it.  Sadly, I didn't like being seen with it so I traded it in for a brand new sporty job that bought nothing but grief.  It went like a rocket but cost a fortune to run as it gobbled fuel, needed new tyres every five minutes and everybody wanted a ride in it.  Ended up giving it away rather than fill it up again.

In the market for something different now, think I'll rent a pick-up.

Try a Citreon 2CV.

• 1 month later...

image.png.0202fc043ab02830fa60df6b5c82141b.png The Australian contribution is the Lightburn Zeta, 1963 - 1965. Reverse could only be selected by turning the ignition key off. The consolation was one then had four reverse gears as well as four forward gears. Lightburn was a company which did better at manufacturing cement mixers.

No-one has mentioned the Goggomobil?

image.png

20 hours ago, bazza73 said:

image.png.0202fc043ab02830fa60df6b5c82141b.png The Australian contribution is the Lightburn Zeta, 1963 - 1965. Reverse could only be selected by turning the ignition key off. The consolation was one then had four reverse gears as well as four forward gears. Lightburn was a company which did better at manufacturing cement mixers.

No-one has mentioned the Goggomobil?

image.png

1971 UK Excellence

bond.jpeg

My brothers washing my dads “ Bond Bug “ ( i think that’s what it was called ) 1959/1960 .

IMG_5071.JPG.d88ab3efba920417f144eb164fc352a6.JPG

Me ? , i was still a twinkle in my fathers eye [emoji3]

EDIT: after a quick internet search it seems the car was a Bond Minicar ( the Bond Bug was on Talahtnut’s post )