Thousands of passengers stranded at Suvarnabhumi Airport after their tour agent fails to show up

webfact

5 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

As outlined above, you qualify for the inexpensive tour package to Japan if you buy the MLM products. The fact the tour package never existed is sort of a moot point. You were scammed in the sense you overpaid for the products, not in the eyes of most law enforcement agencies for the tour package to Japan. Since there was consideration(the products) you were simply overcharged and paid without duress. Not a crime. OO and God Bless You.

Thank You very much my dear Sir.

TiT :thumbsup:

Edited by Grovst
edit

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

The fact the tour package never existed is sort of a moot point. 

The fact the promised, paid for tour package/airline charters never existed for this week's group of victims is clear evidence of FRAUD, which is generally defined as deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain.  It''s not like the flights were canceled due to bad weather or mechanical problems. The charter flights were never booked with any airline, period. 

Perhaps you should consult with the Royal Thai Police, because even they are calling it fraud.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

15 hours ago, MadMuhummad said:

Would be an awful feeling. Whether people think it's dumb or not spare a thought for those that were caught out.
Scams catch people worldwide. Just think some of these people may not have total knowledge of the costs involved.
Now they're stuck far from home on probably the hardest time of the year to find accommodation or bus/train tickets.

Exactly. The lack of empathy by certain regular contributors on tv with the poor people of Thailand exploited by con merchants found in every country,  not just Thailand, always amazes me. They live in their gated moo  baans completely isolated from the reality of the real Thailand. 

2 hours ago, aslimversgwm said:

Exactly. The lack of empathy by certain regular contributors on tv with the poor people of Thailand exploited by con merchants found in every country,  not just Thailand, always amazes me. They live in their gated moo  baans completely isolated from the reality of the real Thailand. 

If you saw some of the "seafood" buffets the Chinese tourists are given as a part of their package you'd sing a different tune. The poor are always taken advantage of, it remains a fact of life. Get educated and don't fall for scams is my advice. God Bless Them and You. OO

9 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

BruceMangosteen supports rorters and scammers. Remember this in future posts

The discussion was about the criminal aspects. I have no use for scammers and rorters(thanks for the new word). Go back and look at what happened during the Atlanta Olympic Games. Scammers all over, rooms and jobs etc. and were never caught and that was in the U.S.A.. They won't do anything to them here in Thailand. The victims were poor people. God Bless You and OO.

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps you should consult with the Royal Thai Police, because even they are calling it fraud.

That's just for the publicity. Trust your instincts, will there be any criminal prosecution? No. Anyone naive enough to be duped in such a fashion certainly won't get support from the Police in a third world country such as Thailand. 

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

and also says that the authorities are planning to have the Anti Money Laundering agency seize whatever assets she has to use to begin to repay the victiims in the case.

That will be the day. In your example, if you accept the Pinto the remaining dispute is a civil matter, not criminal. But no worries mate, believe what you wish. Good luck. ps: You were right, it wasn't chicken on that Indian buffet. You ate it so that's that. 

53 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

That's just for the publicity. Trust your instincts, will there be any criminal prosecution? No. Anyone naive enough to be duped in such a fashion certainly won't get support from the Police in a third world country such as Thailand. 

Hi Bruce, I think you are not on the side on the fraudster Shogun. you are just questioning the justice system and if any justice will be done at all for the victims in this case.

Well the facts now are Shogun has already been arrested and are facing charges of frauds and Lese Majeste 112 as well. She has been refused bail because of the criminal charges. 

The team that was involved in the fraud as well are detain by the army and will be handed over to the police soon.

That is the progress of the case so far. 

Edited by Moonmoon

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

I think time will prove you wrong.

This woman will be prosecuted. The Nation had another article on the case last night wherein the police raised the prospect of prosecuting the scammer under LM because allegedly promises were made by the scammer that involved things royal related. So one way or another, she will face criminal charges.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312156

However, don't know if the victims will ever get much or any of their money back. That, consistent with your comments, would be the likely result here.

The Nation's subsequent article on the arrest of this scammer has some interesting background on her as well:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312176

Pasit, 31, was picked up by police in Ranong province after five of his relatives were detained for questioning. Pasit, whose original name was Sahachom Nakharit, changed her first and family names 10 times between 2000 and last September, according to a police source familiar with the investigation. 

Six criminal cases were filed against her including embezzlement and swindle over the past five years. She also faced three arrest warrants in 2012, 2015 and 2016. According to police, WealthEver’s office turned out to be a home address in Nakhon Sawan province, while its registered capital was only Bt2 million.

She apparently managed to get away from all the prior cases against here. But on this one, I suspect her luck has finally run out.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, spiderorchid said:

At least we will not have to see words of contempt from Bruce the Goose no more. His verbal outrage has left him looking very silly now that charges have been laid. 

She/He won't be convicted. You read it here first. Everything so far is for show. "where's the money"?

On 12/04/2017 at 1:47 PM, scorecard said:

But is it legit?

Any website to look at for curiosity?

I dont think that thaivisa will allow me to link to a business but if you google 'bangkok to japan tours' you'll find them.

The name of the company is 'HIS' (hopefully the mods will allow me to name it).