Power Consumption

skippybangkok

Daikin Urusara 7. aircon

claim

Power Consumption    W    430 (110-880)

Estimated Electricity Charge *    Baht/yr    3,816.15 based on 8 hour per day....

Thats like 300 baht per month .......  sounds too good to be true.

I have a built in system mainly use living room about 4 hours a day, and bedroom 8 hours = 6000 baht a month 

any experience 

I assume this is the 9,000 BTU version. If the room is about 15m2 then the figures work.

110-880W is a big range.

At 110W and 30% then its 963 units per year = 3,900 Baht per year.

At 880W and 30% then its 7,708 units per year = 31, 606 Baht per year.

Scary eh?

52 minutes ago, Crossy said:

At 110W and 30% then its 963 units per year = 3,900 Baht per year.

at 110W and 30% compressor usage the unit might be adequate to cool a doghouse. i'm talking of a doghouse for a small dog. do you agree Crossy? :smile:

The unit is question is an inverter, so variable power consumption from 110-880W.

Not sure how to work out the average power consumption other than use the same techniques as for a standard unit.

i.e 30% duty cycle at full power, 8 hours per day. Which comes out at 31,000 Baht per year (2,500 per month).

there are lies, goddàmn lies, statistics, the claims of marketing people :angry: and sometimes the fairy tales from TV-forum members (since we are running our new quiet inverter aircon the Mrs. demands more sex, the dogs stopped salivating and the PEA sends every month a refund of 2,000 Baht)   :cheesy:

7 hours ago, skippybangkok said:

lol - we generally set the air for 27 Deg C when we sleep + a fan , as assume it will be on the lower wattage side if not peak summer.

but definitely not 110W!

So the true facts come from My Wife .I pay extra for inverter.Result.Save lil bit ,,not much!!.Result from Sunday Beer Slurping Ferangs. My new inverters saved me thousands. Cheapest Air I ever bought here was a genuine American Carrier unit 8 hrs a day for 25 years . ☃️[emoji300]️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

yeah right, tell me about it :cheesy: lived 15 years in the U.S., built 2 homes for us and 2 for friends. matchtstick wooden roof structure, plywood and asphalt shingles to be replaced after 15 years, out side walls concrete blocks without any insulation available.

compare the afore-mentioned with my "crap" (Qcon blocks, steel roof structure and concrete tiles) in Thailand and weep!

pv1.JPG

pv2.JPG

pv3.JPG

Edited by Crossy
Quote of removed post deleted.

weird, mud slinging over Aircons, I guess we all can find something to fight over :)

anyway - thanks for your replies, currently looking at models for aircons, Daikin quite pricey

Agree with Naam about houses, in Oz they are wooden frame and quite flimsy compared to my house here. ( i.e. 18 meter piles, concrete frame, bricks etc 

20 hours ago, luudee said:

Useless for Air Conditioners here in Thailand, since so few are plug in, most are directly wired into the main junction box  

OK,  for small appliances or a refrigerator / freezer