Can you buy Corona Beer in Thailand?

doggie1955

Why would you want to drink Corona? No one drinks it in Mexico and certainly not with a slice of lemon - that's for Gringos. There are some excellent beers in Mexico but Corona is not one of them.

Why would you want to drink Corona? No one drinks it in Mexico and certainly not with a slice of lemon - that's for Gringos. There are some excellent beers in Mexico but Corona is not one of them.

Slice of lime, not lemon. I love Corona, as it reminds me of life in LA in the 1980s. Shame it's so expensive here.

3 hours ago, bra said:

It's considered hip to drink shitty Mexican beer in BKK...

I saw it in a Thai move once, 555 ?

Edited by SiSePuede419

3 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

I am cooking a lot of Mexican food for  Cinco De Mayo and I what Corona beer...and I made some Makgeolli with Tequila.

As Ulic suggested replace it with San Miquel Light with a slice of lime, same thing at around 1/3 of the price.

Corona here in Thailand doesn't taste the same as back in Oz for some apparent reason and is 3 times the price here for a box.

San Miquel Light or nothing for me.

I like corona, easy to drink, great on a hot day. 

I also like San Miguel Light, but for a long time I was drinking it thinking it was low alcohol not low calorie. A lot of unexplained hangovers, lol

Tops supermarket also (often) sells these, Coronita's mini coronas 200ml. I cant really see the point, its the same beer in a smaller bottle. Some marketing guy had to use up his budget, lol

Coronita Beer 210mL

Edited by Peterw42

I love Corona too, and it aint cheap, my wife bought me some from Tops, and I told her she shouldnt have spent the extra. as others have suggested, San Miguel light tastes very similar or Tiger light with lime

Edited by brianj1964

I remember when Corona and the lime appeared in California in the 70s and I made it as a marketing trick on gringos...never saw no mexicans drinkin' it, they preferred bud tall boys...

not to say that I'm puttin' down the OP's brew, everyone's got their own taste...some folks even like chang and singha...

double gilbeys with soda and a splash (tend towards bottled naam manao these days), please...

Everyone is wasting their time drinking anything but locally made beers. Why? The shelf life on most beers is three months, maximum six. After that, most of the flavour components have degraded.That bottle of Corona or anything else imported has undergone the rigours of getting to Thailand from its place of origin, then probably has been sitting on a supermarket shelf for anything up to a year because it's more costly.

IMHO there's nothing wrong with the local beer - my personal preference is Leo.

11 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

Everyone is wasting their time drinking anything but locally made beers. Why? The shelf life on most beers is three months, maximum six. After that, most of the flavour components have degraded.That bottle of Corona or anything else imported has undergone the rigours of getting to Thailand from its place of origin, then probably has been sitting on a supermarket shelf for anything up to a year because it's more costly.

IMHO there's nothing wrong with the local beer - my personal preference is Leo.

Might as well drink water

Corona?  Really?  It was rated the worst tasting beer in a recent survey.  Three out of 10 stars; forgot the source however.  Like they say, advertising sells.  Tastes like perfume to me.  In California, only women drink Corona.  Perhaps they like the presentation, the bottle's neck is fully salted and a slice of lime added.