What do you do at Songkran? (Survey)

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played  in Pattaya  had a great time no hassle well except for a few Farang who get all wound up when they walked past the bar I was in and got some water on them grumpy sods. News flash Songkran you will get wet especially walking down soi 7 fools.Was glad to see the police out and about taking those silly blue dangerous pipes of people. Bring on next year

Did it once in Pattaya circa 2005. Hated it.  For an entire week can't walk to the mall, the store, ride a baht bus without getting soaked and filthy.  Get off the baht bus at the mall and you are soaked.  Ridiculous.  So I went out at night, slept in late, lounged around the pool and adjusted my hours.  Not something I wanted to do having flown 1/2 way around the world.  My time should be my time when on holiday.  Anyway,  for the last dozen years I have managed to get to the local Wat Thai or Wat Laos in San Diego for the festivities.  Sadly last weekend here in Melbourne, Fl I couldn't go to the nice outdoor Wat Thai complex because I had to go to a family Easter.