Will Songkran finish today?

ianf

Likely a troll post.

But 2400+ posts by you would indicate that you've been here for at least a couple of Songkrans and should by now know the answer. But just in case....No, the celebrations probably won't be finished until Tuesday when the Govenrment Offices re-open  (oh and why do you have to call the those enjoying and celebrating the Songkran Festival in their (now) traditional way, idiots)? Don't be so selfish, you have 361 other days when you can be a nuisance on the roads.

Regards,

Joe

Edited by Shoeless Joe

56 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Likely a troll post.

But 2400+ posts by you would indicate that you've been here for at least a couple of Songkrans and should by now know the answer. But just in case....No, the celebrations probably won't be finished until Tuesday when the Govenrment Offices re-open  (oh and why do you have to call the those enjoying and celebrating the Songkran Festival in their (now) traditional way, idiots)? Don't be so selfish, you have 361 other days when you can be a nuisance on the roads.

Regards,

Joe

I like to communicate with people who have some intelligence and the social ability to respond to posts in a polite manner.

1 hour ago, ianf said:

Will they all be finished today, Saturday. Or are we expecting the idiots to be out on the roads on Sunday? I want to go cycling without being subject to their dangerous games.

By your use of the word "idiots" you just joined some very none polite and elit company.:post-4641-1156694572:

1 hour ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Likely a troll post.

Regards,

Joe

Why such an abusive response to a perfectly innocent question ? There's only one troll around here and that is you.

You suggest cyclists are a nuisance on the roads but at least they don't run over innocent dogs and cats simply trying to cross over although to someone with your mentality you probably don't care about anyone other than yourself- jerk:bah:

I went for a ride today. Through the city at midday to the 700 year stadium only came across one person throwing water and they missed me. I was off-road to maerim from there and back to the 700. From the 700 to Tanin market I was splashed twice which revived me a bit tbh even though it's quite cool for April.

If you keep away from the peak songkran areas I doubt you will get much water thrown at you and if you do It will feel nice as you continue on.

Cycling past the convention centre on the way back I heard a bang and saw a "puff of smoke" . I thought it was fire crackers but no it was a pickup that had driven down a straight road and through the perimeter wall !?!  A very Thai accident. Possibly someone learning to drive within the convention centre car park area but who knows? This is the real danger which runs 24h 365 days of the year not some kid with a squirty gun.

3 hours ago, midas said:

Why such an abusive response to a perfectly innocent question ? There's only one troll around here and that is you.

You suggest cyclists are a nuisance on the roads but at least they don't run over innocent dogs and cats simply trying to cross over although to someone with your mentality you probably don't care about anyone other than yourself- jerk:bah:

It wasn't me who called people "idiots"....

From the OP:

Will they all be finished today, Saturday. Or are we expecting the idiots to be out on the roads on Sunday?

It is perfectly acceptable to report on events and give opinions, it is not acceptable to post in a manner in which to bash any specific country. 

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

//Closed//