Denied entry into Laos because of passport 6 month validity, Now overstaying and overstay fee racking up, must get flight home

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

(source http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req)

If you have evidence that Operations Order No. SBM-2015-026 has been superceded, please point to your source.

"Pursuant to Operations Order No. SBM-2015-026, nationals of the following countries may be admitted into the Philippines with passports of less than six (6) months validity from date of arrival:"

It is just in the wording but it still says "may be admitted" not they are exempt explicitely.

I did write that ministries can write guidelines that are meant to relax the validity rule on passports and that is what it is.

But requirement is still 6-months validity. It is even stated on the page you quote. And all the pages I listed are official sources.

16 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

There is no such thing as an exempt from any validity rule.

Like every country, Immigration has to deal with these situations as per guidelines from their respective ministries and/or police orders. It is not because it is written in the law they have to enforce it strictly, they can relax the rules through written guidelines and have the immigration officers use their own good judgement.

http://www.philembassy.be/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=298&Itemid=223

Guidelines on the Entry of Temporary Visitors to the Philippines

Nationals from countries listed below who are travelling to the Philippines for business or tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding thirty (30) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay.

https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/visainformation

It is not because it is not written in stone that they can not be flexible.  But it doesn't mean people are by default exempt. Heck even a valid visa does not garantuee entry into any country. They still can boot your ass out of the country.

I would recommend you speak of what you know or at least do research. I am speaking from personal experience and research both.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req

10. Who are exempt from the “six-month passport validity” rule?

Philippine passport holders;

Former Filipinos and their dependents (immediate family members);

Permanent residents and holders of other special visa categories requiring temporary residents (with valid ACR I-Cards);

Passports of recognized foreign-government officials;

Visa under CA 613, Sec. 9, except Sec.  9(a), and 47(a)(2)  where visa validity extends beyond passport expiration date, provided, an embassy or consulate is maintained in the Philippines;

Those admitted by the Commissioner on humanitarian grounds; and

Pursuant to Operations Order No. SBM-2015-026, nationals of the following countries may be admitted into the Philippines with passports of less than six (6) months validity from date of arrival:

1. Angola                                    22. Korea

2. Argentina                                23. Kuwait

3. Australia                                 24. Laos

4. Austria                                   25. Mexico

5. Belgium                                  26. Myanmar

6. Benin                                     27. Netherlands

7. Brazil                                     28. New Zealand

8. Cambodia                               29. Niger

9. Canada                                  30. Papua New Guinea

10. Chile                                    31. Peru

11. Cyprus                                 32. Portugal

12. Ecuador                                33. Romania

13. France                                  34. Saudi Arabia

14. Germany                              35. Singapore

15. Greece                                 36. Spain

16. Iceland                                 37. Switzerland

17. Indonesia                             38. Thailand

18. Ireland                                 39. Turkey

19. Israel                                   40. United States of America

20. Italy                                     41. Venezuela

21. Japan

****As a side note it would seem you have already been provided with this information including the directive involved you are still arguing against it. 

As i said i said, you have been shown the directive and experienced the exemption personally.  It is policy. 

Edited by HooHaa

56 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

I would recommend you speak of what you know or at least do research. I am speaking from personal experience and research both.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/travel-req

10. Who are exempt from the “six-month passport validity” rule?

Philippine passport holders;

Former Filipinos and their dependents (immediate family members);

Permanent residents and holders of other special visa categories requiring temporary residents (with valid ACR I-Cards);

Passports of recognized foreign-government officials;

Visa under CA 613, Sec. 9, except Sec.  9(a), and 47(a)(2)  where visa validity extends beyond passport expiration date, provided, an embassy or consulate is maintained in the Philippines;

Those admitted by the Commissioner on humanitarian grounds; and

Pursuant to Operations Order No. SBM-2015-026, nationals of the following countries may be admitted into the Philippines with passports of less than six (6) months validity from date of arrival:

1. Angola                                    22. Korea

2. Argentina                                23. Kuwait

3. Australia                                 24. Laos

4. Austria                                   25. Mexico

5. Belgium                                  26. Myanmar

6. Benin                                     27. Netherlands

7. Brazil                                     28. New Zealand

8. Cambodia                               29. Niger

9. Canada                                  30. Papua New Guinea

10. Chile                                    31. Peru

11. Cyprus                                 32. Portugal

12. Ecuador                                33. Romania

13. France                                  34. Saudi Arabia

14. Germany                              35. Singapore

15. Greece                                 36. Spain

16. Iceland                                 37. Switzerland

17. Indonesia                             38. Thailand

18. Ireland                                 39. Turkey

19. Israel                                   40. United States of America

20. Italy                                     41. Venezuela

21. Japan

****As a side note it would seem you have already been provided with this information including the directive involved you are still arguing against it. 

As i said i said, you have been shown the directive and experienced the exemption personally.  It is policy. 

1 - They are not exempt, rather permitted to enter.

2 - The exempt is not explicit for the mentioned nationalities but a circular from the department of Justice, which is as much as just a minister saying  
      that it should not be enforced. Hence why they use the wording "may be admitted".

The order even says that foreigners from those countries can be permitted to enter as long as their embassy is authorized to renew or extend
the validity of their passports or travel documents. If the embassy is not authorized, that foreigner will not be admitted.

So you don't even need a passport that is valid for the duration of you stay to enter. 

https://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/OPERATIONSORDER/AUG2015/OOSBM2015-026.pdf

But most important : They still can deny you to enter.

Edited by Bastos60

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

I have said it on another topic as well, people travelling to any country need to check with local embassies for the requirements of travel. 

That is the only thing that is important. Nothing else. So if they have a circular out where they give a set of rules which allow people not meeting those 
requirments to enter, those directives can change at any moment, may it be that countries are added to that list or removed from that list, or that additional 
requirement need to be met to be allowed to enter.

The only correct travel advise is, get your passport renewed before you travel.
This directive is in particular interesting for ex-pats staying in SEA that need to renew their passports, not for cheap charlies that like to live on the edge.

11 minutes ago, somtommike said:

Go to your embassy and say you lost your passport and get a new one while you are staying in Thailand.

No need to say you lost it. Just request a new one. Most countries have no complaints as long a you willing to pay for a new one.

You have do a police report for a lost or stolen passport. What you suggest would be fraud.

22 minutes ago, TG2026 said:

If a person already overstay, will their embassy still give them a new passport when requested? Will they report this person to the Thai immigration?

Your country will issue you a new passport on request without reference to any crimes you may have committed in another country.  If there are outstanding legals issues in home country, they may want to issue you only an emergency travel document to return home to face the music. They will not report you to immigration for overstay.

On 16.4.2017 at 10:39 AM, lemonjelly said:

I'd sugar on down to Malaysia, 90 days visa at land border, apply for new PP by post from there.... that's what I did a few years ago... worth checking to see if it's still possible 

Not possible, Malaysia requires validity of passport for 6 months when entering the country.

4 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

The OP posted on April 16th.

I'm sure he has solved his dilemma by now.

Has he reported back?

Yes he has. He got a new passport here and resolved his problems.

Since this topic keeps getting bumped up for no reason it is now :mfr_closed1: