Chang Wattana Open on Monday or Tuesday?

Hi all,

I've been around long enough to know better but I got caught out by the Songkran holidays/immigration opening days. I'm a UK passport on a 60 day tourist visa and was hoping to extend for another 30 days. Visa expires on 17th (tomorrow). What I'm looking for advice on is: 

1. Can anyone here confirm that it's actually closed tomorrow and if it will be open on Tuesday? 
2. Is it still fairly ok to overstay by a day? 

3. Given the circumstances, do you think immigration might be more sympathetic (maybe even let me off with the fine)? 

Thanks! 

1. Closed tomorrow and open on Tuesday.

2/3. Since immigration will be closed on the day your permit to to stay ends you will not be charged a overstay fine if you go on Tuesday to apply for the extension. After Tuesday you would be fined for every day of overstay at 500 baht per day.

Hi I'm in a similar situation. 'can't believe I missed it. It was on my calendar, phone etc. but it notified me too late. oops. My 90 day period ended on the 10th, April. 7 days grace would be monday. My question is this: I usually go to the Lat Phrao Big C location. But I haven't been able to find their hours either. Does anyone know if I can go there and will I be fined since Tuesday is actually 8 days over? Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks. 

8 hours ago, rcoyote said:

Hi I'm in a similar situation. 'can't believe I missed it. It was on my calendar, phone etc. but it notified me too late. oops. My 90 day period ended on the 10th, April. 7 days grace would be monday. My question is this: I usually go to the Lat Phrao Big C location. But I haven't been able to find their hours either. Does anyone know if I can go there and will I be fined since Tuesday is actually 8 days over? Any suggestions would be helpful. thanks. 

Actually the 7 days ended on Sunday. They include the report date in the 7 days when they count them.

You could try at Ladprao on Tuesday but be prepared to pay a 2000 baht fine.

They are open 10:30 to 18:30. 

Not to be critical, but you knew Songkran holidays were coming and you CAN  do a 30 day extension on your 60 day SETV early.

There is no need to wait to the last possible day, normally any day within a week of your last day will do.

And the 30 day extension will always begin on the day after your 60 day expiration day not 30 days from the day you actually extend  so going a few days early loses you no extension time.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
added a coment

I ended up paying the fine. Guy in front of my had the same issue and was having a hard time getting that he f'd up. They actually opened up another window for him since he locked down all 3 Immigration workers trying to make him understand he had to pay up. They were ecstatic when I paid immediately and then told the guy to pay for his lesson and not do it again. Thanks for the input everyone... It actually helped to know I likely wasn't going to win on this one. It won't ever happen again.. At least this screw up.