I have the solution

starky

Seems to be a lot of outraged falangs on here particularly over road rules and law enforcement. Well instead of your impotent ramblings on here I believe you should become proactive.

Obviously you need to organise so perhaps a Facebook page or a separate sub- forum on TV where you can all connect. You would start small of course petitioning the Government and your local officials in writing (in Thai Please)  about your many grievances. You could then start your media campaign, because I'm sure no amount of time or money would be a factor in these things you are so passionate about.

Next the rallies and protests begin. Get down to your local police station demand to see the commanding officer and vent like you do here. Tell that <deleted> what a bunch of lazy good for nothing pillocks his officers and the RTP all are and why don't they enforce the laws they swore to uphold. Start picketing. March on parliament, street protests, action days, you get the idea.

For those of you out wide and up North get down to your Weekly/ Monthly meetings in the mooban. If you don't speak Thai thats ok  bring wifey along she will be very proud and gain much face. Let the pooyai and those stupid <deleted> in the village know. Tell em to stop letting kids ride motorcycles and riding in the back of pick-ups. Tell em to start wearing helmets and riding only on the correct side of the road. Do a power point presentation, get round to the schools.

You can make a difference! Get out there in public and be vocal about Thais and what you really think about them. Obviously this is only the tip of the iceberg and there will be many more things you will be able to rectify and accomplish once you get the ball rolling. Just think cracks in the pavement, potholes, dual pricing maybe even Songkran itself all gone. Surely then you will be happy and your sense of accomplishment will be overwhelming. I imagine the awards, acclaim and praise Thai people will bestow on you will be overwhelming . I wish you all the best of luck. Cheers.

2 hours ago, jerojero said:

Excellent! When are you commencing your solution? Or instead of leading, are you content in just telling us what to do.

I have no interest in investing effort in endeavours over which I have zero control. Personally I couldnt sit idly by if I was so angered by certain things.I am only offering suggestions to those who so vehemently oppose so many things in Thailand. Cheers.

9 minutes ago, starky said:

I have no interest in investing effort in endeavours over which I have zero control. Personally I couldnt sit idly by if I was so angered by certain things.I am only offering suggestions to those who so vehemently oppose so many things in Thailand. Cheers.

"I have no interest in investing effort in endeavours over which I have zero control  "

Yet you invest effort in this endeavor 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

"I have no interest in investing effort in endeavours over which I have zero control  "

Yet you invest effort in this endeavor 

What? Posting on a forum? Not exactly a massive endeavour champ. Invested all of 4 minutes in it. Just an amusing way to pass the morning. Throw out a few baits see who bites...Then we can wait till next Songkran and the one after and be outraged at the road toll all over again.

2 hours ago, starky said:

I am only offering suggestions to those who so vehemently oppose so many things in Thailand.

It may not be a totally bad thing to vehemently oppose the senseless deaths of thousands a year on Thailand's roads, but I also agree with you that we have zero control over getting the situation improved. It is like an alcoholic there is really nothing anyone can do until they hit rock bottom and they decide that changes need to be made, until then nothing you say will effect how they drink. I am waiting patiently for that Facebook page to pop up and cannot wait for the letter writing campaign (sarcasm).

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

It may not be a totally bad thing to vehemently oppose the senseless deaths of thousands a year on Thailand's roads, but I also agree with you that we have zero control over getting the situation improved. It is like an alcoholic there is really nothing anyone can do until they hit rock bottom and they decide that changes need to be made, until then nothing you say will effect how they drink. I am waiting patiently for that Facebook page to pop up and cannot wait for the letter writing campaign (sarcasm).

Spot on. The Thais (hopefully) will realise eventually that all these senseless tragic deaths are needless. Sooner rather than later would be good.

Good one OP/Starky.  You've made some good suggestions, but I doubt any of these "outraged farangs" will do anything constructive.  Because you see, these complainers/whiners/whingers on TV are not only lazy, but are inherently cowards.  All they can do is attack the Thais anonymously on a web forum.  You put these Thai-bashers in front of a real person and they'll wet their panties in short order. 

many farangs whinge and complain about many things in thailand including the way it's run.

If they don't like the place then why stay here ? why not live in a place that your happy with the rules and the government. ?

Thailand is fine,  it has alot to offer including the freedom to travel anywhere.

Ok,   one does have to jump through some hoops at times, but generally ....  if you just smile and be polite your day will be fine.

13 hours ago, starky said:

I imagine the awards, acclaim and praise Thai people will bestow on you will be overwhelming . I wish you all the best of luck. Cheers.

Yeah l'm sure they Doctor starky.  :biggrin:

post-87530-0-69743200-1461032786.jpg.4986c82eba55162d345126f12f66918e.jpg

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Good one OP/inarky.  You've made some good  suggestions, but I doubt any of these "outraged farangs" will do anything constructive.  Because you see, th ese complainers/whiners/whingers on TV are not only lazy, but are inherently cowards.  All they can do is attack the Thais anonymously on a web forum.  You put these Thai-bashers in front of a real person and they'll wet their panties in short order. 

Hmmm...I have critized thai organizations IN person about their cultural flaws.....silence ....was their response.....no wet panties mate....at least on my side.

Plenty of thais are the cowards In this beautiful land.

4 hours ago, benalibina said:

Hmmm...I have critized thai organizations IN person about their cultural flaws.....silence ....was their response.....no wet panties mate....at least on my side.

Plenty of thais are the cowards In this beautiful land.

While commendable, what you've done, a tad off-topic.  I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about farangs who complain endlessly about Thai driving habits while doing absolutely nothing to actually fix what they consider life-threatening problems. 

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

While commendable, what you've done, a tad off-topic.  I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about farangs who complain endlessly about Thai driving habits while doing absolutely nothing to actually fix what they consider life-threatening problems. 

My son of nearly 11 complained to me Initially why I jek jek and blow the horn too much whilst driving mbike In this beautiful land. Part of his faulty conditioning ofcourse. After I explained to him my reasons why.....silence since then. U see....on a small scale I have contributed to the awareness of future generation overhere.

2 hours ago, benalibina said:

My son of nearly 11 complained to me Initially why I jek jek and blow the horn too much whilst driving mbike In this beautiful land. Part of his faulty conditioning ofcourse. After I explained to him my reasons why.....silence since then. U see....on a small scale I have contributed to the awareness of future generation overhere.

And that's all you can do. Thais will change or they will not but you can still be a positive influence on your friends, children and family and hopefully that rubs off and gets passed along. Help to make them understand that a safety culture isn't about wearing a helmet or you get fined but it's about getting you home safe to the ones you love everyday. Unfortunately to have a good strong working safety culture you need education (sadly lacking here) and a belief that this life is the most important one you've got. Not mai ba lai next life will be better and what number that license plate from accident I need make lottery :saai:

There are actions that can be taken, in the less proactive sense. A few examples, never rent a motorbike that is not in roadworthy condition and without helmet /safety features provided, Of course the most obvious one is simply refuse to visit any dual price attractions or use dual price transport. Don't buy anything from anyone who is overcharging you because of your skin colour. Don't accept lousy / can't be bothered service in shops / restaurants, don't visit them again,  send the food back if it is not what you clearly ordered rather than concern yourself about staff losing face. If all expats and tourists did this the message would eventually get through. The real problem is too many accepting the unacceptable because it is 'The Thai Way'  Sometimes expats and visitors are their own worse  enemy, especially those who support being discriminated against by Thais.

But eventually when you have had enough do as so many here tell you 'walk and go somewhere else'.

On 4/17/2017 at 6:10 AM, starky said:

What? Posting on a forum? Not exactly a massive endeavour champ. Invested all of 4 minutes in it. Just an amusing way to pass the morning. Throw out a few baits see who bites...Then we can wait till next Songkran and the one after and be outraged at the road toll all over again.

Throw out a few baits see who bites...

As far as I know that is called trolling. Back under your bridge Starky. :smile:

50 minutes ago, Slip said:

Throw out a few baits see who bites...

As far as I know that is called trolling. Back under your bridge Starky. :smile:

Let's call it a semi troll. It is a serious topic but I think that the people on here who constantly whinge about everything Thai just have nowhere else to vent. If push came to shove they would do nothing. Nothing wrong with venting of course but it solves nothing achieves nothing and on an anonymous forum means nothing ;)

Isnt it against the law for foreigners to be involed in Thai politics or protests?

Can't do or change anything here, cant even vote.

Makes me wonder why you would get bent out of shape over anything Thais do..u

Its as if this government is actually pushing for an uprising, so many sectors of the public they must have upset so far

It reminds me a certain western country, where a former prem (in a small amount of time) succeeded in phissing off absolutely every sector of the public,except for the rich of course.
Promised the earth in pre-election but when elected, went on to break all the promises and introduced policies that resulted in average workers entitlements being stripped.

They make these decisions with no thought of the people they put out of work.
People who were already struggling.

It would be one thing if they offered help or alternatives but dont seem to do either.

You can only mess with Thai peoples rice bowl for so long.
This last month has just been a complete show of arrogance from certain rich folks. First the pickup thing and now this.

Sadly, i feel a certain group will bring together these disenfranchised groups whom have been stripped of their livelihoods.
The pot will be stirred and it will be on again, even more ugly than last time.
Hope im than wrong though.

Up to them, you can always vote with your feet,

or an airplane ticket

On 4/16/2017 at 7:10 PM, starky said:

Ahhh, I see  you are only interesting investing in endeavors over which you have zero control  that require little effort like complaining in a forum

So much unlike our complaining in this forum. What a bunch of A-holes we must be.

On 19/04/2017 at 3:20 AM, starky said:

Let's call it a semi troll. It is a serious topic but I think that the people on here who constantly whinge about everything Thai just have nowhere else to vent. If push came to shove they would do nothing. Nothing wrong with venting of course but it solves nothing achieves nothing and on an anonymous forum means nothing ;)

Total nonsense. It reinforces the need to be more vigilant when driving and it provides users with a place to empathise with one another. Your actions of taking the topic and creating a topic are far more senseless given you are not being forced to read anything!

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

Total nonsense. It reinforces the need to be more vigilant when driving and it provides users with a place to empathise with one another. Your actions of taking the topic and creating a topic are far more senseless given you are not being forced to read anything!

Yes because Thais have a tendency towards vigilance and there's nothing like the empathy you feel towards a total stranger on a anonymous forum. 

4 minutes ago, starky said:

Yes because Thais have a tendency towards vigilance and there's nothing like the empathy you feel towards a total stranger on a anonymous forum. 

Eh? The people complaining are the ones who can be more vigilant and their venting reinforces that fact and makes them potentially more safer on the roads. Empathy means the ability to understand and relate to feelings of another. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Eh? The people complaining are the ones who can be more vigilant and their venting reinforces that fact and makes them potentially more safer on the roads. Empathy means the ability to understand and relate to feelings of another. 

Of course you should look after your own well being but venting on here doesn't make you a better or more vigilant driver and beating your chest and pulling your hair out over Thai behaviour on the roads isn't going to make them any better either. Catch and kill your own mate make sure you and yours are safe, that's it.

9 minutes ago, starky said:

Of course you should look after your own well being but venting on here doesn't make you a better or more vigilant driver and beating your chest and pulling your hair out over Thai behaviour on the roads isn't going to make them any better either. Catch and kill your own mate make sure you and yours are safe, that's it.

Complaining about the people complaining is a touch sadder tho mate. I mean they complained about the roads you complained about them Complaining about the roads and now I'm complaining about you complaining about them complaining about the roads.  Could go on forever...

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Complaining about the people complaining is a touch sadder tho mate. I mean they complained about the roads you complained about them Complaining about the roads and now I'm complaining about you complaining about them complaining about the roads.  Could go on forever...

True mate very true, can't argue with that. All the best.

Archived