Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, marinediscoking said:

This is how my thai staff explained what happened also. The occupants in the car are Russian. No mention of victim's nationally. 

Russians shoot first and no more questions needed.  Nastrovie. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, stravers said:

Any video link please?

NOTE TO VIDEO UPLOADERS:

For those of us that don't care to help the multiple 3-letter agencies build surveillance files on us , video posts on Facebook require a Facebook account to view.

Personally I don't want to make that tradeoff just to see some video. Call me old-fashioned but I value my privacy and liberty.

Nuff said to those who still care about such trivial things.

I know a guy that suffers similar "road rage" like fatboy.

the red mist descended on a rural country road one day and he chased down and stopped the offending vehicle, walked up to the car to confront the driver on the error of his ways and then a pistol pointed at him out the window.

5 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

NOTE TO VIDEO UPLOADERS:

For those of us that don't care to help the multiple 3-letter agencies build surveillance files on us , video posts on Facebook require a Facebook account to view.

Personally I don't want to make that tradeoff just to see some video. Call me old-fashioned but I value my privacy and liberty.

Nuff said to those who still care about such trivial things.

Nuff said, but you're wrong.

You don't need a FB account to watch the FB video posted in the OP or elsewhere

14 hours ago, Spaniel said:

No matter what the guy that was beat up said or did he certainly didn't deserve the beating he got.      

When the big guy got out of the car you know the little guy was in trouble. Being a small guy all my life you learn to stay away from trouble. Big guys swing small guys run. 

Why did the guy mouth off at the passenger? Have a go, if you must, at the driver. A really bad call. But he didn't deserve the "beating" he got. The car is identified, if the driver or owner cannot give up the passenger then they can pay the fine and compensatory medical costs. But will we ever know - it is only two farang.

Interesting that the motorbike taxi drivers try to intervene, doesnt fit the usual racist narrative here on TV where the story usually is that the thais gang up on foreigners. 

The "victim" had a Thai partner with him and a Thai child.
Would of been interesting to see if their reaction would of been the same if it was a Thai person driving the car.
You can only judge why you see and the majority in this case acted well.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

27 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Why did the guy mouth off at the passenger? Have a go, if you must, at the driver. A really bad call. But he didn't deserve the "beating" he got. The car is identified, if the driver or owner cannot give up the passenger then they can pay the fine and compensatory medical costs. But will we ever know - it is only two farang.

He was probably from a country where cars have steering wheels on the left side and thought he was talking to the driver. 

15 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Hope they get the guy in the white t-shirt, who had nothing to do with the wwhole affair, for damaging the car.

I hope they don't.  Personally I find the driver's actions completely indefensible.  I hope he ends up in a Thai jail and gets a warm welcome there.  

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Shocking road rage footage shows the moment a western man floors another westerner

It's a commonly occurring farang cultural thing. Hardly shocking. Most likely involved a perceived loss of face.

2 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I hope they don't.  Personally I find the driver's actions completely indefensible.  I hope he ends up in a Thai jail and gets a warm welcome there.  

I think you have it a bit off.    The "big guy" who beat up the "old guy"   was a passenger in the car, not the driver.      I agree, he should end up in jail.

Just now, Spaniel said:

I think you have it a bit off.    The "big guy" who beat up the "old guy"   was a passenger in the car, not the driver.      I agree, he should end up in jail.

You're right, I was mistaken.  I come from a country where the driver sits on the left side.  Thanks for the correction.  

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The "victim" had a Thai partner with him and a Thai child.
Would of been interesting to see if their reaction would of been the same if it was a Thai person driving the car.
You can only judge why you see and the majority in this case acted well.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Did you notice that in the video, his Thai partner

was very slow going over to him,  she first went over to the

car where the Thai guys were for what ?  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was also a Falang guy that helped the guy on the floor first.

Just saying

28 minutes ago, hobz said:

Interesting that the motorbike taxi drivers try to intervene, doesnt fit the usual racist narrative here on TV where the story usually is that the thais gang up on foreigners. 

Maybe regardless of race and ethnicity, older, fatter and generally outta shape guys tend to stick up for any other older, fatter and totally outta shape guys?

Nuff said, but you're wrong.

You don't need a FB account to watch the FB video posted in the OP or elsewhere

Ok. Maybe I'm wrong but when I click the link it takes me fb login and there is a notice that login is required. I just took them at their word.
Please enlighten me how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

No water throwing at moving vehicles or within 15m of the public highway does it for me. Failure to address this each year beggars belief.

Actually, the police in Thailand has never been able to address or enforce anything ever. Specially the Traffic police.

I am amazed and a little disturbed at some of the comments here defending the car passenger. Ok we don't know what was said but it is very clear this was a completely unjustified and unnecessary assault. That is all that matters.

Likewise i am not one of those defenders of everything Thai but the moto cycle drivers put themselves at risk and did a good job and should be praised for it. Yet, what we have here are some saying, they only did it because he had a Thai wife, wouldn't have been the same if it was a Thai etc. So even when the Thais act bravely and properly (apart of course from the one kicking the car) they are criticised. I really hope the passenger was arrested as was the clearly the intention of the Thais who helped out.

7 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

It certainly was not a fist fight, it was an aggressive assault by a big young guy on a small elderley man. Yet another defender of the indefensible

7 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

It certainly was not a fist fight, it was an aggressive assault by a big young guy on a small elderley man. Yet another defender of the indefensible

Wait a minute!    I agree with your post but I  think calling the "old guy" elderly is a bit of a stretch .     My own definition of elderly would be at least 75.     My guess is he hasn't reached 60 yet, not young but hardly elderly.

2 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Wait a minute!    I agree with your post but I  think calling the "old guy" elderly is a bit of a stretch .     My own definition of elderly would be at least 75.     My guess is he hasn't reached 60 yet, not young but hardly elderly.

Yes and other posters should not call the guy fat or short

it should be the guy that is Height and weight challenged !!!!!!!!!  :giggle:

The problems are those alpha males (assuming he did not follow the rules). Women love them because of their size and they feel they can use their size to bully anyone. Who had more balls here? Who was the true alpha male? Even if the smaller, the beta, and older guy is in the wrong, he actually went to the car and SPOKE to the guy. Maybe he insulted him verbally. If the younger guy did something wrong (and we don't know the full story), he should have apologized and that would have de-escalate the whole matter. But, he is young. He might not be well-educated or smart enough to know how to drive and to respect other people (alpha males like their female counterparts believe the world owes them something). They think they are smarter and better than others because they get looks and attention. Assuming the alpha males was in the wrong, he sure acted as one at the end. These guys talk about themselves and their stories. They are almost never interested in others, which makes everyone else look dumb or uninteresting. The trouble is that once one becomes an alpha male, it is hard for others to make them normal again. These are the guys who start wars. Tell them politely to tone it down. I think the punishment for these guys should be to throw them in the forest for a week and see if they like being the beta male or female for a week.

Of course, it is possible that the younger and older guy is an alpha male too, but he did not use force. Words can be violent though. Remember Zidane in the final of that world cup final against the Italian? Words triggered it.

12 minutes ago, Slotman said:

Big dood should be arrested & should compensate the older dood, who did not instigate fisticuffs.

Bully.......end of!

Nah

The old guy stepped up to the plate and challenged him.

That most likely will result in fisticuffs in Thailand.

he new full well what he was doing :thumbsup:

Archived