Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

screenshot.png

PATTAYA:-- Shocking road rage footage shows the moment a western man floors another westerner with a single punch in a broad daylight attack.

The incident which is believed to have taken place in Pattaya was uploaded to a popular local Facebook page.

Based on the footage it is unclear who, if anyone, was at fault.

The victim in the incident can be seen approaching a black Toyota car.

The man the begins remonstrating with the front seat passenger who gets out of the vehicle. 

As the men continue to argue the victim appears to swing a punch at the passenger who then proceeds to throw two punches of his own - one knocking the other man out cold.

As he lays unconscious at the side of the road, people, presumably the man’s family rush to his aid. 

A young girl, perhaps no older than 5 years old and clearly traumatized by the incident can be heard screaming. As the man is helped back to his feet, a large wound can be seen across his forehead.

Meanwhile, a group of motorcycle taxi drivers block the vehicle from driving off.

The footage was uploaded to Facebook on Monday afternoon, although it is not immediately clear when the incident took place or if the police are aware of the assault.

We’ll bring you more information once we get it.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-17

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "victim" didn't "swing a punch". It looks like he slapped the top of the car door which p***** off the big guy.  They gave each other a shove then the big guy nailed the "victim" with a punch, missed with 2 more then connected with third one which sent the other guy to the ground.

Not sure what to make of this

looks like plonkers on the road.

The guy went up to car to give it some.

mouthed off,  hit the top of the car door

then the guy in the car,  got out and gave him a kicking.

two stupid idiots i would say.

Also idiot Thai  guy kicking the car,  what's it got to do

with him, to warrant him attempting to escalate the situation  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps This would not have happened if they had all been in the happy zone !!!!!!!! :coffee1:

1 minute ago, darksidedog said:

I didn't see the old fella throw anything other than words. Real brave to hit someone smaller and older, who was probably complaining about the driving.

So, No! he should not have thrown punches. He was NOT defending himself. He was assaulting someone.

May be you should try to watch the video again, this time with your glasses on.

But I help you a little.

30 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The "victim" didn't "swing a punch". It looks like he slapped the top of the car door which p***** off the big guy.

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I didn't see the old fella throw anything other than words. Real brave to hit someone smaller and older, who was probably complaining about the driving.

So, No! he should not have thrown punches. He was NOT defending himself. He was assaulting someone.

He had a swing, whether at the car or the person is beside the point. Don't escalate a verbal argument with violence/the threat of violence unless you're prepared to back it up.

A bit of a scratch where the guy fell but no serious amount of blood. Sensationalist journalism (?) trying to make a lot out of not very much. The Thais need to keep out of it; blocking the road off and behaving like bad extras in a Thai soap.

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

May be you should try to watch the video again, this time with your glasses on.

But I help you a little.

Watched it again three times. The old fella gesticulates but I don't see him throw a punch. So I stand by my comment. The younger bigger fella assaulted him.

Hope he enjoys prison.

4 minutes ago, MadMuhummad said:

Don't escalate a verbal argument with violence/the threat of violence unless you're prepared to back it up.

Actually in the real world you never (NO NEVER) pull someone to remonstrate about anything unless you are prepared and able to defeat them .

In a lot of Western social circles it is incumbent upon you to deal as harshly as possible with anyone with the temerity to pull you 

6 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

No matter what the guy that was beat up said or did he certainly didn't deserve the beating he got.      

Look here. the guy went over to the vehicle and gave it some.

tough luck,  if you want to start road rage, this is what can happen.

total idiots.

Lucky it was a westerner,  if it was a Thai guy  he mouthed off to and hit his car, he would have got a real kicking and  the other Thais around would have joined in.  he got off lightly.

If there was an accident, then the cops should have been called.

Road rage Plonkers

Just now, onemorechang said:

total idiots.

Lucky it was a westerner,  if it was a Thai guy  he mouthed off to and hit his car, he would have got a real kicking and  the other Thais around would have joined in.  he got off lightly.

Agreed. You approach anyone aggressively, expect an aggressive response.

3 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Looks like it was over spraying one of the kids with water.

A comment on the FB page obviously from a person who understood what has been said:

What happened was
The big guys boy keep splashing water out of the car to the poor guys little girl who's sick and they were on the way to hospital (they were on motorbike) the poor guy waved him to stop and that's why he stopped the car and yeah u saw the rest in the vid

( this is what the Thai guy who film this said anyway)

About who attacked and punched whom: some members really need better glasses.

And I can only hope that Mr. Olympia will be harshly punished.

4 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

total idiots.

I'm not saying the guy who got beat up was right or wrong.       His beating was way out of proportion.      

Archived