Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

May be you should try to watch the video again, this time with your glasses on.

But I help you a little.

The "victim" didn't "swing a punch". It looks like he slapped the top of the car door which p***** off the big guy.

17 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Ok, so if someone slap the car you have the right to knock this person Down...??...

It seems to be a part of the story that was not catched on the video which trigged the slap of the car door - dont you think...??..

17 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Not sure what to make of this

looks like plonkers on the road.

The guy went up to car to give it some.

mouthed off,  hit the top of the car door

then the guy in the car,  got out and gave him a kicking.

two stupid idiots i would say.

Also idiot Thai  guy kicking the car,  what's it got to do

with him, to warrant him attempting to escalate the situation  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps This would not have happened if they had all been in the happy zone !!!!!!!! :coffee1:

Well I am glad you mentioned stupid idiots, as this is what you would expect from a Thai so it just goes to show you that Falangs are competent idiots as well on the RD.

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Ok. Maybe I'm wrong but when I click the link it takes me fb login and there is a notice that login is required. I just took them at their word.
Please enlighten me how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No idea why it takes you to the login page, because it opens the video right away for me, and I'm not logged in to facebook.

19 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Nah

The old guy stepped up to the plate and challenged him.

That most likely will result in fisticuffs in Thailand.

he new full well what he was doing :thumbsup:

Not after threemorechang.-:ph34r:

Keep fighting; keep getting drunk and disorderly; keep running out on paying your bill; keep insulting Thais but don't complain when the Thais further clamp down on tourist visas; exempt entries and give you the impression you are not wanted in Thailand. I can't imagine why Thais dislike foreigners that act out ....can you?

6 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

The heat is probably a factor in these road rage incidents. 

Yes indeed a lethal mixture of heat and possibly drink (though quite possibly not in this case we do not know the whole facts)
This perhaps should be on another topic, but there was an incident the other day whereby complete Thai strangers began fighting with a local Thai Songkran party and made off.
Later at 10:30 in the evening some cars were screeching and revving their car engines and no one knew for sure if the incidents were related, but the local residents were disturbed in more ways than one and luckily the large gates were locked shut.

Yes, a frightening experience and yes bad enough when a local person or Thai relative is involved too and one who is at a Family party and then tries to drive his car out of the house. 
Yes, indeed a mixture of drink, drugs and certainly the heat and usually over a most trivial matter and yes people can change just like that.

Still, as long as the Authorities do not take stronger action on these matters it is never going to improve.
Even innocent people are victims and have done nothing are targetted. ie unprovoked attacks.
Yes good and bad people wherever in the whole World and not just here, but it seems more and younger people have a total disrespect of the laws and of course  they are often not brought to justice.

Appearently a problem over people playing recklessly with water again. Same like the man with the daugther I never accept people throwing or shooting water om me or other people on the motorbike.
That is not what traditional Song Kran is about. That is a holliday for meet the family and sprinkle water with your fingers on the head of the ones you love, at the same time it´s for respecting the old ones in each and every village. The stupid things we see today in traffic, on the side of the roads and rolling around throwing buckets of water on each other is just plain stupidity and ignorance for the safety of other people.

I sincerely hope that the man that sacked the old guy that didn´t want anybody throwing water att him, his wife and his daugther get a real kick by someone bigger in the near future. Just a wish!

There really should be a little more info about the lead-up to this confrontation. Without it everything is rather meaningless !

According to previous posts/reports it was over a child inside the car squirting water over the child on the motorbike.
Serious stuff. No wonder it got out of hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

31 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

There really should be a little more info about the lead-up to this confrontation. Without it everything is rather meaningless !

Sure it would be nice to know, but it is not meaningless it is a serious assault by the car passenger. That is crystal clear

37 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

Nah

The old guy stepped up to the plate and challenged him.

That most likely will result in fisticuffs in Thailand.

he new full well what he was doing :thumbsup:

Yes of course he did, no doubt he intended to get knocked unconscious. We don't all expect people to behave like thugs and use fists when not necessary.

18 hours ago, Basil B said:

Clearly locals were trying to stop the vehicle driving off until the police arrived, but I suppose it was a case of where are the police when you want them???

the p.o.s. tiny dudette that kicked the car should be castrated . clearly clown car mentality . 

Assume the older guy saw they were foreigners (kid shooting water at them) and unfortunately, but not unexpectedly if he wanted them to stop, to "angrily" ask the folks to knock it off as he had a sick child. A bit more restraint (calm voice and not swinging at the door(?)) would have been a good idea but asking them to stop is not uncalled for given the situation. Receiver of the verbal assault had several choices at that point but likely, upset and maybe even embarrassed, decided to show up this guy with his physical assault. In most countries, and under most laws, physical assault is never a justified response to verbal assault. The reaction may have been anticipated but it still does not make it justified.

13 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

Yes of course he did, no doubt he intended to get knocked unconscious. We don't all expect people to behave like thugs and use fists when not necessary.

Many Thais would pull a gun here. 

17 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Looks like he was "flopping" to garner sympathy.  The Arab rage on Sukhumvit Friday Night was way more intense.  Russians? Roidheads?  Boiler Room guys on Holiday?  Hitting an of occpied vehicle could also be criminal...some good size donations will be due...

Where can I get the "Arab rage" vid? That sounds mighty entertaining

In short: overweight clown aggressively approaches muscular clown. Fatty hits the tarmac and cuts his head. Goliath doesn't seem impressed and relaxes in his car.  Thai clown abuses the situation to vent some repressed anger/happiness. Netizens are not impressed. I rate this op and video 6/10. Khrap pom.

I applaud the motorcycle taxi drivers for coming to the aid of Expat and applaud the Thai man kicking the car and the Thais for stopping the bully car from driving off. Also the Thais  help and kindness to the injured man because it shows thais care about what happens regardkess of who is involved.  

i felt sorry for the kid and mum ,clearly stressed the elderly guy with glasses was upset about his sick child getting sprayed ,but when the young russian steroid mixed martial artist  fighter  got out the car he was ready to attack ,and thats what he did to the old man.

the poor girl seeing her dad beat and bleeding was traumatized,i hope the thug pays big time ,he got out the car to fight and thats what he did ,to a old man with glasses on ,he had the sense to get back in the car and not kick off with the thais as that would have been good to watch incensed at the thug traumatizing that poor sick kid and mother .

I applaud the motorcycle taxi drivers for coming to the aid of Expat and applaud the Thai man kicking the car and the Thais for stopping the bully car from driving off. Also the Thais  help and kindness to the injured man because it shows thais care about what happens regardkess of who is involved.  

Whilst I agree with your other comments. Can you explain to me why you applaud the guy who kicked the car?

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Whilst I agree with your other comments. Can you explain to me why you applaud the guy who kicked the car?

i applaud the guy also and the other thais  stopping the thug getting away ,the guy came running out the restaurant clearly upset  at seeing the thug get out the car and attack the old man in front of his sick child and mother 

The older chubby chap was neither a threat nor a match ; flailing about like a lobster. The Russian should have left the door closed and quietly departed the scene...until the testosterone kicked in. 

These incidents kill people: the punch itself or the impact with the ground.

There has been any number of such deaths in Australia and the perpetrators routinely get 12-15 years.

Both these guys should count themselves lucky.

Archived