Pattaya: Brutal farang vs farang road rage assault caught on camera

Jonathan Fairfield

What happened was
The big guys boy keep splashing water out of the car to the poor guys little girl who's sick and they were on the way to hospital (they were on motorbike) the poor guy waved him to stop and that's why he stopped the car and yeah u saw the rest in the vid

( this is what the Thai guy who film this said anyway)

If the above is true

Then the guy is a bigger idiot than i thought.

he should have continued to the hospital with his  little girl

not start some,  road rage. over water at Songkrain

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The victim's fault here. There's no point aggressively approaching a car to complain about something that has already happened unless he's confident he can defend himself and/or back it up with some firepower. He's lucky the driver wasn't Thai.

If he is married to a Thai and has a kid, then he's been here long enough to know better - especially in Pattaya.

20 minutes ago, tropo said:

The victim's fault here. There's no point aggressively approaching a car to complain about something that has already happened unless he's confident he can defend himself and/or back it up with some firepower. He's lucky the driver wasn't Thai.

If he is married to a Thai and has a kid, then he's been here long enough to know better - especially in Pattaya.

That is all well and good and probably good advice...............but

It doesn't make what followed either right or justified, the Tattooed yob should be facing assault charges

1 hour ago, onemorechang said:

What happened was
The big guys boy keep splashing water out of the car to the poor guys little girl who's sick and they were on the way to hospital (they were on motorbike) the poor guy waved him to stop and that's why he stopped the car and yeah u saw the rest in the vid

( this is what the Thai guy who film this said anyway)

If the above is true

Then the guy is a bigger idiot than i thought.

he should have continued to the hospital with his  little girl

not start some,  road rage. over water at Songkrain

This is how my thai staff explained what happened also. The occupants in the car are Russian. No mention of victim's nationally. 

Always disappoints me reading the comments of some here...especially some long standing members who should know better. Poor character indeed.

There is nothing wrong with remonstrating with someone who is putting your family in danger. In fact, it is almost to be expected. Not everyone is happy about being sprayed whilst riding a motorcycle. The 'victim' didn't swing or even attempt to throw a punch. Perhaps just symbolically pushing the car door in response to what was being said.

The larger man threw three punches, two connecting. Totally unnecessary. The 'victim' was never a threat. He has glasses on and was much older. 

48 minutes ago, smedly said:

That is all well and good and probably good advice...............but

It doesn't make what followed either right or justified, the Tattooed yob should be facing assault charges

This is not a matter of what is right or justified. He should have been wiser as to the possible consequences of his actions.

Other than venting, what was the point of his actions?

19 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Always disappoints me reading the comments of some here...especially some long standing members who should know better. Poor character indeed.

There is nothing wrong with remonstrating with someone who is putting your family in danger. In fact, it is almost to be expected. Not everyone is happy about being sprayed whilst riding a motorcycle. The 'victim' didn't swing or even attempt to throw a punch. Perhaps just symbolically pushing the car door in response to what was being said.

The larger man threw three punches, two connecting. Totally unnecessary. The 'victim' was never a threat. He has glasses on and was much older. 

Now you're insulting the character of other members who know the deal here and offer sensible advice.

The victim had the poor character in this event. He should have shrugged his shoulders, bit his tongue and concentrated on the important task of getting his daughter to the hospital.

If the water splashing story is true I'm not at all surprised the older guy got angry.What does surprise me is just how few fights break out between farangs and non participants every year,as my experience is Thais will desist when asked but Farangs rarely will even when a good reason is provided.

40 minutes ago, JamJar said:

The guy helped his daughter so well.

He was an angry,  fool.

Bet if the guy in the car was an old,  small frail guy

he would have attacked him.

He was a total plonker.

He did not put his family first,  he put his ego first.

and arrived very late at the hospital,  caring so much about  his daughter.

If your going to pick a fight try and make sure you can win.

BTW

IT IS SONGKRAIN WHAT DO EXPECT.

YOU WILL GET WET, IF YOU GO OUT IN IT.

38 minutes ago, tropo said:

Now you're insulting the character of other members who know the deal here and offer sensible advice.

The victim had the poor character in this event. He should have shrugged his shoulders, bit his tongue and concentrated on the important task of getting his daughter to the hospital.

"Sensible advice" after the fact is useless. Remonstrating with someone doesn't give the thug licence to use his fists. Especially if said thug knows that it is defence of family.

Know the deal? That there are mindless thugs roaming the streets and their equals condoning their behaviour.

We know that, but that doesn't excuse the violence. Hopefully he will be punished.

If everyone who got doused with water confronted the throwers the streets would be awash with blood. You have to grit your teeth and move on pronto, keeping your temper in check. An incident like this proves the point.

Totally ridiculous spraying someone from a window in the back seat of a car. I am sure the Russian kid rolls it back up quickly after spraying his targets. This is not the full on Songran day yet and most places out the water zones people are using some common sense this year.  Reminds me of the nobs who trow water on people from balconies 3 stories up to passers by, who themselves have not chance of getting wet. 

I hope the Soi 9 boys actually take some action on this.

2 minutes ago, champers said:

If everyone who got doused with water confronted the throwers the streets would be awash with blood. You have to grit your teeth and move on pronto, keeping your temper in check. An incident like this proves the point.

Why write this nonsense?

Once I was walking along a Bangkok street and an IDIOT foreigner ran up to me and sprayed me directly in the eye with one of those high pressure blue pipes. For HIS sake, I took a deep breath. If it happened to one of my children....

There was no excuse or reason for the violence and anyone here who condones it is no better than the steroid fuelled idiot.

The story was reported in Khaosod today (Monday).
Apparently the incident was sparked by a child in the black car squirting the small girl who was riding pillion on the back of her father's motorcycle.
The girl was ill and being taken to the hospital.
You can hear one of the Thai's say langsam (slowly, take it easy) to the old guy as he tries to get up, which suggests he's German.

Seriously, what's wrong with people? The most disturbing detail in the video is the little girl who has to witness her dad being knocked out.

What an absolute textbook example of "how NOT to behave in Thailand". Surprised if either will last more than a year before ending up in REAL trouble.

4 hours ago, katana said:

The story was reported in Khaosod today (Monday).
Apparently the incident was sparked by a child in the black car squirting the small girl who was riding pillion on the back of her father's motorcycle.
The girl was ill and being taken to the hospital.
You can hear one of the Thai's say langsam (slowly, take it easy) to the old guy as he tries to get up, which suggests he's German.

So its two parents squabbling over what one child

has done.  with a water gun over songkrain.

Handled in a very mature and sensible way.

5 star Plonkers.

The guy should have just carried on to the hospital.

with his sick little girl. :jap:

Nah i go teach that guy a lesson  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops,   went a bit wrong that one.

Amazing plonkers in Thailand.

He is lucky...the swinging guy i mean, if this would have happened a couple of days earlier he could well be perished at that time!

By an angry Thai mob.

Watch the Guy in the white shirt 'really' damage his car by kicking at the front door.

Didn't seem to be interested in taking him on now did he.

Good to see Thai fellow inhabitants blocked his way out.

Three up on a motorcycle.....with an ill child....in Pattaya.....during Songkran.......is asking for trouble.

It is he who confronted the car driver.   Maybe he will now understand the difference between ability and ambition.

Archived