Transport chiefs inspect Phuket airport, bus terminal

webfact

Transport chiefs inspect Phuket airport, bus terminal

The Phuket News

1492432055_1-org.jpg

Transport Deputy Minister Pichit Akrathit (right) with Director of Phuket Airport Monrudee Getthuphan. Photo: AoT

PHUKET: -- Phuket was graced with personal inspections of two key transport facilities by two key transport officials over the weekend.

Transport Deputy Minister Pichit Akrathit arrived at Phuket International Airport at 3pm on Friday (April 14) to inspect improvements to services there.

Accompanied by Airport Director Monrudee Gettuphan, Mr Pichit specifically inspected the new “In-line” baggage security screening system that was brought online on April 1 to alleviate long queues of tourists waiting to enter the International Terminal to ensure the system was coping with the surge in passenger traffic through the airport during the Songkran holidays.

That inspection was followed by another by national Department of Land Transport (DLT) Director-General Sanith Phromwong, who visited Phuket Bus Terminal in person yesterday (April 16) to review Songkran safety measures in effect there.

Accompanied by Phuket Land Transportation Office (PLTO) Chief Banyat Kantha, Mr Sanith toured the bus terminal and handed out souvenirs to travellers and gave food and drink to officers for working during the Songkran holidays.

“The Department of Land Transport is strict on law enforcement for bus safety during the Songkran holidays, especially on driver alcohol tests – and there are to be no bus accidents and no claims from passengers that there are not enough buses, especially over April 16-17,” Mr Sanith said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/transport-chiefs-inspect-phuket-airport-bus-terminal-61808.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-04-18

Besides the funny story line, The Department of Land Transport is strict on law enforcement for bus safety ..   ..   ..   yes, well not to mention the buss accident on Patong hill on Phuket right?

I have also heard of a pudding bowl haircut, but that was when the bowl was placed on top of the head and cut the hair around the rim. This is the first time I have seen it placed directly onto a persons face? L o l .

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I feel the exact busstops are more important than the busterminal.

Not to those who use the terminal for inter-provincial travel- which is what the bus station is there for.  

2 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Not to those who use the terminal for inter-provincial travel- which is what the bus station is there for.  

Busstops are important for all passengers anyway  busses going to where?phuket town, kata, Patong, ,chalong, kathu?phanga?

10 hours ago, Psimbo said:

And that bus station is really very efficient.

43 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

But not going to all coastal cities on the west coast and u call that efficient?

As I said, the bus station is efficient.

There are buses going to all coastal cities BTW, but they depart from the local bus station, not from the inter provincial busstation where the inspection was.

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As I said, the bus station is efficient.

There are buses going to all coastal cities BTW, but they depart from the local bus station, not from the inter provincial busstation where the inspection was.

It says the airport busterminal seems all tourists arriving there at the airport need a ride to the coastal cities on the west coast.

54 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

It says the airport busterminal seems all tourists arriving there at the airport need a ride to the coastal cities on the west coast.

Where did you read 'airport bus terminal'?

55 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Where did you read 'airport bus terminal'?

Okay i got it i misread the article its 2 inspections one at airport one at bus terminal there are  not on the same location.was hoping the phuket airport got a new busterminal but its still mostly taxi dominated ?