Pattaya Police says no water throwing after 8pm

Rimmer

Pattaya Police says no water throwing after 8pm

Pattaya-Police-says-no-water-throwing-af

PATTAYA:--Pol. Col. Apichai Kroppech, the chief of Pattaya told the media that they along with the officers from Banglamung had joined forces to ensure safety to the city during the water festival, they also wanted to declare that there will be no water throwing allowed after 8pm.

Pattaya authorities were notified and currently putting up signs as well as making announcements that residents and/or tourists are not allowed to throw water after the time concerned to avoid any violence and misunderstandings.

Apparently there have been many negative reports on the water throwing activities since a lot of people clearly don’t know when to stop. The police chief mentioned that everybody can join in on the festivities but that must be during appropriate times. Therefore he is requesting cooperation from residents, tourists and relevant sectors to help reinforce the policy so that people can dress up appropriately in the evening without having to worry about getting wet.

Apart from that, more restrictions apply for vendors selling alcohol in public areas. Vendors caught doing so will be arrested immediately.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-police-says-no-water-throwing-8pm-170918

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-04-18

4 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

A ;little late songkran finished last saturday  april  15 today is tuesday.april 18

Nor knowing when to quit is appropriate .

Songkran in Pattaya (the main water throwing day) is the 19th, tomorrow.

Edited by Peterw42

Just now, Lingba said:

The entire country is finished with water throwing except Pattaya?

Yes, thats right. Different areas have the main water throwing day on different days. If you are really keen you can do Bangkok early on, places like Bangsean  (halfway between Bkk and pattaya) on the 17th, then pattaya on the 19th.

20 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

All my calenders show 13,14 15 songkran. If Pattaya says something else then it really is a case of not knowing when to quit. 

Wan Lai Festival (19th April 2017)

Read more at: http://www.bangkok.com/pattaya/songkran-in-pattaya.htm?cid=ch:OTH:001

Edited by Peterw42

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I took this quote right out of the link you gave here and it just supports the reality  of not knowing when to quit. Songkran is over what Pattaya is doing is hooliganism. Sorry but true.

this is the quote from your link.

While the Songkran holiday only officially lasts for three days (11th – 13th April 2017), 

So is it over or is Pattaya special? No Pattaya is not. It is not knowing when to quit.

9 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I took this quote right out of the link you gave here and it just supports the reality  of not knowing when to quit. Songkran is over what Pattaya is doing is hooliganism. Sorry but true.

While the Songkran holiday only officially lasts for three days (11th – 13th April 2017), 

So is it over or is Pattaya special? No Pattaya is not. It is not knowing when to quit.

Read the rest of the article

Wan Lai Festival (19th April 2017) Songkran officially lasts three days, but City Hall commonly extends it in Pattaya so that it lasts a full week, with the last day being the craziest day. This additional holiday is called “Wan Lai”, which means “day that flows”, but is generally lumped together with and commonly referred to as Songkran. Although Wan Lai is only one day – the last day – most people link it to the earlier holidays, creating an extra few unofficial days of Songkran. On Wan Lai Day, the water really does flow – practically continuously. Everybody is armed with a water dispenser of some description. Some favour the semi-traditional bucket, many go for a water gun and some use Heath Robinson high-pressure hoses made from a length of plastic plumbing pipe with a small hole at one and a plunger at the other. These are easily available but are considered too powerful and the police will confiscate them if they see you using them.

Im not condoning it just pointing out for those who dont know, the big day in Pattaya is 19th

Edited by Peterw42

Well, this is something, if taken seriously.

I believe local Thais and businesses may be getting sick of the excesses of Pattaya's Songkran as well. They're the only ones that City Hall would pay attn to. And this partly accounts for the increasingly mild Songkrans the past couple of years. Not a lot of reports on the forum, but it appears that this year may be the mildest in recent memory.

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Well, this is something, if taken seriously.

I believe local Thais and businesses may be getting sick of the excesses of Pattaya's Songkran as well. They're the only ones that City Hall would pay attn to. And this partly accounts for the increasingly mild Songkrans the past couple of years. Not a lot of reports on the forum, but it appears that this year may be the mildest in recent memory.

it's not only mild, but downright disappointing.

I went to soi 7 and 8 today for some action, but ...  maybe many businesspeople are still mourning and decided to not promote entertainment.

let's hope tomorrow will see the Songkran party in full swing

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Praise God! Some sanity at last. It all used to shut down when the sun went down, but as the article says, some people just don't know when to stop.

Yes, this is good news but now talk of an extra day on the 20th..WHY?

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Wow... please raise your hand if you live in Pattaya and don't know when "Songkran" is.

Nobody knows when it is because they keep changing the dates, the time it's supposed to stop each evening, the dates it starts in each district..etc. etc.

Why not have water throwing ALL YEAR EVERYWHERE then we'd all know.

Talk now of an extra day of it in Jomtien, but I'm sure you're fully informed and updated already, you know EVERYTHING about Pattaya.

I seem to recall for the past years Song Kran / Wan Lai travels down the coast from Chonbur Town to Rayong border

Bang Saray and beyond would be the 20th the previous poster had heard about.

18th Nakula

19th Pattaya and Jomtien

20th Bang Saray

I believe Chonburi has it's own day too. probably was the 17th this year.

16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Songkran in Pattaya (the main water throwing day) is the 19th, tomorrow.

And Sattahip main day is 20th, so for those that want even more than the 7 days in Pattaya get a bonus day if they get down there

17 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Sattahip and Bang Sary's main day is officially on the 20th

Edited by SattahipBri

18 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

A ;little late songkran finished last saturday  april  15 today is tuesday.april 18

Nor knowing when to quit is appropriate .

Unfortunately in Pattaya Songkran ends today (19th), but last night some idiots on Soi Buakhao continued to throw water well after 10 pm!

20 hours ago, Lingba said:

The entire country is finished with water throwing except Pattaya?

Maybe I'll go down to Pattaya on the last day of Songcran next year to get a punch at some Farang for assaulting me, that can be payback for confining me to my home.