Cost of running a small backyard pool

tropo

I havent done a check on the net yet but I havent seen a great deal of advertising re swimming pools that are made from ISO containers (Shipping Containers).  The principle seems good and they can either be put in the ground or left above the ground.

Does anyone know of a company in Thailand doing this?  Another beauty of a container pool is that they a quite waterproof from the start.... but they do still need work to make a pool out of them. Quite a novel idea.... your thoughts?

looks like a good idea with the right internal coatings  they possibly would have at least a 10 year life before re coating we used to give 10 year warranties on steel pool filters.

A good business opportunity wish i was a bit younger i would flog em.

not sure of the cost but lined with 316 stainless they would last  nearly forever,

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the people who complain about the hassle and cost of pools are not really the people who enjoy pools the most. I think if you have a house in this ridiculously hot/humid climate a pool is worth every penny! What I have is a mini pool with jacuzzi (2x3m) so the maintenance is really nothing. I just had mine built 2 months ago and what a life changer has been here in Bangkok. Finally I can spend some quality time outdoors. Because of the heat and humidity I never spent any time in my garden before I had a pool. The building process on the pool was the worst pain in the ass because of unprofessional company who built it, but after it was completed I've spent about 2 hours a day in it.

Just wondering how much I should be expecting to pay on electricity only for a tiny pool like this. Could someone give me an idea? I run the pumps 8 hours per day (will reduce much less now) and the jacuzzi maybe 1-2 hours per day. It seems like my electricity cost has gone up like crazy (up about 2000b). This can't be just because of my pool right?

9 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Just wondering how much I should be expecting to pay on electricity only for a tiny pool like this. Could someone give me an idea? I run the pumps 8 hours per day (will reduce much less now) and the jacuzzi maybe 1-2 hours per day. It seems like my electricity cost has gone up like crazy (up about 2000b). This can't be just because of my pool right?

How big is your pump(s) (horsepower)? From that and your timings we can tell you just how much juice they will be using.

Don't forget, it's been dashed hot recently, so if you use aircon that will be using more, as will your fridge / freezer.

Oddly enough it's Wifey's koi pond that is our biggest single consumer next to the aircon.

58 minutes ago, Crossy said:

How big is your pump(s) (horsepower)? From that and your timings we can tell you just how much juice they will be using.

Don't forget, it's been dashed hot recently, so if you use aircon that will be using more, as will your fridge / freezer.

Oddly enough it's Wifey's koi pond that is our biggest single consumer next to the aircon.

My pump model is Emaux SS075. Input 0.75 kW and RPM 2800 r/min (Qmax 15.7m3/h). So those are all the details I can find in my pump and it's been running 8 hours per day. What kind of electricity cost are we looking at for that only?

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

My pump model is Emaux SS075. Input 0.75 kW and RPM 2800 r/min (Qmax 15.7m3/h). So those are all the details I can find in my pump and it's been running 8 hours per day. What kind of electricity cost are we looking at for that only?

So I guess this simply means that the pump consumes 6000 W per day (750Wx8hours). Isn't that about the same as a large AC unit (depending on size of course) consumes in one hour?

Just trying to figure out why the electric bill has gone up 2000b. It shouldn't be too much about the AC's because I've been using them quite equally past months.

Archived