Where to have a nap in central Bkk?

stravers

It may seem like a funny question but I'm spending the entire day in Bkk from morning to night and after a few hours of walking, I may need a nap somewhere in central Bkk.

Not interested in short time rooms, where else is good? I was thinking the library in Lumpini Park. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Bumrungrad hospital is the solution. No purchase necessary. Provides many floors offering a nice view with free coffee, tea, water, toilets, wifi, peace, quiet, cleanliness, various forms of padded seating, centrally located, and an inexpensive canteen packed with pretty nurses. 

Bumrungrad-Hospital-Bangkok.jpg

Bumrungrad-International-Hospital.jpg

5 minutes ago, stravers said:

Bumrungrad hospital is the solution. No purchase necessary. Provides many floors offering a nice view with free coffee, tea, water, toilets, wifi, peace, quiet, cleanliness, various forms of padded seating, centrally located, and an inexpensive canteen packed with pretty nurses. 

I guess if you think about it there are many people waiting at the Hospital for someone having treatment etc

and since Thais can sleep anywhere it would just seem normal :smile:

48 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

I guess if you think about it there are many people waiting at the Hospital for someone having treatment etc

and since Thais can sleep anywhere it would just seem normal :smile:

Not only Thais. I went to the Muslim prayer room which provides towels, shower, and soap (as many Muslims shower before prayer) and there was someone sleeping on the carpet. I brought a change of clothes knowing there would be a clean toilet and shower available.

2 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Muslims pray five times a day. They wash their feet and hands but don't shower. Unless you are actually a Muslim you won't be allowed into a prayer room. Curious post.

do they have a secret handshake ?

I  would think they want new converts as long as they do not disturb the regulars

2 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

do they have a secret handshake ?

I  would think they want new converts as long as they do not disturb the regulars

Great reply. 555. The 1 person I saw was extremely welcoming and shook my hand. He said:

"As-salāmu ʿalaykum (is a greeting in Arabic that means "peace be upon you".)."

On 19/04/2017 at 0:20 AM, starky said:

Why not lumpini...but just the park not the library? Stretch out under a tree on the grass. Sorted.

I was once stretched out on a flat bench in Lumphini park, eyes shut listening to my mp3 player (yes, it was a few years ago and the bl**dy  park warden came and roused me. No sleeping in the park!

Of course when Thais do it, it does not seem to be a problem!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-4-21 at 11:44 AM, rak sa_ngop said:

I was once stretched out on a flat bench in Lumphini park, eyes shut listening to my mp3 player (yes, it was a few years ago and the bl**dy  park warden came and roused me. No sleeping in the park!

Don't panic, I've seen them waking up Thais too.

On 4/21/2017 at 11:44 AM, rak sa_ngop said:

When Thais do it they are not sleeping ... they are meditating.

It is a strange question actually.  You can get a ST room for 2 or 3 hours for 300 b with aircon.

A 90 minute foot massage will give you a good nap.

But I guess you want free? There are some covey holes under the tollway near Nana maybe a good place for you.  

On 5/14/2017 at 8:34 PM, impulse said:

The guys in my office  at Asoke go to a quiet massage parlor nearby and pay them some baht to nap at lunch.  I would imagine it could be done in just about any part of town.

ha.  I have been know to do that in some quiet foot massage and salon places while in Pattaya.  I give a tip and of course also get a foot or oil massage every other day.  They did not have much business and didn't mind as they were usually engrossed watching the Korean soap operas on TV.  And for fun I would take them to the 7-11 for a burger Kung.  Cheap fun little diversion shopping trip

In Tokyo i saw resting places on top of normal shops...take an elevator to the 5th floor and there are small private rooms with a decent recliner in them...for rent by hour.

BKK also needs something like that.

20 minutes ago, fruitman said:

In Tokyo i saw resting places on top of normal shops...take an elevator to the 5th floor and there are small private rooms with a decent recliner in them...for rent by hour.

BKK also needs something like that.

Why not go into one of the 100's of foot massage places and just rent a chair for an hour?  

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Why not go into one of the 100's of foot massage places and just rent a chair for an hour?  

Because i don't like footmassages and don't like to sit inbetween the ladies in those shops.

If the space isn't already taken by someone else, under the staircase of a BTS station. Provides you the perfect shade from the hot sun and gives you some shelter from the rain too.