Cabinet agrees to 3-per-cent salary increase top-up for over 700 'government officials'

webfact

Cabinet agrees to 3-per-cent salary increase top-up for over 700 'government officials'
By The Nation

729c70cd88dae09c08fbbde2497e8c7e.jpeg

File Photo

BANGKOK: -- THE Cabinet yesterday approved a proposal to top-up the annual salary increase for hundreds of “government officials” recruited from their principal offices to help the junta perform its work.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the proposal is a common benefit that all state officials are entitled to if they perform extra work. 

He said the additional payments which could be as much as 3 per cent of their annual salary increase were not grants, but a small bonus to show appreciation for these officials’ performance and to boost their morale.

As many as 721 officials are entitled to be considered for the benefit.

Government Spokesperson Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the Cabinet approved the payments in its weekly meeting yesterday following the proposal by the National Council for Peace and Order’s secretary office. 

The two-step increase process would account for about 3 per cent of their normal annual salary rise, he said.

Sansern compared their dedication to drug suppression officials’, saying the work required commitment and effort and as such they deserved the benefit.

Similar special payments have occurred twice since the 2006 coup, when over 400 officials who helped the work of the Council of National Security received similar extra-salary increases.

Under the NCPO’s terms, at least 1,700 officers have been entitled to such benefits over the last two years, according to documents submitted by the NCPO secretary’s office that accompanied the proposal.

The office also reported that around 22, 771 military officers were recruited to help the junta’s work. Only 254 of them failed the criteria for consideration. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312633

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-19

After 14 years of working at a government owned institution……. my base pay has increased by about 40% (about 6,000 baht a month increase), but our housing allowance has not increased in over 20 years. My net pay has gone up by about 16%. In that time my landlord has not increased my rent, but everything else has at least doubled.

My workload has increased considerably, with increased class sizes and number of classes taught, as the places available has more than doubled, in keeping with government policy. As a result we get a large number of students who are ill prepared for tertiary study, coming from a school system where rote learning is the norm and failure is not an option. Add to that increased documentation requirements…..

Despite dumbing down courses and adapting our teaching techniques, our productivity in terms of graduates remains about the same because of a high drop out rate. I guess we have no right to expect more pay for our efforts, unlike those hardworking servants of the junta.

2 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

After 14 years of working at a government owned institution……. my base pay has increased by about 40% (about 6,000 baht a month increase), but our housing allowance has not increased in over 20 years. My net pay has gone up by about 16%. In that time my landlord has not increased my rent, but everything else has at least doubled.

My workload has increased considerably, with increased class sizes and number of classes taught, as the places available has more than doubled, in keeping with government policy. As a result we get a large number of students who are ill prepared for tertiary study, coming from a school system where rote learning is the norm and failure is not an option. Add to that increased documentation requirements…..

Despite dumbing down courses and adapting our teaching techniques, our productivity in terms of graduates remains about the same because of a high drop out rate. I guess we have no right to expect more pay for our efforts, unlike those hardworking servants of the junta.

Teachers are poorly paid In Thailand But you are right Those hard working servants of the junta should of got a 20% Pay rise because they work so hard(Tongue in Cheek)  If i had my time over again i would try to get a job with the government That is where the money is