Drunk driver repents after working in mortuary

webfact

Drunk driver repents after working in mortuary
By The Nation

b014f936690775efb879449381ed6ae9.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- A convicted drunk driver on Wednesday was sent to a hospital mortuary to work as a cleaner as part of his probation conditions.

The public service had allowed him to see how sad accident victims’ family members were after losing their loved ones, he said.

“Working here has completely changed my attitude,” the 25-year-old man on probation said, while asking to remain anonymous. “I intend to stop drinking.” 

The man was among 20 traffic-law offenders sentenced to carry out community service at Nopparatrajathanee Hospital on Wednesday. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30312692

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-19

This is one of the best stories I think I have ever read on the forum. No fine, no prison, but a veil has been lifted from his eyes.

He now understands the consequences of drink driving. Might be a bloody good idea to do the same for all drink drivers.

Send them to work in accident and casualty to see first hand the consequences of bad accidents and grieving relatives.

Great decision by the court, and that is probably the first time I have ever said that.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He didn't know before what the consequences of drink-driving could be? Wow.

I have learned in LOS folk virtually nothing about consequences regarding anything.

But this is a good start for this bloke and others, sadly those out there who still drive whilst plastered it will have no effect..

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He didn't know before what the consequences of drink-driving could be? Wow.

It's not always easy to visualize what the consequences of our actions will/could look like. He's still young, only 25, and probably hasn't had that kind of experience before. We're all dumb and naive when we're young - I think this could be a great way to get first time drunk drivers to think about their actions and change their attitudes. 

One up for the judge in this case. 

As I have said, anyone that kills someone on the road that is at fault, needs to do this also.  They should also have to spend a day with the victims family(s).  Not just drunk drivers, but anyone negligent that causes a fatality on the road!  If the police won't do anything, the courts should.