Watana to face charge of violating computer crime law

webfact

Watana to face charge of violating computer crime law
By The Nation

b66d2ee376be564891c293c5d9463cde.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- The Technology Crime Suppression Division of the Royal Thai Police plans to file a complaint against Pheu Thai’s former MP Watana Muangsook for computer crime after his recent posts concerning a missing historical plaque, Deputy National Police Chief Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said on Wednesday.

Srivara said Watana’s posts could be misleading as they invited the public to step out to help reclaim the plaque. This could also be deemed as instigating unrest, equivalent to sedition, he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312699

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-19

I have two sayings so far that simply don't apply in Thailand. 

"You can't have your cake and eat it" 

"It's not what you know - it's what you can prove" 

The computer crimes act is much like every other law here; made up as it goes along. 

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

For some reason all the effort seems to be directed against those people calling for the plaque disappearance to be investigated.

I have an idea about the reason, but I better don't get specific.

I just finished reading the article where PM says he'll have to have this plaque business investigated, suggesting he doesn't know anything about it, and his government had nothing to do with it.  He also suggested the public should forget about it, it's not really that important, just focus on the future.

But in this article, the government comes down swiftly on this ex-MP with scary sounding charges like "sedition", and anyone who tries to retrieve the useless, unimportant old plaque is a trouble maker.   Sedition is speech or actions against the government.  A government that just got done saying it knows nothing about this dusty old plaque, had nothing to do with it.  So how could finding the old one and who was responsible for the swap, be a threat to the government? 

Edited by 55Jay

29 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

I just finished reading the article where PM says he'll have to have this plaque business investigated, suggesting he doesn't know anything about it, and his government had nothing to do with it.  He also suggested the public should forget about it, it's not really that important, just focus on the future.

But in this article, the government comes down swiftly on this ex-MP with scary sounding charges like "sedition", and anyone who tries to retrieve the useless, unimportant old plaque is a trouble maker.   Sedition is speech or actions against the government.  A government that just got done saying it knows nothing about this dusty old plaque, had nothing to do with it.  So how could finding the old one and who was responsible for the swap, be a threat to the government? 

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark Thailand."

Hamlet (1.4), Marcellus to Horatio