Turnips.

16 hours ago, mrjohn said:

White radish (hua pak gat) is dirt cheap and available just about anywhere and to all intents and purposes is the same thing.
It depends what you want to do with them.

For making soup, I know what white radish is, you can see it everywhere, I have made soup with it, along with carrots, sweet potato, peas, and it is nothing like turnips.

Off topic a little, but my wife makes soup for me using only pumpkins, she calls it yellow soup, and it is great, I was hoping to get her to do the same with turnips.

22 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

For making soup, I know what white radish is, you can see it everywhere, I have made soup with it, along with carrots, sweet potato, peas, and it is nothing like turnips.

Off topic a little, but my wife makes soup for me using only pumpkins, she calls it yellow soup, and it is great, I was hoping to get her to do the same with turnips.

It is nothing like turnips ??????

Possum what you talking about???

White radish is very very similar in taste and texture to milan purple top turnip, and  golden globe and other white fleshed turnips.

I know i grow both here.

Edited by colinneil

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I think Swede is better, good colour and great mashed with Potatoes.

Charlie, the only way I like veg and fruit, with the exception of potatoes, is liquidised. 

With veg, made into soup, with fruit, liquidised and drunk with a straw.