latest update on adress report/registration at jomtien immi

54 minutes ago, wenzman said:

To my demand he said even if I leave thailand and would not be longer than a month away and come back to my old adress an address report is not necessary

This is what they told me last year - same address - no problem - and put my new TM-30 form in the trash.  But then, things changed, and every trip out of country was supposed to be reported.  The last time I did this at that little office, after being out of Thailand for less than 3 days, they told me I had done the right thing.  

I'm not sure if the type of visa one has has any bearing (I was on a TR) - or if one is doing 90-day reporting affects their "interpretation" of when this is needed (seems redundant).  The actual law requires a TM-30 even leaving one's province for just 24 hours, so we cannot expect to get these "rules as currently enforced" in writing - just "go with the flow." 

I'll still be attempting to "update" my TM-30 after my next trip out of the country, based on my last instructions.  If they tell me not to bother - Ok then - I'm happy to do whatever they prefer.  I will report back here with what I am told at that time.

11 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The actual law requires a TM-30 even leaving one's province for just 24 hours, so we cannot expect to get these "rules as currently enforced" in writing - just "go with the flow."

No it does not. Section 38 of the immigration act only states the TM30 report must be done when you arrive at the residence.

A TM28 is the form to comply with section 37 of the immigration act that states if you stay in another province for more than 24 hours you must do the report within 48 hours. But that rule is almost impossible to enforce. It is also the form used to report a change of address,

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No it does not. Section 38 of the immigration act only states the TM30 report must be done when you arrive at the residence.

A TM28 is the form to comply with section 37 of the immigration act that states if you stay in another province for more than 24 hours you must do the report within 48 hours. But that rule is almost impossible to enforce. It is also the form used to report a change of address,

Thank you for the clarification.  I thought the landlord or "housemaster" (me, in a condo) also had 24 hours or "next time the office is open" to report, as well.  Upon reporting myself after my last trip out-of-country, I explained that I was on an overnight-bus coming down from the Lao border, so could not report on the same day I re-entered Thailand (I showed them the ticket as evidence of this).

It seems like they have muddled-up the two processes to varying degrees at different offices.  The big-poster at Jomtien seems to reflect aspects of the TM28, while the form/process is for a TM30.  I'll just keep following the last instruction they gave me, and hopefully everyone is happy.

Wow! I think you take this too seriously. I've been in Thailand for about 8 years and wouldn't have even known TM30s existed if it wasn't for this forum. Just do my 90 day reports and yearly extensions. Never had a problem.

4 hours ago, TBKK said:

I agree.

I have been in Thailand for the past 13 years on a retirement visa with yearly extensions and have never filed any TM30's and have never been asked to file this form!

I stay 9 years here and the same. But maybe it's only in Pattaya?

11 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Thank you for the clarification.  I thought the landlord or "housemaster" (me, in a condo) also had 24 hours or "next time the office is open" to report, as well.  Upon reporting myself after my last trip out-of-country, I explained that I was on an overnight-bus coming down from the Lao border, so could not report on the same day I re-entered Thailand (I showed them the ticket as evidence of this).

It seems like they have muddled-up the two processes to varying degrees at different offices.  The big-poster at Jomtien seems to reflect aspects of the TM28, while the form/process is for a TM30.  I'll just keep following the last instruction they gave me, and hopefully everyone is happy.

I read your text but its to complicated i will just pay the fine because i not know what to report and when and to who and what.i give up and pay fine.

7 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

I read your text but its to complicated i will just pay the fine because i not know what to report and when and to who and what.i give up and pay fine.

If in doubt, you can just go to immigration after your next trip out of the country, with some evidence of where you live and ask them what you need to do - if anything.  If in Jomtien Immigration, you walk in the front door and the TM-30 office is down the hall immediately on the left - down the little hall towards the copy-machine.  They were friendly with me, when I did this.

On 4/21/2017 at 3:32 PM, Jack Mountain said:

Try to prevent to get registered when you are outside the province. The hotels i use is in my Thai lady's name ... so far they haven't asked me anything.

Same here, my wife usually books the hotels and normally reception just ignores me.

A couple of weeks ago we went to a hotel in Nakhon Phanom and the guy at reception asked for my ID. I gave him my pink ID card but he refused it and insisted in taking a copy of my passport.

• Like 1