Minivan driver falls asleep and hits a lamppost in Trang - no lives lost

rooster59

Minivan driver falls asleep and hits a lamppost in Trang - no lives lost

tnews_1492764008_5788.jpg

Image: T News

Six people were injured when a minivan driver taking ten passengers from Hua Hin to Koh Lipe crashed in Trang.

The driver Samphan Ninduangkaew, 52, who had the most serious injury said that he had fallen asleep at the wheel after being awake all night.

He was taking ten friends for a trip down south.

He hit a lamppost then careened off the road into a water-filled ditch. Part of the lamppost was embedded in the front of the smashed vehicle.

Five others were slightly injured and taken to hospital after the accident on the Trang - Palian road in Tha Phaya sub-district Friday morning.

Source: T News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-22

Jail the idiot driver!

No responsibility. No duty of care. Probably unfit for such employment, which is clearly obvious! No license? Vehicle road worthy? Under the influence?

Shocking! And yet again, even after the attempts by the authorises to create a safer form of transportation, these people are obviously flippant and could not give a cxxp!

Life is cheap!!! They don't give a damn...

What is it with this nation of people, who constantly fall asleep???

Like most of us on this site, I avoid that mode of transportation.

Today, a coach blasted past me, in the fast lane, with passengers on board, at what must have been over 120 k/ph! Crazy mother <deleted>!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You can put in camera's, tracking devices, seatbelts, less seats, whatever.

But what will only do something for road safety are speed limiters and good drivers.

Edited by hansnl

I really am tired of hearing the statement ' We think the driver might have fallen asleep' or other 'might have' statements. Why can't every big bus or mini bus/van be obliged to have front and rear facing dashcams which cannot be turned off and in the case of big buses at least a monitor showing the driver's face

so that passengers could see if the driver was 'dropping off'.