Sperm smuggler fined Bt200,000

rooster59

Sperm smuggler fined Bt200,000

By The Nation

d343713c38dec97ce311e4aa79f02e91.jpeg

The Customs Department on Friday fined Nithinon Srithaniyanan Bt200,000 for attempting to smuggle human semen out of the country, deputy spokesman Kreecha Kirdsriphan said. 

He said the department opted to apply the fine in lieu of the prescribed penalty of 10 years’ imprisonment for illegally exporting human sperm. 

Kreecha said the case is now settled in terms of Customs procedure, but the department is prepared to summon Nithinon again for further action should health officials uncover more information and seek its cooperation. 

Nithinon, 25, was caught trying to smuggle six tubes of semen stored in a tank of frozen nitrogen across the Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge checkpoint in Nong Khai province.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30312917

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-22

Sperm banks are having shortages everywhere.  Why?  Too many men have been outed and stuck with child support payments.  As fewer men opt for marriage and donors become non-existent, it's only a matter of time before sperm becomes a black market commodity. 

1 minute ago, uchibenkei said:

Too many men have been outed and stuck with child support payments.

Is that a "anywhere not in the west" thing too though? I know the west has reached a level of unsurpassed retardation which is another level of just the stupid we deal with here.

After the  surrogacy scandal a couple of years ago legislation was introduced which in addition to restricting surrogacy arrangements now also makes it an offence to transfer sperm, eggs or embryos between clinics within Thailand.

Not sure if the legislation applies to transfers in or out of the country.

1 hour ago, uchibenkei said:

Sperm banks are having shortages everywhere.  Why?  Too many men have been outed and stuck with child support payments.  As fewer men opt for marriage and donors become non-existent, it's only a matter of time before sperm becomes a black market commodity. 

I have thought of donating nd what you say would worry me, but I have an idea, I donate now and it kept frozen until after my death.

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why not just travel to Laos and make the deposit in person?

Because in Thailand soi dogs do not have ID card... yet...;)

Worldwide; good stock sperm is hard to come by. This guy was just fulfilling a need and could just have been topping up a local sperm bank.

There are always plenty of guys willing to donate. However it has to be absolutely first class stuff to get top dollar. Plenty of men, from the right stock of course, pay for their holidays this way. Some western men are saving away their sperm in cold storage as nest eggs for their children when they get older.  In my area of Thailand the price of a tube full is a tractor. In other parts of the country the price could be cheaper. A search on the internet reveals all. Similar to selling blood in the US.

If you can keep your head when others are losing theirs, you could finish up the tallest. 

43 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

I'll be happy to donate my sperm but only by direct injection lol.

....even if the receiver is a LB...??...

4 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Strange thing to try to take out of the country,unless he was working for a sperm bank.a large fine will make him think anyway

It may have been a personal gift or a souvenir - is it still illegal...??...;)

Since they outlawed surrogacy in Thailand, I would imagine the clinics have set up in Cambodia, Laos etc, but the prospective fathers/mothers would rather donate their sperm and eggs in Thailand in the clinics that used to be legal here. The products are then sent to the clinics abroad for implantation, or the poor women who will act as surrogates are fertilised there with imported sperm. Same business, different location.