TM30 - Advisory from Chonburi Immigration

I've just watched what was described as Public Service announcement on behalf of Chonburi Immigration by a local Pattaya Radio Station.

Interesting video.

Mods, I can post a link, but not sure if this infringes on any rules, as it is a radio station link, please advise and then I can act accordingly.

Edited by Mattd

14 minutes ago, thaitero said:

I saw thattoo and the was a email address where to send tm30 form??

They failed to mention that is only for registered hotels and etc. Individuals would have to do it in person.

Twice they showed this website link https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ which is for registered hotels and etc to report online.

• Like 1

What if a friend arrives at my house and stays from 8pm until 7 or 8 am the next morning just for some food and a sleep then continues their journey south early the following morning ?

Would I really need to go down to immigration the next day and report that they stayed overnight even though they've already left before immigration opens ?

This contradicts the experience of some folks' reports, who were (presumably) doing 90-day reports and staying at a permanent address (wife's house they bought, etc), but were hit with fines anyway.  But then, this is only Chonburi's instructions - those reports may have been at other offices. 

And then there are those who don't do 90-day reporting - on Multi-Entry visas, or visiting on TR visas - but staying at their own condos or apartments - and not at hotels, guest-houses, or friends' houses; it would appear we are still responsible for reporting ourselves, "within 24 hours" (or the next day the Imm-Office is open) - per this video.  As there is no report-of-departure when we stay somewhere else - even within Thailand - the system requires reporting every return to our primary residences - though this is not what people have been told in the past few days.

It's a pity that this helpful video is issued by a local radio station and not by the main Immigration Department in Bangkok, as presumably other Immigration Offices will feel free to continue to place their own interpretations on who should report. It's good to hear that Jomtien have taken the commonsense view that those on 90-day reporting don't have to submit a TM30.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Quick question probably asked a 100 times.

I went in to get my one year extension today at Chonburi. Last time I had a BKK address.  This time I am in Pattaya.

So, they tell me I or my landlord needs to pay 1600 b penalty or no Visa because there is no updated address on file.  They specifically said my landlord did not report my address.  But, I did not either.

I call my landlord and she gives me the blah blah know nothing.

So, who's responsibility is this?  If  it is mine no problem.

I did pay the money because I want the Visa and will talk with my landlord about this later.

I was at Jomtien Immigration today, to report 90days for another, and to obtain a residence certificate for myself. Both very quick, but could have been quicker - they would not give me two tickets at once, even though two passports were involved!
As I am doing a day trip to Singapore next week, I thought I should check whether or not I will be required to do the address reporting thing that is causing so much angst.
The farang helper said no, it only needs to be done if you are away from your registered address for 14 days or more. This applies whether or not you leave the country.
This seems to be perfectly clear, and not totally unreasonable! 
Hopefully he knows what he is talking about, and this will clear up the confusion.

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

they tell me I or my landlord needs to pay 1600 b penalty or no Visa because there is no updated address on file.  They specifically said my landlord did not report my address.  But, I did not either.

I call my landlord and she gives me the blah blah know nothing.

So, who's responsibility is this?  If  it is mine no problem.

According to section 38 of the Immigration Act, "The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence" is responsible.

This page on the website of the Immigration Bureau has this text:

Notification of residence of foreigners for businesses

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station. In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau. The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30. The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:
- In person at the respective office, or
- Through an authorised person at the respective office, or
- By registered mail, or
- Via internet.

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

...tell me I or my landlord needs to pay 1600 b penalty...I did pay the money because I want the Visa and will talk with my landlord about this later...

PM?

I'd love to have a copy of your receipt for this fine, as a receipt for this offence, ie the failure to notify the arrival of a foreigner within 24 hours, is still missing from my collection of visas, stamps and other documents related to Thai immigration procedures. Could you please scan or photograph it, obliterate any personal information on it (name, passport number, nationality, etc), and post it here? 

On 4/22/2017 at 5:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

They failed to mention that is only for registered hotels and etc. Individuals would have to do it in person.

Twice they showed this website link https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ which is for registered hotels and etc to report online.

how often do we , and mostly you experts, have to read-between-the-lines (that means guessing) when they say/write/post something ?!

On 4/22/2017 at 6:13 AM, ubonjoe said:

When I go that link I'm getting

extranet.immigration.go.th uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER