Acer laptop / tablet thingy

bkkmick

Hi

I have an Acer laptop that has a bluetooth keyboard.

I cannot get the keyboard to paid with the laptop/screen.

On the screen it says "Acer Keyboard Cover - Ready to pair"

When I press on the pair button on the screen it pops up with a dialog box and a dix character code to type in. Obviously the keyboard isn't connected, so I can't type the code there and typing in using the onscreen keyboard does nothing.

Seems to be caught in a deadly embrace!

I've Googled around but I cannot find a solution.

Any of you genius' out there have a solution?

Thanks

Mick

If your keyboard doesn't have a pre-designated code, then it either doesn't need a code, or the code is 0000.

Can you use the onscreen keyboard at all?

EDIT

A youtube video shows someone making sure Bluetooth is enabled,  having the PC search for devices, then Press & HOLD the POWER BUTTON until both the Battery and Function LEDs blink repeatedly. Release the Power Button. The keyboard is now in pairing mode.

Click PAIR on the display screen.  A passcode should display, enter this passcode on the bluetooth keyboard, then press the ENTER key. 

It may ask you to repeat the process using other passcodes. Enter them the same way, then press ENTER.

The youtube video also suggested making sure the device drivers for the keyboard are the latest version (from the acer website for that unit) if you are having difficulty.

Edited by RichCor

Hi Rich

It's weird. I can use the on-screen keyboard but that doesn't do anything.

I tried 0000, 1234 on the bluetooth keyboard but no success,

It makes sense that you would type the code into the bluetooth keyboard, but if they're not connected I don't see how they would ever pair.

Scratching my head...

added: when the pairing process times out it comes up with the message "Try again, and checl the passcode. Or, try it again without a passcode"

I can't find how to try without a passcode!?

Edited by bkkmick

DID you read the EDIT section of my initial post to you. It had some instructions.

From the YouTube video, it showed the user

placing the keyboard into PAIR MODE (by press-holding the keyboard's Power Button until the LED's flashed)

scanning for available bluetooth devices

selecting the bluetooth keyboard as the available device

being presented with a number and entering that on the keyboard and hitting ENTER (you won't see what's being typed)

possibly having to repeat entering the number and hitting ENTER

Once the keyboard and computer acknowledge the correct codes are being used only then will the keyboard become a keyboard for the computer.

There may be OTHER YouTube videos out there on how to do this if the devices need to be paired, or even something on the ACER website about it. 

Edited by RichCor