is this Legal Letter important ? or can I ignore it ?

Even if you are receiving a notice for the previous people that lived there do not assume the bank will not try to hold you responsible as you are now the one living there and they really do not care who they get money out of...even if it is the incorrect person and in effect they extort money from you as you would not be the first person ( foreigners included ) who ended up paying someone else's debt.

I would be somewhat concerned and I would address the problem and straighten it out before it festers into a larger concern and problem and they TRY to hold you accountable in someway and somehow.

And do not think it can not happen to you as I know of people who were in business and their partners "faded away" and left bills and debts and the remaining partner(s) were forced ( extorted ) to pay off the debt by way of association while the debts had NOTHING at all do with the partner or associate in the company rather private debts accumulated by the former partner or debts using the company as collateral or proxy and unknowingly while the partner(s) had no idea of what was going on and certainly not signatory to any of the debts...but still forced to pay or go to prison.

That  is how it can go down my friend as:  This Is Thailand ( TIT )

Edited by gemguy

5 hours ago, gemguy said:

Even if you are receiving a notice for the previous people that lived there do not assume the bank will not try to hold you responsible as you are now the one living there and they really do not care who they get money out of...even if it is the incorrect person and in effect they extort money from you as you would not be the first person ( foreigners included ) who ended up paying someone else's debt.

I would be somewhat concerned and I would address the problem and straighten it out before it festers into a larger concern and problem and they TRY to hold you accountable in someway and somehow.

And do not think it can not happen to you as I know of people who were in business and their partners "faded away" and left bills and debts and the remaining partner(s) were forced ( extorted ) to pay off the debt by way of association while the debts had NOTHING at all do with the partner or associate in the company rather private debts accumulated by the former partner or debts using the company as collateral or proxy and unknowingly while the partner(s) had no idea of what was going on and certainly not signatory to any of the debts...but still forced to pay or go to prison.

I cant imagine for a second that i would be forced to pay money for another persons name.

I cant even see how it would happen.

my name is not the same as whoever is on that letter.

Anyway, as I mentioned a few times in this forum already... i will be notifying the bank that it is not me, and I will also contact the number on this letter and tell them too.

Case Closed,

3 hours ago, easybullet3 said:

I cant imagine for a second that i would be forced to pay money for another persons name.

Anyway, as I mentioned a few times in this forum already... i will be notifying the bank that it is not me, and I will also contact the number on this letter and tell them too.

Case Closed,

Yes...that is the whole point to what I explained.

Do not ignore the matter as it could grow worse and as a foreigner here in Thailand you are vulnerable.

Good Luck

Cheers

8 hours ago, psyvolt said:

What a load of rubbish.

Unless you have something to back that up, your speaking out your arse.

You do not know what happened and you are definitely naïve if you think it did not happen and or does not happen and or can not happen.

The police are easily persuade by others who come and pay them off to make it happen.

If you can not understand that is how it works here in Thailand, and all too often, then you are a fool.

Other people know what I am talking about, but you?????.......well then,  I guess ignorant is the word that best describes your retort.

Edited by gemguy

2 hours ago, gemguy said:

Yes...that is the whole point to what I explained.

Do not ignore the matter as it could grow worse and as a foreigner here in Thailand you are vulnerable.

Good Luck

Cheers

Your point is not valid! Which was the point of my post. Rumours are just that, Rumours.

14 hours ago, gemguy said:

Thi.s is food for thought, good post

4 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Thi.s is food for thought, good post

" I would be somewhat concerned and I would address the problem and straighten it out before it festers into a larger concern and problem  ..."

In some countries if you ignore then there is the possibility of a magistrate in a bad mood saying something to you like: 'Your also irresponsible for not contacting the sender of the letter to get it sorted out quickly.'

Whether that's true in Thailand I have no idea but...

13 hours ago, easybullet3 said:

Case Closed,

At first thought I would agree, however the law, many countries takes strange twists and turns.

A twist is the situation where a naive person gets sucked in and naively believes without query and pays.

No doubt it happens everywhere.

Thirty five years ago I queried why my bank in Australia has removed some AU$500 or similar without telling me.

The bank manager tried to convince me it was just a correction. I insisted on more details and a junior spoke up and said they believed I was a cc debtor with payments well overdue. I told the manager that I did not have a cc from that bank, he still tried his double talk, so I personally visited the HO of the bank and demanded answers.

Turned out they mistook my name for a very similar name but did no real checking. The HO guys were horrified at the whole scenario but even more so by the fact the local guy had removed money from my account with no advice to me whatever.

It happens. 

1 hour ago, psyvolt said:

Only if you like to read fiction stories.

Maybe, but if he goes through the motions of,at least doing the right thing and has emails, copies etc,then he has half a chance

And some of the laws and promise's and all the other B S that this government feeds us on a daily basis,proves that we live in a world of fiction.

15 hours ago, juice777 said:

Have you bought this condo or just renting it?

I would be a lot more concerned if the previous owner has a lot of debts at that address. And I have bought the place.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

just renting.

and yes,, all the things I already noted from everyone ;)

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

At first thought I would agree, however the law, many countries takes strange twists and turns.

A twist is the situation where a naive person gets sucked in and naively believes without query and pays.

No doubt it happens everywhere.

Thirty five years ago I queried why my bank in Australia has removed some AU$500 or similar without telling me.

The bank manager tried to convince me it was just a correction. I insisted on more details and a junior spoke up and said they believed I was a cc debtor with payments well overdue. I told the manager that I did not have a cc from that bank, he still tried his double talk, so I personally visited the HO of the bank and demanded answers.

Turned out they mistook my name for a very similar name but did no real checking. The HO guys were horrified at the whole scenario but even more so by the fact the local guy had removed money from my account with no advice to me whatever.

It happens. 

my parents (30 years ago) got a 30,000 pounds deposit into their bank.

followed by several phone calls from their bank manager apologizing for a big mistake..

apparently the bank put the 30,000 Pounds in their bank account by mistake... as it was intended for someone of the same name.

so it was released by my parents and transferred back to the correct person.

the interesting thing was they needed my parents permission to take back the money.

i think the bank manager gave my parents champagne & flowers.  Lol

my parents (30 years ago) got a 30,000 pounds deposit into their bank.
followed by several phone calls from their bank manager apologizing for a big mistake..
apparently the bank put the 30,000 Pounds in their bank account by mistake... as it was intended for someone of the same name.
so it was released by my parents and transferred back to the correct person.

the interesting thing was they needed my parents permission to take back the money.
i think the bank manager gave my parents champagne & flowers.  Lol

If they spent it the bank would have taken legal action against them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk