Where to buy clear plastic sheet in Chiang Mai-

scorecard

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Khontiem Flower Market, next to Tesco Lotus.  On the 'main' street leading away from Lotus heading into the market, there is a large shop on the right hand side with huge rolls of plastic sheeting in all different gauges.

That's where I buy it. Lat shop on the right before the area where they sell the stones/bricks. They have many options.

Since there are recommendations for two different products, which one are you looking for?

Rolled plastic seeting that us used like a tarp/waterproof fabric? Probably less than 0.1 cm thick.

OR

Sheets of plastic that are about 4feetX8feet and vary in thickness from about 0.3 up to 2 or 3 centimeters. Like for picture frames instead of using glass.

Thanks for your post.

What I'm looking for is harder plastic of suitable thickness and texture to make a 'mat' for my office chair. 

The 5 legs have 'pads' about 4cm X 4cm, designed to let the chair slide easily across a suitable surface, but they are starting to chip the edges of the laminate flooring.

So I want to put down a rigid plastic mat for the legs to slide across.  

But to be honest I'm not sure what thickness is needed so that it doesn't crack or disfigure quickly. Has to take the weight of the chair plus me (100kg).

My first guess is about 2mm thick but I guess it depends on the quality etc. 

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks for your post.

What I'm looking for is harder plastic of suitable thickness and texture to make a 'mat' for my office chair. 

The 5 legs have 'pads' about 4cm X 4cm, designed to let the chair slide easily across a suitable surface, but they are starting to chip the edges of the laminate flooring.

So I want to put down a rigid plastic mat for the legs to slide across.  

But to be honest I'm not sure what thickness is needed so that it doesn't crack or disfigure quickly. Has to take the weight of the chair plus me (100kg).

My first guess is about 2mm thick but I guess it depends on the quality etc. 

Ah O.K. I misunderstood you. Khamtieng is not what you a re looking for then. Probably as the others said, C.M. Plastics.

2 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Ah O.K. I misunderstood you. Khamtieng is not what you a re looking for then. Probably as the others said, C.M. Plastics.

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Let me share, I have found exactly what I want (properly designed thickness, textured, smoothed edges etc.), on Lazada, price is OK and includes delivery to CM. I mentioned all of this to my Thai adult (who I live with) and he also wants one for his office chair. So already placed an order for 2, all confirmed, should be delivered to the house this Saturday.

Just a quick mention, I know some folks are quite negative about Lazada, we have used them numerous times, never any problem whatever, nothing ever damaged, excellent service, delivery guys always friendly and professional, always delivered from Bkk 2 to 3 days. 

Archived