Father kills 9 year old son when wife wouldn't return

webfact

21 hours ago, Prbkk said:

Perhaps but more likely an example of a world-wide theme. These events are more widely reported these days and occur in every country. Are they more common in Thailand? I doubt it. Just tragic: serious mental health plus booze and , tragically, an inncocent life lost.

From what I've been able to determine by looking at crime stats from other countries, Thailand does have a higher proportion of violent crimes and especially crime against children. The amount of child abuse, incest, rape, and assault is multiples of what is observed among "native" populations in the UK and USA. Mental health doesn't seem to be implicated, however. In my opinion, there seem to be 3 clear factors that help explain the finding (although there are obviously others as well, but these are the biggest contributors)...first, Thais are not that bright, with an average IQ of around 85 - 90.  They get frustrated easily at any activity that requires problem solving and deferment of pleasure. With an absence of consequences for bad behavior, violence is an easy option for many males.  Second, the family structure is weak, and so parents and children do not attach and bond in the same way we see in other societies. You see the same patterns in the USA among blended families. Third, Thais have easy access to guns and alcohol.  The alcohol problem is so great among men that it is estimated that 5% of the males are drunk at any particular moment (even when driving, as we see in the oft-reported daily carnage).  Just think how many Thai men you pass on the street or driving, who are probably stupid, drunk/high, and armed, and that statistic can be chilling.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"Police constable Manop Wongnaree who was first on the scene yesterday found the shooter trying to stab himself in the chest with a fruit paring knife outside the front of the house."

Should have left him to it, the horrible self-centered piece of scum.

RIP little fella.

Worst thing is that he will claim at the court hearings that he was drunk at the time he shot his son and was not accountable for his actions.
His lawyer (pro deo) will also try to blame his wife for the mental problems and he will be walking in the streets again before the end of May.
RIP little fellow

21 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I'd say it's very fortunate this piece of scum is going to prison.

I'd say it's very unfortunate this guy is still capable of going to prison.

17 hours ago, Mook23 said:

I dont do in "suggesting" either... and real life (as per my post) limits itself to earth. The day i read this petty forum from within a black hole ill let u know...

In that case may you meet your spaghettification soon.

Image result for spaghettification gif

Still no mention of sympathy for the youngster from you though so inside a BH is probably where you belong.

Edited by TKDfella
rewite

13 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

In that case may you meet your spaghettification soon.

Image result for spaghettification gif

Still no mention of sympathy for the youngster from you though so inside a BH is probably where you belong.

Correct. I dont feel the urge to post the obvious on some petty forum. On the other hand i feel empathy for all parties involved.

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Worst thing is that he will claim at the court hearings that he was drunk at the time he shot his son and was not accountable for his actions.
His lawyer (pro deo) will also try to blame his wife for the mental problems and he will be walking in the streets again before the end of May.
RIP little fellow

Oh boy...

20 hours ago, Mickeem said:

And too many unstable folks with access to firearms ..

If the unstable folks didn't have access to firearms they could kill them with their bare hands, knives, screwdrivers, hammers, rocks whatever.

Don't  believe everything you see on television or read in the newspaper. More people are saved by guns than are ever reported.  Thousands of innocent civilians that recently were murdered in Chicago in the last few months wished they had a gun.