Non-O for Retirement Extension denied in Savannakhet

This morning I applied for a Non-O based on Retirement and it was denied. I had the US embassy affidavit, that didn't help. They said that I could only obtain that from the US. The person at the window might have mixed up with the Non-OA, I think. I asked if the Thai embassy in Vientiane would give the non-o, he said "no, we follow the same guidelines" but he offered to give me the Tourist visa instead, minus the plane ticket and the financial proof. I couldn't refuse. I was warned by the people who did my paperwork in front of the embassy that nothing was concrete anymore as far as the visa regulations is concerned.

1 hour ago, bangkokbanjo said:

Wow...and this is coming from the person who knows everything about visa requirements. This is pretty troubling. What the heck is going on with immigration. Why on earth is it so complicated

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Wrong! ubonjoe is the visa advice man. I have heard that Savannakhet is only good for getting the marriage visa, tourist visa and Non-B. Retirement visas are difficult to get there, no understanding why but thats the case.

7 hours ago, Ubonquest said:

This morning I applied for a Non-O based on Retirement and it was denied...

Are you saying that on the visa application form, in the space for "Purpose of visit", you wrote "retirement"?

11 hours ago, Ubonquest said:

This morning I applied for a Non-O based on Retirement and it was denied. I had the US embassy affidavit, that didn't help. They said that I could only obtain that from the US.

Not sure what is going on with Vientiane and now Savannakhet about getting a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over.

If you are here in Ubon you should check with immigration in Sirindhorn about doing a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant (category O) visa entry. They may be able to do it now. There was a recent report of Udon immigration doing one. In the past it was not possible to do it anywhere here in Isaan.

You could do it now since it can be done at anytime during the 60 day entry from the tourist visa up to the last 15 days of it. You could use your income affidavit to apply for it.

Thanks Ubonjoe for the suggestion. At this point of time, it will be too late, with the conversion to non o, the retirement extension, it will get me to September at which time I have to go back to the US. I will take another look at it when I get back.

10 minutes ago, Ubonquest said:

Thanks Ubonjoe for the suggestion. At this point of time, it will be too late, with the conversion to non o, the retirement extension, it will get me to September at which time I have to go back to the US. I will take another look at it when I get back.

You could apply for the conversion tomorrow and then the extension at the end of June (30 days before the 90 day entry ends).