Paradise lost – Hua Hin peace shattered by “Party Houses”

snoop1130

16 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

He was expecting a quiet idyllic lifestyle in Thailand but instead it has turned into a daily nightmare of noise and ever increasing problems and frustrations.    JING LOR??????   

The people were all thai.....what a shocker..they wont be quiet--im sure if u ask them-they WILL  :wai:

1st and most important item to pack when i come here...EARPLUGS...used daily  priceless....:saai:

Earplugs don't help when the subwoof gets wound up.Can feel your ribs vibrating.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is illegal in the eyes of Thai Law under the Hotel Act 2008 to rent/lease any property whether it is a condo/villa/house owned by Falange or Thai for less than 30 days unless they have a Hotel license. Getting the authority's to administer the Law and prosecute people is another thing. Keep calling the police (191) every night and they will soon get sick of coming out to your problem and put a stop to the noise. Any noise after 2200pm is against the law unless they have prior permission from the police.

4 hours ago, Mousehound said:

1.  I have lived in Lincoln.  An autumn leaf falling is loud there.

2.  A party in Hua Hin!  Wow. Something to wake the dead - count me in.

On a serious note though, if these are more than twice a year I have sympathy for your problem.  I endured three years of parties with duff duff music two or three times every week.  I eventually got my big Bose speakers outside and had the massed pipe bands playing full blast .  Apparently they could be heard two kilometres away.  Did the trick though and they would turn it down later at night at least.

3 years!!!!I would have ACDC pumping the 2nd night.Then when it's time for bed,lock the door,and go sleep in a hotel.

Edited by louse1953

4 hours ago, khunano said:

Rule No. 1: Don't ever buy a house in Thailand. Rule No. 2: Don't even think about it!

I agree never buy. We rent and everything we own including our 3 dogs and a cat can be loaded into our pick up and we can be off to pastures new in an hour. Have done it twice in 10 years after paying our outstanding utility bills of course.

17 hours ago, docshock13 said:

Stone something...At a mate's in BKK for Super Bowl. His wife's phone rings. It is her mum. She proceeds to have a shouting conversation with her mum about what they ate etc. Mate says, "Honey, do you need to shout into the phone we are watching the game?"

The wife retorted vociferously (as if we were all daft), "My mum lives in Chiang Mai!!!!!!"

'Nuff said. 

Thanks for the laugh...;-)

12 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Another one who cant stop talk about the usa.Funny thing is that i never meet usa folks in Thailand however its the majority of the posters here very odd!!

Aha! You've spotted that too, have you? The only Americans in Thailand now seem to be noisesome young teacher-types in the Chiang Mai region. The majority of the ones blasting TV.com  are prolly keyboard couch spuds, I reckon, and everyone an expert.

12 hours ago, CGW said:

I used this tactic when the builders that were camping on ground behind the house started their music, one thing I can say is Thai people have little appreciation for Beethoven's 5th symphony.

Even Beethoven found it hard to listen to . . . . ;-)

1 minute ago, robsamui said:

Aha! You've spotted that too, have you? The only Americans in Thailand now seem to be noisesome young teacher-types in the Chiang Mai region. The majority of the ones blasting TV.com  are prolly keyboard couch spuds, I reckon, and everyone an expert.

1 minute ago, robsamui said:

Yes a very annoying bunch..They talk about vehicle speed limits in Thailand while they never even been here once.Whats that all about than?

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes a very annoying bunch..They talk about vehicle speed limits in Thailand while they never even been here once.Whats that all about than?

Well, be fair. I'm sure most of them have been over here for a week or two at least once, and thus qualify as authorities on the subject. I had one not so long ago who confidently boasted that he had been living here for 10 months and thus knew the score. Ah, the innocent conviction of the young and partially-informed with god on their side. Bless em. I was prolly not so different 40 years ago . . . . 

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Another one who cant stop talk about the usa.Funny thing is that i never meet usa folks in Thailand however its the majority of the posters here very odd!!

It's probably not a coincidence you don't meet them~we tend to be pretty good at reading people.  People from the USA make up a healthy proportion of the expat population here in Thailand.  How do you know the poster "talks" about the USA a lot?  I believe he just made a comment about civil laws that exist, and are enforced, in all western countries.  I guess you have something against Americans.  My advise is to get over it.  Meet some of them, if you can.  Some of them suck, but it's that way everywhere.  Sorry to piss on your parade, but get over who ever upset your apple cart :welcomeani:

57 minutes ago, robsamui said:

I guess you don't spend a lot of time in BKK?

10 hours ago, khunano said:

Rule No. 1: Don't ever buy a house in Thailand. Rule No. 2: Don't even think about it!

Slightly different to my rules, 1. Never pay rent! 2. ............... :shock1:

On 25/04/2017 at 7:35 PM, clockman said:

Most Thais are stone deaf!

We have weekend home in Hua Hin. I know if my papa/mama are disturbed we go speak to the Thai party people & promise to shut them down if they don't keep their voices & music down. Happened 2 times. So far we've not had to call police but we wud if they did not listen & noise kept going past 11 p.m

Edited by SparklingCascades

I don't live in HuaHin but in Abac BangNa.

This problem had occurred to me and my neighbours in my condo b4 when a couple moved into the duplex on the 6th floor.

They would party on the weekends from 7pm to 6am the next day shouting and laughing from the balcony to the pool.

Their friends would ride their superbikes into all night long into the car park. 

After the 2nd time,I took many videos as evidence and sent it to the management. I was not the only person that complained. The couple were given a warning and were made to sign an agreement that if they commit the same offence again, they had to forfeit their deposit and move out in 3 days time. 

The couple refused to sign. The management switch off their water supply and finally the couple were forced to move out.

Some nights or wee hours in the mornings, some Uni students would start jumping and diving into the swimming pool and make alot of noise. 

I would just walk to the security guard and inform him, and they would go to the swimming to shut it down.

I would suggest the affected go to their management of the residential estate and get them to make rules that the owners cannot rent out their houses for parties, if not the party would get shut down and all those who are not real residents will get chase out, if not the management should compensate the residents for their damages and losses. Be polite but be very firm and chase them everyday if till they do something about it.

Edited by Moonmoon

17 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Mate stop talking about usa.u could not even locate Thailand on a map under ur nose.Thailand also has civil courts duh!

I have been to Thailand 14 times, since 2004, staying as long as two months at a time a few times.  As for Thailand Civil courts, good luck with that.  They are totally subservient to the Military and you would have a lot of trouble getting much traction or support there as a foreigner.

19 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Mate stop talking about usa.u could not even locate Thailand on a map under ur nose.Thailand also has civil courts duh!

Sorry Matey, but I have to admit that after 3 years being an AMERICAN doing my best to retire in Thailand, I said <deleted> It.  I wouldn't even buy a scooter and found that the only way to have ANYTHING was to RENT EVERYTHING.  I found nothing worth OWNING.  At this point, I wish I wouldn't have wasted 3 years of my life.

2 hours ago, Joebuzz said:

Sorry Matey, but I have to admit that after 3 years being an AMERICAN doing my best to retire in Thailand, I said <deleted> It.  I wouldn't even buy a scooter and found that the only way to have ANYTHING was to RENT EVERYTHING.  I found nothing worth OWNING.  At this point, I wish I wouldn't have wasted 3 years of my life.

Since u be moving out soon why are u complaining  about not been able to own stuff?By the way u can own many things sorry u seem the be joking around.

What made u move here?

Many reasons. I retired early due to some early deaths of friends and clients. Decided i did not want to work till i drop . I chise thailand due to the costs, location as i will use it as a base to travel, and love of the country. My main goal is to become conversational in thai as well as being able to read. Im making great strides in that dept. Despite all the negative stuff you read about thailand here, my experiences have been good. Im sure i will have some bad ones too, but ill deal with those

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, bangkokbanjo said:

Many reasons. I retired early due to some early deaths of friends and clients. Decided i did not want to work till i drop . I chise thailand due to the costs, location as i will use it as a base to travel, and love of the country. My main goal is to become conversational in thai as well as being able to read. Im making great strides in that dept. Despite all the negative stuff you read about thailand here, my experiences have been good. Im sure i will have some bad ones too, but ill deal with those

Sent from my SM-G920V using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Very noble seems u is the first American i know that is willing to learn a second language.Now u want learn read and conversational  Thai best to start with this around 4-5 years of age especially to master the tones.

On 4/26/2017 at 9:24 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Since u be moving out soon why are u complaining  about not been able to own stuff?By the way u can own many things sorry u seem the be joking around.

Not complaining about "not" being able to own anything.  I'm stating that I refused to OWN anything.  I rented everything once I realized that even the women weren't worth OWNING.  Most are for RENT.  Now, I'm gone but I've got things to say about my wasted 3 years.  And please, learn to use whole words.  Your grammar is childish.