U.S. judge blocks Trump order to restrict funding for 'sanctuary cities'

webfact

Well, on the positive side, at least Trumpsters are somewhat adhering to legal processes.  

If Trump thought like Duterte or Erdogan, he would just send uniformed/armed authorities out to do his dirty work, without any concern for statutes/regulations/due process.

Will Trump sink lower, and enforce his (actually Bannon's) will more extra-judiciously?  Stay tuned.  Time will tell.  Trump has at least 1360 more days to do added damage to the US - that is if he doesn't get impeached or thrown in jail in the interim.

Edited by boomerangutang

The U.S is a democracy with some fundamental rules , you can't just change that over night .   If he thinks running a country is the same as running a business he is really not a good candidate for this job . But we already knew that. 

On 4/26/2017 at 2:29 PM, lovelomsak said:

I cannot believe America. A judge can intervene with leadership of the country. If a judge dislikes something the president does the judge simply blocks what the president did. Bad judges or personal interest judges can stop any and everything  they want be it for the better of the people or not. I am so happy I am not American.

Checks & balances, bud.  With politicians and lobbyists, it's mostly checks.

Checks & balances, bud.  With politicians and lobbyists, it's mostly checks.

Judges have a dute to recuse themselves in any case where they have a conflict of interest.

That is also a part if the checks and balances

As it is, what the dems are doing right now is calling in favors with judges to block every move Trump makes.

This will end badly for the dems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump was elected in large part to end this sanctuary city crap.. now any judge from a place like SF, can over rule the president that was elected to do just this?. obviously he will appeal it but how long is it going to take to just get these fking places to stop be 'sanctuarys' for illegal immigrants..

what other illegals will they be a sanctuary for?

Money counterfeiters?

intellectual property  counterfeiters?

rapests and child molestors?

can you imagine if Bangkok was a 'sanctuary city' for illegal immigrants?  we would all just be on overstay, the city would fill up with african, cambodian, MEeastern, Chinese crooks.. crime rates would skyrocket, assaults on women would skyrocket.

would you want bangkok to be a sanctuary city?

I want to live in a country that enforces its laws!  Anytime a LE officer has the right to ask for identification and to check it on a computer network for validity, if it is fake that person needs to be placed into custody until he can finance his way back to his own country so that he can get his travel documents in order.  That is exactly how it is done here or in japan or in any REAL country.  Thats what Trump said during his campaign-"we don't have a country"

42 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Judges have a dute to recuse themselves in any case where they have a conflict of interest.
That is also a part if the checks and balances. As it is, what the dems are doing right now is calling in favors with judges to block every move Trump makes. This will end badly for the dems.

I don't see it as "dems are .....calling in favors with judges...."

That's nuts. Judges can think for themselves.  They're not controlled by politicians.

However, I do think that judges are listening when Trump repeatedly trash-talks one or more of their brethren.  For example, when Trump said disparaging things about a born-in-Indiana judge because the man has parents who hail from Mexico.    So, maybe there's a bit of subjectivity going on among some judges.  They're human, after all, not robotrons - like judges in 3rd world countries, like Thailand, who are controlled by politicians (even self-appointed politicians) and other rich people.  

12 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

Trump was elected in large part to end this sanctuary city crap.. now any judge from a place like SF, can over rule the president that was elected to do just this?. obviously he will appeal it but how long is it going to take to just get these fking places to stop be 'sanctuarys' for illegal immigrants..

what other illegals will they be a sanctuary for?

Money counterfeiters?

intellectual property  counterfeiters?

rapests and child molestors?

can you imagine if Bangkok was a 'sanctuary city' for illegal immigrants?  we would all just be on overstay, the city would fill up with african, cambodian, MEeastern, Chinese crooks.. crime rates would skyrocket, assaults on women would skyrocket.

would you want bangkok to be a sanctuary city?

I want to live in a country that enforces its laws!  Anytime a LE officer has the right to ask for identification and to check it on a computer network for validity, if it is fake that person needs to be placed into custody until he can finance his way back to his own country so that he can get his travel documents in order.  That is exactly how it is done here or in japan or in any REAL country.  Thats what Trump said during his campaign-"we don't have a country"

Everything you're saying, above, could be twisted to showcase what's going on now in the White House.

Trump broke laws to get elected. He's accused of being a child-rapist. There's also a growing swell of evidence implicating him and his WH buddies in money-laundering and treasonous activities.

Yet, he has sanctuary in the WH.  The WH could be labeled, according to pkspeaker's logic, 'a sanctuary refuge' for law-breakers.

If Trump is a child rapist then he would be indicted as soon as a prosecutor found such evidence-there is no evidence to support that charge.  The white house has not been declared a 'sanctuary' for any illegal activity.

In the case of sanctuary cities, these places have a policy that even when they arrest people who are found to be in the US illegally-they release them w/o deportation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle

2 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

If Trump is a child rapist then he would be indicted as soon as a prosecutor found such evidence-there is no evidence to support that charge.  The white house has not been declared a 'sanctuary' for any illegal activity.

In the case of sanctuary cities, these places have a policy that even when they arrest people who are found to be in the US illegally-they release them w/o deportation.

You're right that there is no evidence that he is a child rapist. But there is strong evidence that he has sexually assaulted numerous adult women and also that he's a total pervert, using his authority to be a peeping Tom of underage girls at his beauty pageants. Normal people are justifiably ruined by such charges but he's apparently above it all. 

On 4/26/2017 at 1:11 PM, ilostmypassword said:

How is refusing to comply with a federal request bullying the population?  

What strict clear laws are these exactly?

its not clear my post is rubbish exactly the same as yours .

9 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

I don't see it as "dems are .....calling in favors with judges...."

That's nuts. Judges can think for themselves.  They're not controlled by politicians.

However, I do think that judges are listening when Trump repeatedly trash-talks one or more of their brethren.  For example, when Trump said disparaging things about a born-in-Indiana judge because the man has parents who hail from Mexico.    So, maybe there's a bit of subjectivity going on among some judges.  They're human, after all, not robotrons - like judges in 3rd world countries, like Thailand, who are controlled by politicians (even self-appointed politicians) and other rich people.  

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555 judges not political . best joke i heard for a long time

7 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

If Trump is a child rapist then he would be indicted as soon as a prosecutor found such evidence-there is no evidence to support that charge.  The white house has not been declared a 'sanctuary' for any illegal activity. In the case of sanctuary cities, these places have a policy that even when they arrest people who are found to be in the US illegally-they release them w/o deportation.

The woman (she was 13 or 14 at the time of the 4 alleged rapes) tried going to court earlier, but Trump's millionaire lawyers made her go away until she got an attorney.  She got an attorney, and they had a court date in December '16.  She had so many death threats prior to going to court that she decided not to go. Even a dunce could see there was concerted efforts to see she didn't get her day in court.  P.S. there is at least one witness willing to testify - to back up the charges.  One of the two alleged child rapists has already been busted.  The other is Trump.

7 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

yea.. and your going off topic with that bullshit; comparing 'the white house' to 'sanctuary cities' is bullshit..

Somebody is getting very bothered by that analogy, and it's not me. 

On 4/26/2017 at 2:29 PM, lovelomsak said:

I cannot believe America. A judge can intervene with leadership of the country. If a judge dislikes something the president does the judge simply blocks what the president did.Bad judges or personal interest judges can stop any and everything  they want be it for the better of the people or not. I am so happy I am not American.

Unfortunately judges these days are nothing more than politicians in robes.