Pro-democracy activists threatened by police over missing plaque

webfact

Pro-democracy activists threatened by police over missing plaque
By The Nation

ebeba59affd8d38bcd869e76137cc3c1.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Pro-democracy activists have been continuously threatened and told to stop taking action with regards to the mysterious disappearance of the Siamese Revolution plaque almost two weeks after the historic symbol was discovered missing.

Chonthicha Jaengrew, a member of New Democracy Movement, posted on Facebook on Tuesday that she had been contacted by a person claiming to be a police officer who told her to stop investigating or taking any other action regarding the missing plaque. She could be prosecuted on national security charges, including lese majeste, she was warned.

Prior to Chonthicha’s case, two other pro-democracy activists who have protested the disappearance of the plaque, Sirawith Serithiwat and Piyarat Chongthep, posted similar message on Facebook about being called by police and warned against activities concerning the plaque.

The plaque was reported missing two weeks, when a replacement know as the so-called “Na Sai”, or “happy face people” plaque, was discovered. 

Government officials have made vague statements and avoided taking any action on the matter.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30313429

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-04-26

"Government officials have made vague statements and avoided taking any action on the matter."

'You're under arrest. We'll invent charges later. Now, who else wants to join him?'

I would say government officials are in fact taking quite a lot of action on the matter...

12 hours ago, NCFC said:

If I stole a Garuda off a government building, say, why would another person be threatened by the police for reporting that fact? I don't get it.

Everyone including the police know who asked for it to be replaced as well as who did the replacement. Look at the old wording on the plague vs the wording of the new one. The answers becomes clear.

13 hours ago, NCFC said:

If I stole a Garuda off a government building, say, why would another person be threatened by the police for reporting that fact? I don't get it.

not only steal, you would have to replace the Garuda with, let's say Pokemon