Odd Socks

grollies

Every month or so Wifey will present me with a pile of odd socks, asking me where did all the other socks go?

Meanwhile, I'm sitting the wearing blue & black socks.

In the drawer are socks, oddly paired, which would match the pile of odd socks.

Anyone else have this problem? Hutch,?

Only seem to need socks when wearing a suit or smart casual/playing a sport/visiting a cold climate country so they pretty much sit in a drawer & behave themselves....

No problem here in the LOS....

Used to run into your problem when I had to wear a suit every day but always bought 3 or 4 pair each of  matching colors/brand so always stayed ahead of the rogue & runaway socks.....

I have about a dozen pairs of odd socks. 6 are half black and half blue, and the other 6 are half blue and half black.

Seems to happen every time I do the washing instead of the wife.

2 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Black and blue sandals to match?

Work boots.

One pair has a black left and a brown right, the other pair has a brown left and a black right.

Strange.

A long time ago I had a pilot friend who always wore a red sock on his left foot and a green on on his right. He said it was to remember port from starboard. His chief pilot was an absolute martinet in matters of uniform and it used to drive him appoplectic. I think that was the real intention.

Odd socks are the norm for me but to keep it looking err less odd I only invest in black socks. And yes the Mrs goes ballistic about them being odd and I say nonchalantly; mai pen rai khap.

Edited by Rc2702

Odd socks, got loads of them, I have time wear 2 pairs when I put on my Wellington boots as they rub chaff my lower calfs. The problem is my wellies are split down the seams so if I have to pop into the shallows of a pond or in long grass when it's wet the water seeps in so when I have a break I change the wet socks for dry and put the wet on the wall to dry out. This can happen up to 3 times a day so that's 12 different socks, 12 socks I hear you say? Yes 12! I ask the wife to laundry them but she never puts them in pairs just a pile, I ask why don't you put them in pairs she says only sock no problem. She's right you know odd socks are no problem they can get on just the same, imagine if all the socks in the world were all the same...... how boring would that be?
So I'm going to buy some new welly boots and try to cut down on sock usage using one pair at a time to reduce confusion and with the old gogs I will cut them beneath the split drill holes in the sides and fashion them into a cast net shoe as the fish run will soon be upon us and it's time to fling that net once again.
In upto my neck I go it is an art 5.5 kilo striped catfish in a cast net last year wrestling away in water chest height the roar of approval from the locals was quite something and I had no socks on!
CharlieH, any sock stories?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 4/28/2017 at 11:09 PM, Rc2702 said:

Odd socks are the norm for me but to keep it looking err less odd I only invest in black socks. And yes the Mrs goes ballistic about them being odd and I say nonchalantly; mai pen rai khap.

I use my knee high socks to put my condoms in. Are we on the same thing?