More summer storms in several regions at weekend

webfact

More summer storms in several regions at weekend

294_TMD.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Meteorological Department issued a latest warning today of more strong summer storms at the weekend in the country's northern, northeastern, eastern and central regions with advice for people in these areas to avoid staying close to big trees unstable huge billboards and in open areas.

It said high pressure front from China is moving down to blanket Thailand’s Northeast region and South China Sea during April 28-29 as heat still remaining in these areas.

This will result in strong summer storms in  these areas at the weekend.

It said torrential thunder storms, rainstorms and hail storms could be expected in all northern provinces from today until weekend.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/summer-storms-several-regions-weekend/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-04-28

Downpour late yesterday arvo & early evening here in Prasat Surin. Accompanied by one of the biggest thunder storms I've ever experienced (went on for about 3 hrs). Nice rinse for the garden.

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Never mind Bill. we got the rain over here for an hour.:thumbsup:

Well its now 22,.30hrs and it's been banging, crashing and flashing for the last two hours with  very heavy rain. Just what we needed for the mangoes. No pumping from the river for a while then.  Yippee.

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Well its now 22,.30hrs and it's been banging, crashing and flashing for the last two hours with  very heavy rain. Just what we needed for the mangoes. No pumping from the river for a while then.  Yippee.

Your mango's might split...also the jackfruits do that from rain.

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Yesterday afternoon thunder and lightning woke me from my afternoon nap about 4pm with a little rain. I brought my laundry in (working clothes for grass and scrub cutting) and by 4:45 the wind got up and ripped the dying and dead coconut fronds off the trees.

Then the rain started in earnest and the skies opened. I normally collect rainwater for drinking  with a bypass for little rain. It came down so hard that it blew the push fit connector off and was spraying 3 of 4 metres into my workshop. The only way to stop it was to go up onto the balcony and kick the push fit 2 inch down pipe apart.

Of course it also caused a power outage but this one went all the way back to Khampaeng Phet 65 km away. That lasted about 2 hours and the rain finally stopped about 11pm.

Initially the rain just ran off the surface but when I walked over to the fish pond today the soil had e give in it though there is still no water in the fish pond. I think it has just soaked in.

We needed it and with a bit of luck my fishpond may fill right up this year and if it does it will be the first year since 2011.

A lot of thunder and lightning around yesterday and some gentle fine rain which left some puddles on the concrete and the rest soaked into the ground.

Good for the trees and garden though.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text